Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Why is noone talking about the broken detection speed and glaring stealh issues in Valhalla?

0 Likes/9 Replies/177 Views
    skalibran
    Original poster 1 posts

So Valhalla's stealth mechanics are broken from launch. This issue regularly appears on social networks like reddit, and every title update has comments with many upvotes asking when it will get fixed.

I'm wondering: Is Ubisoft even planning to fix it? Despite many reports, it is not listed in the Known Issues topics. What I expected to be fixed with a hotfix 1-4 weeks after launch hasn't even been acknowledged by Ubisoft nearly a year later.

Disclaimer: I'm not complaining about the design direction of the last three entries. I'm talking about actual game breaking issues in Valhalla that Origins and Odyssey didn't have.

Here is a video I've found talking about these issues. I've had several more bugs in that regard, but it's a good place to start if you don't know what I'm talking about:

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    244 posts

@skalibran Why is no one talking about it?
    Its like trying to have a physics discussion with a flat-earther. I don't have it in me to bash my head against the wall anymore.

• longjohn119
    784 posts

@lemmie88 To me it's like the broken Aim Assist ..... You just have to deal with it because it's never going to change

Normally when I finish the main quests of an AC game there is a sense of sadness that it's over .... With Valhalla it was more a sense of relief🙄

• teh_greg
    29 posts

The game is too far into its life cycle for them fix such fundamental issues.

Discovery Tour is out, there's been no info about the mentioned Year 2 Support (at least I haven't heard anything). The game is basically in maintenance mode with occasional Ubisoft challenges that don't work (I never got the Legendary Bow or the Pharaoh's Horse despite completing the challenges).

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 749 posts

Hi there everyone!

Thank you all for posting to our AC Valhalla discussions and letting us know you thoughts on the stealth mechanics in-game.

@skalibran Your post, along with the detailed video, is much appreciated. This video does a good job of highlighting details, and this has been passed on to the game team. Regrettably, we're unable to share any new news or information in regards to changes with the stealth mechanics.

@teh_greg Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback. Sorry to hear you've not received your Legendary Bow or Pharaoh's Horse after completing the challenges. I believe that the Pharaoh's horse issue may be linked to the connect challenge here. If you feel as though this thread, or any of the other megathreads do not accurately describe the issue you're having, could you please start a new thread and we'd be happy to help.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    634 posts

Well, yes, there are issues that aren't right but it's relatively easy to circumvent them. Eivor is ridiculously hard and can demolish armies by herself (to be fair I have not tried the most difficult combat difficulty). This obviates the need for stealth in a lot of situations and Eivor can always run away from most fights anyway. For those situations that are an issue - mastery challenges are an obvious case - I rarely had a lot of trouble when being careful (I do not classify the game-play shown in that video as particularly careful). So that might explain why there's not a lot of discussion. Certainly has been at times on the Hitman forum but there 47 dies quickly when detected by guards so stealth really is a major issue.

So I can see reasons why there might not be a lot of discussion though the basic point remains, if only in principle for me, that it is supposed to be a stealth game.

• AnimusLover
    180 posts

@skalibran We have been talking about it. People are just tired of being ignored by Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 749 posts

Hi @SpirantCrayon22

Thank you for posting this additional information for us! As investigation is underway, please be assured that while some players may not have been vocal about this recently, the problem continues to be investigated. Please feel free to check our News and Announcements section in the forums in the meantime.

Hello @AnimusLover

Sorry to hear that you feel some players have not voiced their concerns, due to feeling ignored. Even if an issue has already been reported, we'd like to urge players to get in touch so that we are able to gather more details and player reports.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    784 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I used the broken stealth mechanic to help me overcome the broken Aim Assist mechanic ..... Basically I'd set them up so when they would detect me they'd have to come through some sort of narrow passage towards me such as a door or the space between two buildings, a hallway .... anything that will funnel them into a narrow range ..... Then I'd just aim my bow at about head level use my feet to aim by moving side to side and let them run into the crosshair and then release the arrow for a headshot ..... It's basically a technique I taught myself playing Skyrim with a bow using a mod that turns off their broken version of Aim Assist (fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0 in Skyrim.ini) .... A problem that's true in all games using a bow with a controller is you only have one sensitivity control for both joysticks and the left one that controls character movement is 'slower' so you have more precision by "aiming with your feet" by moving side to side and forward and backwards rather than using the right stick which tends to be 'twitchier" and harder to control. I still like the way Odyssey and Origins does it best where you can do quick shots by going left trigger/right trigger and release both and then left trigger right trigger and release both .... bang-bang, bang-bang, bang-bang ... three dead enemies (or animals) in a couple of seconds ..... I've spent the last week clearing all the markers on my last Odyssey play through which means a lot of small forts and bandit camps and I just run up to the gate and about 10 meters out I just start shooting and I can clear out a fort of 6-10 NPCs without ever stepping foot into the fort

Here is one where I take out the entire large fort on Paros Island (Paros Quarry) except two NPCs way in the back without stepping through the front gate of the fort

Suggested Topics