ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AurioDK
    Original poster 11 posts

I actually enjoyed my first playthrough, there were casualties, some I saw coming and others took me by surprise. It´s a story and war is a bloody mess, I was fine with how things developed but I have approached my second playthrough very differently due to actually knowing I can´t change things. Regardless of what I do some of those my character cares about will be kicking daisies, Far Cry 6 doesn´t have multiple outcomes in those scenarios.

I have been skipping the story all together in my second playthrough which probably will remain unfinished as I am going to conquer as much of Yara by myself as I can. Already finished one zone, all the treasure hunts, side stories, checkpoints and facilities. Reading a bit more than I did first time around and paying more attention to details around the landscape. I just don´t want to start the story and watch the same people die again knowing I cant change things.

The weird thing is that I am actually having fun with just messing about, once I am done with all of Yara I guess I will crown myself a dictator .... 😄

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@auriodk I finished the game yesterday and felt i wanted more so I'm cranked open Ghost Recon Breakpoint for another run.

I'll be back for the DLC's.

If there was a New Game Plus I'd happily run the story again, but collecting all the stuff, not so much.

• AnimusLover
    299 posts

@auriodk Love the game and want a new game plus and a harder difficulty mode.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

I am fighting to want to finish FC6. FC2,3,4 and FC5 got multiple replays and a few hundered hours each. FC6 will be very forgettable and that is a real shame as I was looking forward to it being my winter game this year.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

I was deliberately focusing on non-story content, because I feared that after finishing the main story, there would be no real reason anymore to play the game. The replayability seems lacking, despite the insurrections (which I haven't played yet).

Devil's attorney: I assume Ubisoft doesn't want too much replayability, because that could mean players don't buy the next game in the series. Replayability has been reduced more and more.

• AnimusLover
    299 posts

@aazhyd On your last point, I highly doubt that. Look at Activision and COD Warzone. They released Cold War a year after even though Warzone was extremely popular and still is.

• rickidoo2010
    145 posts

Replayability for far cry games ever since FC 3 was all in the player's mind. If your mind is expecting a wildly changed story, then you will be disappointed. FC 4 gave us two partially different story lines, which fell naturally out of the dichotomy of the two secondary protagonists in the story. That added to both fun and interest but if UBI had tried that in FC 6 we would hear the choruses of "they copied FC 4!!!"

But if your mind is open to new approaches, different weapons, even less powerful weapons, attacking in new ways, etc, you will get a decent amount of replayability out of FC 6 just like the other FC's. And given FC 6's larger region and greater weapon choice, it is likely to have even more replayability than the prior FC's. But you will eventually tire, it is inevitable. There will be the free content and DLC's, and I am crossing my fingers for some enjoyment out of that. (Hopefully better than FC 5's mars and zombies!) - bring on Machete!

And if, like FC 5, modders follow with ways to up the ante in the game, it will be extended still.

But you will eventually tire. Like watching a favorite movie over and over again... eventually you are left with a smile at all the fun you had for long time before the glitter faded.

That's my take.

It's in our heads.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

No skills, no levels, everything tied to gear just does not feel like a Far Cry game. Resetting the Outposts is also missing and that was a whole lot of the re-playable fun in previous games. No human companions, another big loss, I guess they plan to introduce those in a future DLC? Music and atmosphere is also disappointing compared to previous titles.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

I have now completed the story and got almost everything done. There's not much left to do. Insurgencies are finished in 1 day and then it's the big nothing.

Waiting for the first DLC, hope they'll add some more replayability. Any idea when the DLC might hit?

• vladboss16
    1 posts

i have a problem ,bug, it seems like all my progress with level is gone, because when i reach 13,14, after the update he reset to 5 and when i press Q, my icons are white, also i can't see anymore the characteristic of the guns or how to compare it.Please try to fix this bugs...

Suggested Topics