ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @knechtodawas! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your save data after encountering this Snowshoe-52662BB9 error. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, as well as what troubleshooting steps you've tried and that you've been able to recover one of your local save files.

To my knowledge, I'm not sure if you can use a .char.save file from another user. We would advise against using the local saves of another player, as this could potentially cause additional issues. Would you be able to provide us with the following information, so we can pass this along to the dedicated teams for further investigation:

• Which platform do you use (PC/PlayStation/Xbox)?
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console?
    • What were you doing before this error occured?
    • Did this error occur during co-op play? If so, did your partner also receive the error code?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried, if any?
    • Are you able to send us a screenshot of the error message? I'd recommend uploading your image to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • knechtodawas
    8 posts

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to answer your questions:

• Which platform do you use (PC/PlayStation/Xbox)?

PC

• Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console?

-

• What were you doing before this error occured?

I just played, my hard disk ran full and my savegames got corrupted.

• Did this error occur during co-op play? If so, did your partner also receive the error code?

No co-op, just singleplayer.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried, if any?

As described above.

However I was able to continue playing with a fresh character as only my char file was affected not the savegame itself. But this led to another issue:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/116317/mission-dead-drop-not-triggering?lang=en-US

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@knechtodawas Thank you for providing this information! I have gone ahead and added your information to the investigation.

Official Response
  • AndrewYamm4
    3 posts

@ubisushivamp Помогите решить проблему при нажатии продолжить игру, выходит ошибка Snowshoe-52662BB9. Вы нашли решение этой проблемы ? Дело в том, что у меня 56 часов в игре проведено.

• MortusPL
    1 posts

Witam ,
    od jakieś czasy nie mogę kontynuować gry,
    Gra uruchamia się normalnie, po wybraniu opcji "kontunuuj grę" gra zaczyna się łądować , a po chwili pokazuje się komuniakat:
    "Uwaga. Ukończ operację "rób lub giń", aby uzyskać dostęp do elemntów online. Przeniesiono cię do menu głównego. Nastąpił powrót do menu głównego. Uwaga!: Snowshoe - 52662BB9"

i jak powyżej gra wraca do menu głownego. ponowne zainstalowanie gry nie pomogło. W dalszym ciągu nie mogę kontunuować gry.

Proszę o pomoc w rozwiązniu problemu.
    Dziękuję.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @AndrewYamm4 & @MortusPL! Welcome to the forums 🙂

You're currently within the English Player Support forums. Would you be able to offer us a translation of your posts?

Alternatively, if you'd like to receive support in your preferred language, I'd recommend opening up a support ticket. A member of your regional team will contact you as soon as they are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AdelphiFifa
    5 posts

Hello,

This morning I attempted to boot my save file and was able to do so successfully. However, after under a minute of play I received a repeated prompt to return to the main menu and a subsequent error message (Granite-2000000). Having checked the support forums I understood this error may be due to lack of hard drive space, so I checked my disk and was indeed down to ~1GB free space. I have since cleared space (now ~80GB available), verified game files and completed the other troubleshooting steps, but attempting to load the save file now gives a Snowshoe-52662BB9 error (see attached image). Furthermore, the save no longer appears in the list of current saves from the New Game option, and the save file itself appears to have changed to 1KB in size in the save data location on the hard disk.

I have attempted to submit this as a support ticket but the "Submit My Case" option on the Contact Us page becomes unavailable when I select the Technical Issues field, and the Start Chat option is also listed as currently unavailable.

Please advise on recovering the save, as I have about 41 hours in this save and no desire to start a new one.

Thanks.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 717 posts

Hello @AdelphiFifa Thank you so much for that screenshot, and for all of that information that you provided as well. I am sorry to hear that you continue to get that error as well, and that you're unable to even open a ticket with us! Are you getting the same result when you attempt to open a chat or submit that ticket by using either a different browser or device?

Official Response
  • AdelphiFifa
    5 posts

Thanks for the response @UbiStorm . I'm unable to reach another device at the moment, but the support ticket issue appears the same on other browsers. Here's what the submit portion looks like by default (all screenshots from Chrome):

Note the chat option is already greyed out. After specifying Technical Issues in the third dropdown box - 

the Submit My Case option disappears entirely.

Are you able to open a ticket internally with the information I provided? I'm more interested in resolving the Snowshoe error if possible and don't want to derail this thread for others with a separate issue.

Thanks!

• AndrewYamm4
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Help solve the problem when you click to continue the game, you get error Snowshoe-52662BB9. Have you found a solution to this problem? The fact is that I have played 56 hours in the game.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3351 posts

Hey there, @adelphififa , thanks for sending those screenshots across to us. At the moment, we've got reduced availability for support tickets, but they can still be opened by contacting us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM. That said, in this instance, I can see our teams have everything we need already to get this investigated, so while I appreciate you are eager to have this fixed and send over your data to help with that, it's not something we'll need at this time. We'll certainly update yourself and other players here in the forum thread if that changes (and we can open support tickets on your behalf for the purposes of collecting specific files, if it comes to that). Thanks again!

I really appreciate you reaching out too, @AndrewYamm4 - I'm sorry to hear you are facing this same Snowshoe-52662BB9 error. I can see our teams are currently investigating, and we've got no updates quite yet, but we'll be in touch ASAP as soon as we have information to report. Let me know if you've any questions in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Thrupney

Hey everyone,

I'm pleased to share a quick update that the Snowshoe-52662BB9 issue players have noted when trying to load save files should be resolved with today's update (full patch notes are here).

If you had been facing this Snowshoe-52662BB9 error, please now once again try to load your save file. If it still doesn't work, please make sure to verify your game files and update your Windows install, steps you'll find listed in our troubleshoot guide. If it still doesn't work, please let me know - in that case, it'd be great to have a full description of what happens when you try to load the save, with the error code if there is one, and screenshots showing the error.

Just to reiterate once again, the issue should be resolved with today's update, so I'm confident you'll be able to load your saves. Let me know if there's any questions at all.

Official Response
  • CyMeNL2706
    1 posts

When starting Far Cry 6 game the game informs me the local game files are no in sync, giving me options to chose the local save game or the cloud save. 

When I chose the cloud save I get an error message notifying me there is a problem getting my latest save game from the cloud and I am unable to start the game.

When I chose 'Local save game' the game starts up but when I enter my saved game I get an error message there is no save game detected - Snowhoe - 52662BB9. 

To solve this I have taken the following steps: 
    -Updated game today.
    -System does meet minimum requierments 
    -Windows has been updated.
    -Started game with admin rights.
    -Verified game files through Connect
    -Updated graphics drivers
    -Tried with Admin rights
    -Tried with Safe Online disabled

I am able to provide the he MSinfo, DXDIAG files as well as screenshots of the start-up sequence and error message

I hope you'll be able to save my save game.

Many thanks in advance.

• AdelphiFifa
    5 posts

Thanks for the update @Ubi-Thrupney .

Unfortunately I still seem to have the same issue after updating the game and verifying the game files. Attempting to click "Continue Game" simply returns a black loading screen for a few seconds followed by the error in the below screenshot, it's the same error code from before but a slightly different error message.

I am hoping it hasn't erased the save entirely but it seems to be unable to detect a save file and as aforementioned the save file on the hard disk changed to 1KB in size after the first time I got the error. Is there a way to restore an older pre-error save from the cloud, short of starting a new save? My save file no longer seems to be available locally.

• AndrewYamm4
    3 posts

@AdelphiFifa i have exactly the same problem

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks @adelphififa and @AndrewYamm4 for letting me know that you're still not able to load your saves. Thanks in particular to @AdelphiFifa for this screenshot, and a thorough explanation of what's happening - I really appreciate that.

Can you both see what saves are available to download from the cloud at the moment? This support article shows how to go about that. If no launchable save is available, please let me know - I'll reach out to our teams to get some specifics on how our fix should be manifesting for you on your end.

Official Response
  • AdelphiFifa
    5 posts

@Ubi-Thrupney Thanks for the response - according to the game there are no saves available on the cloud.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting us know there are on save files available for you on the cloud, @AdelphiFifa. I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering this issue. I've reopened the investigation into this error code with the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

To help with the investigation, it would be great to have a video which shows the following:

• What happens when you try to load your save (such as the Snowshoe error pop-up appearing).
    • That there are no saves available for you on the Cloud.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the reopened investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AdelphiFifa
    5 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Can do. Here is a link to a short video showing the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kr8gU5SIuCw-3Sr9FxaIi2jB-Z8rybpz/edit: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kr8gU5SIuCw-3Sr9FxaIi2jB-Z8rybpz/edit)

To recap:

• Issue began due to launching save file while hard disk was very low on, or out of, space.
    • Doing so loaded the save, but forced a quit to menu after less than a minute with a repeatedly popping up in-game "return to menu" prompt.
    • Upon return to menu, error message Granite-2000000 was shown.
    • After clearing space, launching the save again returned a Snowshoe-52662BB9 error with an error message (see my first screenshot in the thread).
    • The save file itself was now missing locally and no cloud saves were available to download.
    • Most recent update changed the content of the error message slightly (see most recent screenshot, and video), but the problem persists as described.

Troubleshooting steps have been taken (game reinstalled, Windows and drivers updated, files verified) with no effect on the error.

Hope this helps, thanks in advance.

• sfpeter68
    1 posts

I've been playing the game for awhile, the past week I started getting freezes mid-game, enough it was annoying, but I could always continue. Last night I updated my video card (RTX 3070) drivers to see if that would help. This evening I got home after work, my computer had been on but nothing was running, however it looked like it had rebooted and I was getting some odd messages about my Google drive being full. I started the game and it gave a "Do you really want to exit to the main menu" with the only option it would take being no. Next was unable to sync my game with the cloud, and finally Ubiosoft Connect tried to update but said there was no disk space. Sure enough, my SSD boot drive was full.

I downloaded WinDirStat and there was a 265GB (!!!!) debug.log file. I know nothing can read something like that, but how/where/why was Ubisoft able to generate that? I always install games on a mechanical hard drive to avoid filling up my boot drive, so this was from Ubisoft Connect, not the game itself.

I had no choice but to delete the log, and that was the only file I deleted.....and now I get the "no save game" detected message with Snowshoe-52662BB9

I've verified the files and checked my Internet connection, still nothing.

Is there anyway I can get back to my game? I was "only" 35 hours and 67% in, so I'm feeling like unless there's a fix to permanently delete Ubisoft and all their games and never look back.

Suggested Topics