ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/6 Replies/142 Views
    AnimusLover
    Original poster 264 posts

Special Ops is supposed to be played strategically so it makes no sense to rush in, get caught and have the guards sound the alarms. Just played a session now with a complete moron who would not only get caught due to rushing in but they would frequently die so I had to revive their [censored] over and over. They then rage quit and left the ops. The next person also fancied themselves a rambo type but they were at least skilled and could hold their own.

Moral of the story is don't bite off more than you can chew - if you can't hold your ground go in quietly!!!! No one wants to babysit you. Learn from your mistakes the first time.

Thanks!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@animuslover

I understand your point but there is absolutely no need to insult less skilled players like that, kind of a toxic attitude that doesn't help anyone. You can also run spec ops solo if randoms are so irritating to you.

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 264 posts

@igrvks I'm not insulting players for being less skilled but for not applying their common sense. I didn't mean to come across as toxic so I apologise for the strong language.

I'm simply saying that constantly rushing in and then getting killed over and over then quitting after the umpteeth death rather than changing approach is not helpful to your partner. People forget that their actions affect their co op partner too and no one likes having their time wasted. It's frustrating.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @AnimusLover I'm not insulting players for being less skilled but for not applying their common sense. I didn't mean to come across as toxic so I apologise for the strong language. I'm simply saying that constantly rushing in and then getting killed over and over then quitting after the umpteeth death rather than changing approach is not helpful to your partner. People forget that their actions affect their co op partner too and no one likes having their time wasted. It's frustrating.

Players being inconsiderate to their co op and/or MP partners? Glad I never experienced any of that in the Battlefield and COD series MP! 🤣

@igrvks ---you can do Spec Ops solo? Didn't know that! TY! If I start playing this again---I'll have to give it a try. 👍

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@animuslover Fair point.

Though the delight of playing with 'randoms' is part of the charm (and challenge) of co-op multiplayer. 😊

• Tesc5435
    12 posts

@igrvks No, I think the OP is about spot on. These are the same people that rushed through the main story in 6 hours going in full guns blazing because "lulz CoD" and then sit here and ruin the game for people just trying to complete their weekly OP. I don't even want to do Spec OPs with these people and I have no idea why it's required weekly. Let people that want to play multiplayer have their own mode, that's cool. But don't force me, as a single player within a single player game, to do these missions every week with people that have no idea what they're doing.

Suggested Topics