Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• P4tch666
    Original poster 2 posts

I've really enjoyed the FC series of games and was looking forward to FC6, but there are a few issues that are just making the experience unenjoyable, to say the least.
    I'm only at the early part of the game but already I'm feeling fairly fatigued with it.

Enemies respawning too soon
    Yes there are many comments about this already on the forum, but I can see some logic to it.
    I guess the idea was to keep the challenge up until you achieve the objectives.
    That may work, but the current implementation is way off the mark.
    Too many bots respawn far too soon after the player has taken them out.
    If they respawn 20 meters behind me then I am flanked and in danger of being overrun.
    So much for any stealth play!
    This is not a CoD game after all, this needs to be fixed.

Enemy A.I
    This just is not up to scratch for a good shooter.
    FC has never had great enemy A.I. but they seem to have adjusted it to try and compensate for the shortcomings.
    The enemy is now far too quick to detect the player. I mean I'm far away and just peek out from behind a box and they immediately spot me, start firing and fire off a flare??
    I shoot a guy in the head but a microsecond before he dies he shoots a flare off??
    They're not even facing my direction but they detect me?

Enemies are too Spongy
    Also plenty of comments about this, they just soak up ammo.
    A shot to the head should take them down immediately.
    1 arrow to the chest should slow them down or kill them, 2 or 3 and they should drop.
    It breaks the stealth mechanic because by the time they die they've already rasied the alert.
    Also compare this to infrastructure, which is often too fragile.
    Seriously, a chopper should probably not explode after 5 bullets...

Graphics
    The bloom between dark and light areas is just too slow or contrasty.
    The brightness just continuously goes up and down as you move about.
    Thats not exactly realistic and its very distracting.
    My rig has everything maxed out feature and quality wise and I'm running with the HD texture, but sheesh, this is an annoying effect.
    Speaking of HD textures, very inconsistent, many objects are just too blurry up close.

Going AWOL
    Maybe this is all my fault, maybe I bought in too early?
    I'm going to let this game go for a few weeks, give the devs a chance to fix these issues or at least to see where it goes.
    Its just not enjoyable at all, IMHO.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• P4tch666
    Original poster 2 posts

Thinking about this a little more, the bigggest issue right now with the game, IMO, is the respawning.
    Bots are respawning frequently around the player which is disrupting the players strategy, consuming ammo and other resources and feels very unatural.
    None of this is fun either, in fact its the opposite, its very frustrating and disruptive to the gameplay.

I cannot believe either that the original conception of this feature and the implementation of it are the same thing.
    I'm sure a large shadow has fallen between the two somewhere along the way. Well, bugs do happen, the challenge now is to move along and fix it.

I think the single most useful fix the devs could do right now would be to increase the delay before a bot respawns.
    I would suggest a few minutes, at the very least. This would allow the player to continue with their plan or strategy and remain 'in the flow'.

The other thing that would be very helpful, if possible, would be to stop respawn completely in certain areas.
    I think respawning in a large base makes sense, while on a small plantation or farm, or in a small structure or at a remote location, it makes no sense at all.

These two fixes could be rolled out separately, i.e.: I wouldnt want to see the first fix held up by the second.
    I really feel this should be the top priority and shouldnt take too much effort to actually do.

I know that there are other complaints about the game, such as crashes and texture issues and controller issues and those will be the priority for those players, of course.
    For what its worth, I've experienced no such issues. I'm playing on a beefy PC and everything is maxed out with HD textures on, RTX enabled, ultra settings, etc.
    Now that may not mean much, except to show that the game can run well when everything else is ok.
    The game is complex, there may be issues with the other platforms around the system resources or configurations of those devices, who knows?
    I wouldnt blame the game for those sorts of issues in the first place though, not before checking and eliminating every other possible cause on the device first.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    59 posts

still no fix for enemies spawning none stop as soon as I leave to another section of the control point. I would understand at least if I would go away and come back in a few minutes like in Far Cry2's control points. But, this is just reticules, childish and lazy to release a game with bugs like this and have the option to preorder. No wonder they thought about staying away from steam store. Good decision on their part. Cause, steam community would've destroyed this game already. Next time how about you play your games and take notes. Oh and the sliding constantly and how easy this game is to pass was terrible decision on your part. Who ever thought that was a good idea should be fired. You have lost your way completely and I was hoping this game would be good since it was based on Cuba. Terrible game.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@p4tch666
    1. Enemies don’t discover you quickly. If that happens, it’s because they’ve already entered searching mode. When things are normal, they’re still blind as a bat.

2.Headshots are already one-shot. Insisting on using non-AP ammo is a whole another story though.

• As1r0nimo
    107 posts

Right now, i want Ubi to implement old DX11 render (coz DX12 is in a crap state for this engine) or a refund. Everything else - I don't give a [censored].

Suggested Topics