Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved UBISOFT should be ashamed - almost 2 weeks with NO patch and thousands of people complaining about crashes

18 Likes/83 Replies/1842 Views
    slim5oh
    Original poster 5 posts

[censored] Ubi? I've seen faster support from indie developers with a one-man team. This is embarrassing and you're not even addressing it in the forums. Thousands of PC players are complaining about frequent CTDs and driver crashes. Listen to your customers. I bet if there were an exploit allowing players to get free stuff from the Ubistore, you'd have that fixed in 20 minutes.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sparhawk122
    76 posts

Way more people are complaining about the respawn system in my opinion.

• DanielZod
    19 posts

@sparhawk122 I haven't had issues with re-spawning other than one FND base.

• RegZieeeX
    28 posts

To be honest I have liked most of Ubisoft's games, love the Far Cry series. But FC6 on PC really needs work, especially with regards to the textures bugging out. I'm annoyed they released a PC trailer making the game out to be really good and optimized for PC, whelp, seems like a total lie to me cause so far my experience on PC has been really quite S**T. Can't believe a $750 console can play the game better than $3,000 PC's... games needs to be patched. Fast.

• rickidoo2010
    102 posts

@slim5oh So let me see if I understand this. We have the most expansive FC game ever, played on multi platforms. We have PC players that have probably a thousand variations on video cards and 10,000 variations on the pc components they use. All kinds of different video card drivers, some out of date. We have players who report stuff that is in fact their own fault (prefs set incorrectly, etc.). And on and on and on and on... and we should be angered that it has been two weeks and UBI hasn't issued a patch?

• thesaint1965
    33 posts

@slim5oh

Agreed, i Love Ubisoft games but this is really poor I stopped playing THINKING patch will come soon.

Ubi never been quick, but at least communicate with people who spend their hard earned please.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

First patches usually appear in 2-4 weeks but they only address critical issues.

Then another usually follows a month later.

To be fair I haven't experienced a single crash (and I've finished the game). As usual, PC suffers most as PC's have multiple configurations, some of which will be responsible for the problems, others not.

• rayloriga1
    17 posts

@sofajockey

100% agreed with this. My rig is pretty basic:

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz   
    16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    12 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X

I have no stuttering, crashes, blurry things, nothing. Everything set to ULTRA and getting a decent 60-70 fps all the time. Turning in-game overlay off helped a lot. I even installed HD textures and I noticed some fps decrease but even so, it was a steady 60 fps. Since I didn't notice any visual boost (at least for me, I'm not picky) I uninstalled them.
    I have the game in a SSD, this also helps, I think.

No re-spawning nonsense (at least to complain about), no mind-blowing bugs. Pretty good experience so far (on my way to my 3rd gameplay now). The only thing that I need to be addressed is that when you select toggle instead of hold for aiming and weapon wheel it doesn't save and you have to manually change it every time you run the game; and some minor problem with subtitle sync in cutscenes.

• slim5oh
    Original poster 5 posts

@rickidoo2010 Yes, you got that right. Take the time to read the forums. Do a search on reddit for "Far Cry 6 constant crashing". Thousands of people, myself included, starting getting random crashes only after finishing the first part of the game and getting into the main island. That's not a hardware configuration issue, that's a coding issue. I get to play the game from anywhere from 3 minutes up to about 20 minutes before it either CTDs. I've followed all of Ubi's canned "suggestions" and my rig is stock and WELL above minimums. I play MSFS on high/ultra with no issues. I play many other games with no issues. What's the point of the bug reporting system if you have thousands upon thousands of bug reports coming in a day and Ubi hasn't even admitted that the CTD issue is a bug yet. If it's a conflict with certain cards/drivers/chipsets, then it's usually a pretty easy fix, coding wise.

My point was this: With a company the size of Ubi, it's embarrassing to go 2 weeks without a patch when you have a LOT of people clearing pointing out the same bugs. But yeah, keep on defending a product that maybe needed some more beta testing.

• slim5oh
    Original poster 5 posts

@sparhawk122 Yeah I've had an issue or two with respawning but I changed my tactics and minimized that happening so far. To me, that's more of a QOL improvement than a game-breaking bug...like CTDs every 10 minutes.

• AnimusLover
    231 posts

@slim5oh Yeah, you can get around the constant respawning by taking a stealthier approach but in a game that allows you to play how you want that's not good.

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

"Patience you must have, my young Padawan." -Yoda

• Virtual-Chris
    760 posts

It does seem neglectful. Presumably the game build went gold and was released to manufacturing (RTM) before release. The fact they didn’t have a day 1 patch to address top issues since RTM is very odd. The fact that we’re a few weeks in now and players are either dropping off or many waiting for a patch before buying must be hurting engagement and sales which ultimately dulls the success of the product. It’s very strange. Did the whole team check out on vacation after RTM? What are they waiting for?

• Enkidu98
    40 posts

@slim5oh I've been playing since the start, not a single crash. I also haven't seen 'thousands of PC players' complaining about crashes.

I'm not saying they aren't, but when you don't have the data, please don't misrepresent your argument. Adding lies to hyperbole does no one any good.

Did you do the usual? Make sure all your video crad drivers, sound drivers, etc were all up to date? Did you try doing a 'cleaning' boot without loading all sorts of third party applications at the start and give things a go?

• flybyme
    156 posts

How does the OP know that thousands of people are complaining? What about the thousands of people who are not complaining and are successfully playing this game like myself. Only Ubisoft know how many people are complaining out of all of the people who have purchased this game.

• As1r0nimo
    162 posts

@rickidoo2010 Players with less than 10gb Vram see blurry textures even without HD pack. Consistent or not. Not all, but a lot of them. It has nothing to do with "variations of hardware". The texture streaming of DX12 render in this engine is broken. That's a fact. Even top tier guys with RTX 3090 can see that, due to Vram overused (2gb+ are as a buffer, which is not needed at all). The only reson they don't see blurry textures, because they have enough Vram to ignore bad rendering.
    Which is a [censored] programming in fact.
    @flybyme Yet player support forum contains over a thousand posts about bugs. Including combined posts, like texture bug (which has already got 800+ comments in it). And you do realise, that there players, that really thinks, that blurry crap texture on a gun is OK, right?

FC6 released in alpha state on PC. And almost release version on consoles. DX12 render was a mistake, obviously.

• rickidoo2010
    102 posts

@as1r0nimo Note that your explanation proves mine... some do, some don't. I'm not saying it isn't in the code; it is because its the code that is suppose to adopt and not the hardware. However, that doesn't change the fact that when a game is released, it goes out to eventually millions of machines each with their own unique configuration and permutations. I'm sure UBI soft is scrambling right now to catalog and identify the lowest hanging fruit for fixes and repairs. I'm truly sorry that some people are experiencing issues; and hope things will resolve for them to a positive place. But this is the nature of big game releases. Most issues will likely be resolved with a little time.

Just a tip to anyone reading this... I prebought FC 6 because all the FC's in the past have played well on my system(s)... so I banked FC 6 would... and it does. But I stopped buying other games before release to give the process time to stabilize. It's just the reality of games on PC's.

• Maxcorvtab
    1 posts

i tried to find yalena, lucky mama, espada... when u finish the game. after castilo died. where are they?

• slim5oh
    Original poster 5 posts

@enkidu98 You haven't seen it because you probably haven't been searching for solutions like I have. Before you accuse me of adding "lies", how about you take 10 seconds to do a few google searches for "Far Cry 6 crashing". Between Reddit, this forum, and various other forums across the web, you will see a ton of threads that sometimes go 200+ posts deep with folks having the same issues.

• Flanker1Six
    216 posts

I stopped playing FC 6 about a week ago due to the game hard locking my comp; crashing the OS; causing a reboot. And, the godawful respawning at multiple FND bases. There were a few other issues for me as well, but they are small potatoes compared to the crashes and respawning. Contentions the OP's claim there are NOT thousands of complaints are off base. Running any kind of search for "Far Cry 6 PC crash issues", or anything similar, bring up a host of links to articles, forums, etc on this topic.

Sure enough; some crash issues are likely caused by some gamers failing to properly maintain their rig in a good state of tune. Obviously many PC gamers are knowledgeable, dedicated, and are prideful of their rigs and do maintain them to a faretheewell. Given the untold number of PC hardware configs, I think expecting a patch/fix for the crash issue alone; in a two week time frame is a bit unrealistic; though it's understandably frustrating.

Ubi has proven itself to be a very poor (as in little to no feedback to complaints) forum/s communicator in regards to issues (PC and/or consoles) going back near 10 years. Could be Corporate Policy, or an unwillingness to hire enough staff (even if they're unpaid volunteers/mods) to handle complaints/issues in a timely fashion. Or, any combination of the preceding. Unless you're relatively new to Ubi and it's forums; this shouldn't be a surprise (though disappointing and frustrating for sure).

They also have an unenviable track record of releasing alleged AAA titles in a woeful state, and having to fix said titles with 6-10 patches over a period of months (or more). What I said about being new to Ubi fourms? Same, Same on this issue.

Suggested Topics