ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

Let’s say you could have Kelso or a totally custom agent of your choice accompany your character, would you use that option?

I definitely would. I think it would add a lot to solo play.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    463 posts

As long as they don't hog the cover, saying that it would be quite funny watching them try and escape the magnet/covers in this game 😂

• Noxious81
    808 posts

Generally I'd say: No. I wouldn't use that option.

And creating an AI that actually contributes to the game the way every single agent wants it to do sounds veeeeeeery difficult.

Even if you were able to choose your AI buddy's loadout – how would you command them? If at all? How good and how well equipped should they be? Should difficulty scale the same way it does for two or more human players?

• LateNiteDelight
    998 posts

Maybe for Heroic/Legendary as my mobile revive unit, but otherwise no, if they're like normal AI/Companions from other games [annoying and in the way].

If I can toss on one of my spare builds and give them roles [say, CC & Healer], that they perform about as well as some average random? Maybe, but again, probably just for Heroic+ [and never if they added Checkpoints, making no checkpoints a directive].

If they did make them competent, they'd be concerned about AI carrying people through higher theirs for loot farming [see: world boxes don't scale], so I assume they wouldn't be terribly useful.

• relentless987
    20 posts

Please no, there's Far Cry for that.

If Massive added AI team mates they would need to rebalance the game. Probably would break some stuff or make it easier. It just isn't the same as solo'ing something. Either go full solo or matchmake with real people.

• xcel30
    672 posts

I honestly wonder how they would handle things, because agents have many skills and playstyles, i mean while hunters and rogue mimic players skills, you have never seen them using stuff like shields, the other hive variants (booster, revive, artificer) and a bunch of other skills. Don't think the AI could handle a totally custom agent, at most they could give the AI some simple presets based on each spec

• Virtual-Chris

Some good questions and comments. I’m sure it’s unlikely to happen in this game for sure. But perhaps a future instalment.

I was thinking about this because my drone is basically my AI team mate. I really don’t need to tell it what to do most of the time and when I do, it’s pretty easy… attack that enemy 🙂

And then I thought, there are a couple situations where Kelso fights alongside you in the game already, and they have rogue agent and hunter AI in the game already. I’m sure they could repurpose that to have it fight alongside you instead of against you.

Anyway, I think it would be a cool option. And of course they would have to balance it. Maybe testing reveals it’s like 1.5 real people or 2, or whatever.

• LateNiteDelight
    998 posts

@virtual-chris All the more reason for TD3 to also be the next Ghost Recon game 👹

Ubisoft needs to embrace what Ubi Paris made with the Ghost Experience, while leaning on Massive's AI advantages and world building.

Let the Breakpoint team handle gun mechanics, AI teammates, and Immersive Mode.

Let Massive build the Looter side [with Skills], the urban core, and the enemy AI.

Collaborate on the missions/strongholds to make some [all?] semi-linear, with multiple pathing/strategy options, as well as merging the outpost/CP/supplydepot/etc activities.

Finish driving the stake through the heart of the Ghost Recon [and TC Traditionalist] folks by having the first DLC be old school Rainbow Six, with breach/hostage levels and mechanics 😮

• Virtual-Chris

@latenitedelight ... That would be an interesting game for sure.

• LateNiteDelight
    998 posts

@virtual-chris I always thought it should be set in Mexico City, but now I'm wondering if some place like El Paso + Juarez would be an ideal reason to merge the TC Universe. Division Agents are there because El Paso is a US City. Ghost Recon is tackling the Cartels in Juarez.

Plus, Endgame DLC could call on any number of Cartels from further south coming to try and fill the void left from who we excise - or maybe even a US Biker Gang and poorly dressed Chemistry teacher who knocks... Plus the PMCs.. maybe a new "takeover" group each year?

Another DLC, featuring a new map, could move to San Diego + Tijuana for a similar setup. Seems like fertile grounds for a company looking to extend development cycles and monetize games longer..

• WrecK3rr
    192 posts

@virtual-chris Sure but just to use em as a decoy. 😬

• CottonCreeper
    1 posts

@wreck3rr Rainbow 6 Vegas meets The Division meets Ghost recon would a huge W!

• Aced_100
    121 posts

I was doing the air and space museum today and a group of nearby allies showed up for the part before you enter the parking garage, I've even had them show up for the first part of district union arena. I wondered what it would be like to have them through the whole mission.

• XMdead
    144 posts

Isn't a skill build essentially the equivalent to this?

Also, while it would be "cool", I can't see it being as effective or smart as a live teammate. In the end it would feel quite inadequate.

• HonestlyOK1986
    147 posts

Have you seen how the current AI acts? The answer is no and always will be.

• V4MPiR1
    216 posts

@xmdead

Isn't a skill build essentially the equivalent to this?

Also, while it would be "cool", I can't see it being as effective or smart as a live teammate. In the end it would feel quite inadequate.

@honestlyok1986

Have you seen how the current AI acts? The answer is no and always will be.

I 100% agree with XM and Honestly here. Wildlands was a completely different scenario. NPC teammates there were a pretext for the sync shot and a means to drive the team narrative in what was largely calibrated as a single-player experience. However, even there one had to babysit them because all three of them would chronically get hit by the trains, like lemmings.

D2, over numerous recalibrations, has become an extremely high respawn/engagement rate, extreme bullet-sponge fest (esp. highest difficulties). The narrative is largely single-player, but the gameplay is clearly geared towards multiplayer (esp. highest difficulties; raids and legendaries). If the game had NPC teammates, they would have to be set at the same effectiveness as a CPO because they would be too much of a force multiplier set as NPC Rogues. Moreover, you would then potentially have three additional revive opportunities over your optional revive hive with intended long-duration cooldown. As XM stated, they would each be the equivalent of additional skills, compounded by any skills they could potentially have. The OPFOR would then require respective scaling.

Skills have varyingly high malfunction rates, which can be compensated for by the resourcefulness of the player. Nevertheless, there is a significantly high positive causal relationship between dependence upon skills and casualty rate (esp. highest difficulties; raids and legendaries). To be perfectly honest, in addition to rejecting NPC teammates in D2, I would like the option to kill the NPC 'civilians'. 'They' f up more than assist or remain neutral (ineffective). Would that be realistic? No. However, none of this game is, not even remotely.

• KraziAgent
    35 posts

@virtual-chris I WANTED THIS SINCE DIVISION 1 beta

or how about an AI Companion that can run a :"Ghost" account of sorts (or a free AI account) to play with or better if y o could have mre than one account play ur main while having the AI companion playing on ur 2ndary machine (if ur like ma and have more than 1 pc ?)

I know my option is out there but only a thought?

• Imagine_Brata
    409 posts

No, it's enough to see how they behave in "Wildlands" they suck a lot., Since I am a hardcore shotgun player in both Breakpoint and Division 2, I would never use them.
    And if there had been an option to deactivate them in Wildlands, I would have done so immediately.

• FBS94
    24 posts

@virtual-chris I would have loved to have ai teammates as an option, maybe even a "commander" system that could be a new alternative to the firerams - toughness - electronics trinity. Think about it, your skills could summon rookie division agents for you to command and support, with a power source of it's own. Skills that are not powered by red, blue, or yellow, but something else. Something new.

• PedMM
    20 posts

No AI team mates are completely broken and dumb in breakpoint no one needs more broken stuff here
    Just stop Chris you saw very well what happened to breakpoint when UBI try to mix the two games

here team mates in action. they kill everything miles away and blow up any vehicle in 2 or 3 shots and no difficulty makes no difference

Suggested Topics