Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Capt.Vitallion
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi,

I'm getting the issue where downloading AC4 from Ubisoft Connect doesn't finish, it stops at 99% and cannot continue.
    Apparently this is a long-standing issue: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/831845-Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Download-Won-t-Complete/page5
    In this forum, a staff member suggests that in order for this to get solved, one must contact the team so that they can review my Ubisoft account, and change the linked product. (Quoted from Ubi-Raziel's post on 05-09-2021 on page 5.)
    Well I tried to head over to https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact, but after I fill out my form with my issue, I'm only offered the option to "Start chat", but it's actually crossed out, saying "Chat is currently unavailable. Please choose another support method."
    There is no other support method though. What am I supposed to do at this point?

Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 731 posts

@capt-vitallion Hello there!

Sorry to hear you've not been able to get in touch with support in regards to AC4 not downloading correctly.

You can also create a support ticket by contacting the team via Twitter or Facebook direct message. They will be able to follow the exact same process described to you by Ubi-Raziel, and take a closer look at your Ubisoft account for you.

If you need any additional assistance getting in touch, please feel free to reach back out here and we'd be happy to help.
    Thanks!

Official Response
  • Capt.Vitallion
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-nacho
    Thank you for your reply. (and sorry for the late response from me).

Unfortunately I must say, I am extremely disinclined to accept to your facebook policy: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/article/facebook-privacy-notice/000065775
    At the time when I purchased the game on DVD, I was nowhere informed that at any time in the future, in order to be able to gain access to your technical support, I will have to sell you my personal facebook data. Why does Ubisoft have to store my facebook data for 12 months after my issue is closed?
    That is something I will not agree to, so I will NOT contact you on facebook.
    Yes I've read I can then run from from one "relevant authority" to the other, filing complaints, etc., wasting time, to get the data deleted... this something I simply do not have time for.

All I want, is technical support to be able to download a game I bought, without having to sell out any of my private data. I'm quite sure this should be possible, and I don't understand why your official ticket system is down to begin with.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

@capt-vitallion Thank you for your reply. Apologies but we were not aware of your stance on support being provided via Facebook.

I have gone ahead and created you a support ticket so we can look into this further. Your ticket number is 15541566 you can access it here.

I have also sent you a verification email on the support case to verify you as the account owner.

We will continue support via the case.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics