Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• d-warrior
    Original poster 15 posts

When this sword is equipped (in the right hand I have not tried the left) it causes the sheath for the two handed weapons to appear on Eivor's back.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    839 posts

@d-warrior

had to look up what this was - didn't realise there were rewards in the tour!

• Max18400
    410 posts

Not sure if it's just me or not, but whenever I equip the new Bedale-Gilling Sword on xbox one, I get the weapon holders on Eivor's back showing up. I don't have any two handers equipped either. I've tested this with the actual weapon and with a reskin.
    It doesn't break the game, but is an eyesore

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1181 posts

Hey @d-warrior

Thanks for the report. Would you be able to record a video clip of this and upload it online to somewhere we can view it like YouTube, then send us a link to view this? 

We can then forward it on to the relevant teams to look into this and find out if it's intended or not.

Please also give it a test in the other hand if you can and let us know what happens there too.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1383 posts

@max18400 Hey! Thank you for reporting this bug with the Bedale-Gilling Sword. So we can investigate this further can you please provide a video or screenshot showing this issue.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • renatovolpi
    2 posts

The new item form Discovery Tour, Bedale-Gilling Sword, when equipped, Makes the weapon holders on Eivor's back show up, and being a one-handed sword, this shouldn't happen.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1383 posts

@renatovolpi Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about the Bedale-Gilling Sword. Would you be able to provide us with a video showing this happening?

That way we can pass it on to the dev team for further investigation.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • renatovolpi
    2 posts

@ubi-viral Here is a picture of the bug, as you can see, even without any other equipment, when equipping the sword, the weapon holders on Eivor's back appear.

I've seen others complain about the same problem here, even on other platforms, i imagine it's a bug from the Discovery Tour update.

• pg0069
    1 posts

Seen a couple more people report already, but ya I can also confirm I'm having the same issue on PS5. It happens on both sides and if you choose to use the look of the sword for dual wielding it makes two 2hander sword sheaths show up on your back.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey all,

I've just merged some threads on this topic so you can follow just one for any updates. Thanks for the image @renatovolpi, I'll forward this on to the game team to report this. If they have any further questions, we'll let you know.

Official Response
  • joneri123
    1 posts

(PS4) Equipping onehanded swords causes dual heavy-weapon holster to appear on back. Happens with the Bedale-Gilling Sword.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @joneri123

Thanks for the report. I have merged your thread with this one, as this is something I have already reported to the game team.

Official Response
  • M04alka
    1 posts

@ubi-viral

Hello! Here is the steps for this issue and video with screenshots!

Wehen player equip Bedale-Gilling Sword the two handed sheath appear on players back even that the Bedale-Gilling Sword is a one handed weapon.
    Issues appear on both weapon slots. Also please notice that issue is not appear with other one handed swords.
    Please have a look at the video for more info

Steps to reproduce

1. Boot the game Assassins Creed Valhalla
    2. Start the Discovery Tour Viking Age
    3. Complete Discovery Tour Viking Age
    4. Return back to Assassins Creed Valhalla
    5. Receive the Bedale-Gilling Sword as the reward
    6. Equip Bedale-Gilling Sword
    7. Observe the sheath from two handed weapons

Screenshots

Suggested Topics