ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Akira1364
    Original poster 159 posts

Insurgencies are fun enough I guess, but take maybe half an hour at the absolute most to complete in their entirety, meaning they're in no way equivalent to manually resettable "outposts" (bases in this game) if only released once a week.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Roddyoung
    3 posts

@akira1364 Not only that - what's the reward for retaking it, other than the intel to unlock the operation... the cache doesnt reset so no extra gunpowder or gear etc?

• carshop22
    43 posts

@akira1364 the fnd should just re-attack everything, all out war could've been fun?!

• Akira1364

@carshop22 A points-based Far Cry 4 style "Outpost Master" approach would probably be my favorite way for them to go with it, but something like how FC5 or New Dawn did it would be fine also. In any case, they can't possibly expect people to keep playing the game on a daily basis long after release without something like this being included, as without it Special Operations are the only truly repeatable content the game has at all.

Also, the series has historically had a lot of great "best outpost runs" YouTube videos made for it, which wouldn't really be feasible to make for FC6 currently. Not getting to see the interesting approaches people come up with would be quite a shame IMO.

• Akira1364

@roddyoung I don't think the reward matters too much. It could just be regular resources or experience or whatever. The point is mostly to actually have substantial fun-to-play repeatable content in the game other than Special Operations. As I said elsewhere, Insurgencies are a neat concept, but they take very little time to complete and so at a release pace of one per week are nowhere close to "enough" overall in my opinion.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

@roddyoung
    You get Moneda to buy exclusive stuff at Lola's.

I agree with OP: there should be a way to reset more stuff. I have no incentive to play anymore, aside from insurgences. What would also help is a tougher playmode, like in FC5.

• Arramon777
    29 posts

@akira1364 yea, but what are the point of continued resources if you cant use them??? I have a ton now............................ Your guns can only be upgraded so far, the enemies are only so tough. The bases and checkpoints are one and done and I can't even start the next mission with Trejo because it doesn't appear in Lola's list of missions not to mention the DLC games don't even work yet. Zero reason to play when the game is at a stand still. I like beating a game. Kind of why I bought this one......................to have a COMPLETE game that can be BEAT. This one is open ended and currently boring.

• Arramon777
    29 posts

and beating a game that was fun that makes you want to replay it.....I can't even get to that point. We can't beat the game =b

• rizz768
    181 posts

The weekly insurgency isn't enough, I complete it within 20 minutes, purchase the things I need from the black market, then have zero reason to play for another week, even this will be hard to keep up long term, eventually I will lose interest in those store cosmetics as well, they're only as important as how much you enjoy the game, afterall. Maybe have it activate twice a week in different regions.

For me, upcoming DLC aside, the lasting content for this game lies in special operations, but they could be a lot more than they are.

Special Operations should be....special. Have Lola give you a daily mission to complete a random special operation, which rewards you with a new item appearing in the black market for the week. Add a bunch of randomly spawned materials to loot in them each time you play, add 3-4 side objectives that are chosen at random from a dozen or more possibilities, add actual interactive maps, multiple hidden chests spawned randomly with small amounts of moneda. Add an option to scale the enemy health and damage infinitely (Mastery Level 4, 5, 6, 7, etc) while the PG240-X's cooling mechanic is balanced and remains unchanged. This then leads into re-introducing New Dawn's weapon upgrade system:

This will allow the player to upgrade their favorite weapons, and infuse gear with up to two additional perks from other sets, allowing them to increase the difficulty (and rewards) of special operations to their choosing. Increased rewards can only be earned in higher difficulties (Mastery Level 4 or higher) by meeting specific objective/kill thresholds, so you can't for example, set it to Mastery Level 20, and do a 5 minute speed run for 2000 moneda, increase black market items costs to compensate. Max health increases comes passively from leveling up, which should happen more frequently if completing these special operations on higher difficulties, and completing insurgencies. Have the open world scale up with you at third of the rate.

Maybe this all sounds awful to most people, I don't know, I would really like it, though.

• Arramon777
    29 posts

@rizz768 Good luck with that...upgrading weapons changed big time. You are now given slots to modify your weapon instead of overall percentage of damage that changes. I like the new system, but once your gun is at max, its at max. And what is max? It doesn't really say...it just shows a bar that fills up. You want them to do an overhaul sounds like. But two different systems. Unless they made it so you can UP your mods individually using additional resources like more industrial pieces. So the mod that gives specific damage (soft target, armor piercing, while aiming, or aiming at someone below you, etc) can be made to infinitely increase that specific type of damage. So an actual armor piercing round can do hardcore damage to even helis and explosive rounds to tanks. I've only just started playing the harder mode and using the backpack to fire locked on missiles. I'm liking that thing. Nice freaggn damage to an area or aerial.

• rizz768
    181 posts

@arramon777 What I was mentioning about weapon upgrades actually could be incorporated into an extra weapon mod slot, call it a damage multiplier mod, that you can upgrade repeatedly with crafting materials, that gets exponentially more expensive with each upgrade. As for the weapon damage bar that fill up, this is just a visual design choice, there are still hidden raw damage numbers for each weapon that we just can't see, and wouldn't be difficult to represent in-game with an update.

It was an odd choice by them to be honest, they go all out with being able to upgrade weapons and gear for other single player games such as the recent AC games (different dev team, I know), then add lighter versions of these RPG elements into Far Cry in a way that lets the game fall flat on its face after the story ends, with nearly zero incentive to keep playing, why go through the trouble of adding in these systems if they don't encourage playing long-term, there isn't really an optional grind in this game like New Dawn had, where the weapon upgrade system probably doubled my playtime.

Ubisoft really should realize that if you're going to incorporate a bunch of paid cosmetic items into games like this, first make the end game fun and addicting, never let the player run out of things to do, create an end-game loop with daily stuff to complete, with fun repeatable side content, attract the players who like grinding for power gains. Can't see many people willing to spend money on these cosmetics early on, only to play the game for a week or two then move on, are these cosmetics even going to cross over into the upcoming DLC? probably not. The real selling potential of these cosmetics is when the story ends, when the player stays engaged with the game for months afterward because of an enjoyable end-game experience, then maybe decides to purchase a few discounted bundles to complete some lingering gear sets.

• Arramon777
    29 posts

@rizz768 Primal was my favorite. Had all the right elements. ESPECIALLY the animals. That was on point. I would play that game just to tame them all. =b And the owl was brilliant. The layout was nice and separated based on equipment or lack thereof. And you could literally finish the game. It felt complete. A sense of accomplishment....kind of wasn't looking for something I had to go back to every week just to keep it going...what if I missed a week? Would I miss opportunities for new gear etc etc? Nah... paid for the game, plus the yet-to-be-seen DLC content, and want to just beat it and move on to the next great thing. =b

• Akira1364

@rizz768 Yeah, the weirdest thing to me is the fact that they're producing all these unique weapon / armor assets without the game actually having much of a meaningful context in which to use them once you've completed the main plot. You just buy stuff from Lola, and then... have it, and that's basically it.

• Viktor_97
    20 posts

Bases reset would be great! Liberating bases is the thing I enjoy the most in this game. Unlimited Insurgencies may work as well.

Suggested Topics