Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xlastovi
    Original poster 111 posts

Hello. What the hell is with people joining me while I am idle or sorting my inventory in BOO's private area? I keep forgetting to change my group privacy after I leave a mission. But what darned matchmaking makes people join me when I should be left alone?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• badkarmacreepin
    26 posts

@xlastovi if your group is set to open, you'll get randoms matchmaking for whatever.

• V4MPiR1
    72 posts

@xlastovi Exactly as Bad stated. Set your privacy to "Friends & Clan Only Group" and you'll preclude this occurrence.

You had Bill join on you while you were in you inventory, didn't you? 😉

Silenceofthelambs Lotion GIF - Silenceofthelambs Lotion Wildbill GIFs

• xlastovi

@v4mpir1 And how should I get other players for a mission? Machtmaking sucks as it gets cancelled before each boss.

• badkarmacreepin
    26 posts

@xlastovi Use the specific mission menu as you walk up to the beginning of it. When you fast travel to the mission, you'll see it floating out in front of you - matchmaking is one of the options.

• Noxious81
    385 posts
    (...) And how should I get other players for a mission? Machtmaking sucks as it gets cancelled before each boss.

If you start looking for other agents when starting the mission the team should usually be filled up pretty quickly. But there should be at least four of you when reaching the boss area...

MM and also removing agents btw. gets deactivated here to prevent people from kicking players before the final boss or from skipping the whole mission by only joining groups during the final fight.

• xlastovi

@noxious81

If you start looking for other agents when starting the mission the team should usually be filled up pretty quickly. But there should be at least four of you when reaching the boss area...

I wish that would be true. Often single player joins after I am half way through a mission...

MM and also removing agents btw. gets deactivated here to prevent people from kicking players before the final boss or from skipping the whole mission by only joining groups during the final fight.

This did not occur to me. Thank you for explanation 🙂

• V4MPiR1
    72 posts

@xlastovi

I wish that would be true. Often single player joins after I am half way through a mission...

There are many variables involved in the result, but what Nox stated is a 'general' truth. For example, if you matchmake for a non-specific main mission at a given difficulty setting, it will first queue you in to populate any active missions, including those that are staging. If matchmaking fails to identify any 'groups' meeting this criteria, it assigns you as the host and randomly chooses a mission at said difficulty to then queue subsequent non-specific main mission matchmakers, and/or matching specific main mission matchmakers, into. However, if you matchmake for a specific main mission, you will be queued into active groups that have already selected said specific main mission. If matchmaking fails to identify any 'groups' meeting this criteria, it assigns you as the host and you're left waiting out the aforementioned queuing scenarios until it's populated. The greater the obscurity of the selected mission (ie. non-manhunt, etc.), the lower the probability of having matchmakers queued, given that non-matching main mission matchmaker populations have been selectively eliminated. This is not to suggest that you shouldn't select specific main missions, rather, raising awareness to a potential contributing variable.

Secondly, time of day. Hypothetically, if a player chooses to matchmake at a time of day during which significant proportions of players are engaged in real-life obligations (ie. work, sleep, etc.) despite globality, then matchmaking will necessarily fail to queue. Weekly Legendaries are particularly prone to this.

Thirdly, drawdown. Player populations (esp. veteran) will naturally and progressively diminish with disincentivization (inc. lack of new content, etc.).

Setting your privacy to "Friends & Clan Only Group" will not preclude you from matchmaking successfully. It will, however, preclude other active matchmakers from attaching to you without your permission.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    34 posts

@v4mpir1

Either there are issues or that option doesn't work anymore, my settings are always set to friends and clan only i even check this every time i log into game, But the last 2 or 3 days ive had several players join me in safe houses including 3 times this morning and i even checked my settings and they still on friends and clan only. I think it could be a bug or something as it never used to

Suggested Topics