ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Solved [RESOLVED] Haptic Feedback and Vibrations for PS5 Dualsense Controllers is not working | POST HERE

0 Likes/68 Replies/6489 Views
    KA.SENG
    9 posts

This is a video I made. A solution for PS5 controller no vibration in FarCry 6.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

@ka-seng ubisoft is the one who needs to get in touch with sony, theres nothing wrong with his controller, far cry 6 on PC needs to be patched to fix this problem everyone is having

And it seems is affecting PS5 console too

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

@skrzypco0 interesting so vibration in not working on both PC and PS5, great job ubisoft, one week and not a single update released until now

• FinessSzabi
    2 posts

@jillyjames7 Same issue here! Win10. Triggers work, haptics don't. Tried everything...

• KA.SENG
    9 posts

Solution for PS5 DualSense controller no vibration

• KA.SENG
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • gonsnakexx
    6 posts

@ka-seng Are you kidding me? The vibration works perfectly in every single game that I have. Its your damn game the problem.

What a [censored] joke a company

• KA.SENG
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • KA.SENG
    9 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2768 posts

Hello @ka-seng,

Thank you for sharing! We're glad that this issue has been resolved for you.

Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I've merged together several similar threads about there being no haptic feedback or vibrations when using the PS5 DualSense controller. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all updates and information from an investigation in an easy-to-find place. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

Thank you for sharing your reports with us! The development team have been investigating this further and will be deploying a fix in a future update! Once we have more details to share, these will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • jotarodazpa
    46 posts

@ka-seng that "fix" does not work! But thanks for sharing anyway.

@Ubi-Borealis thats great news!

And what about these issues?

-HD Textures ON causes stutters: 10fps stutters when acessing new areas, driving, etc, if i turn off hd texture i get small hitching (im using 16GB VRAM GPU)
    -Random crashes: the game crashed a few times already randomly and i end up loosing progress on some missions
    -VRAM usage bar not correct: the amount of VRAM in use in the bar is not right (digital foundry confirmed this)
    -Gsync OFF causes artifacts: if i turn off gsync the game gets crazy, textures not loading, shadows flickering, etc 
    -Low GPU/CPU usage: the game is single threaded, only 1 core is 90%-100% used, the other cores are at 30-60%. Same for the GPU only used 60%-70%

And not forgetting the folks with the blurry textures, and picking up an item stutter...!

Im wondering if maybe denuvo is not the cause of some problems?

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-village-drm-denuvo-stuttering/

• Infinikill75
    4 posts

@ka-seng I'd like to try your fix... but Windows has never actually identified my dualsense controller by name as you show in the sound settings. It is always listed as a generic "wireless controller" and doesn't have any of the options you show. Really curious how you got windows to recognize the controller that way so I can try your fix... Every guide I've read on how to use dualsense on PC says it will just appear as "wireless controller" and that has been my experience as well.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@jotarodazpa - I would recommend checking out the forums to see if we have any ongoing threads for the other issues you have reported. If you are unable to find a thread with the issue you're encountering, please open up a new thread so our team can investigate further. This will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread about haptic feedback and vibrations for the PS5 DualSense controller.

@Infinikill75 - I'm sorry to hear that you're missing haptic feedback and vibrations with your DualSense controller. We don't yet have any updates to share regarding when the fix for this issue is to be released. Please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forums for further details.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Tomas_Jari
    7 posts

Same here. Any news about not working vibrations on dualsense please?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Tomas_Jari!

The development team has been looking into why haptic feedback and vibrations haven't been working when using a DualSense controller on PC, and they will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this update will be released. Rest assured that once we have more details, they will be posted within the News & Announcements forum, so please check here regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Skrzypco0
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

What about PS5? I play on ps5 and also got same problem with haptic...
    DISC VERSION... I didn't saw any other ppl with that problem on PS5... only on PC's.
    So what with me now? There was new update about 500mb and still got this problem.
    That's rly annoying cuz haptic gives 1000x more fun from plaing games... When u can fill
    everything, walking, swimming, running, flying etc. but not here...
    All other games uses that function.
    FC6 is a game that I will finish w/o haptic.
    I play in Far Cry series from Far Cry 2 and I rly love that game.
    I'm rly disappointed on ur team becouse when I finish that game I'm sure I won't back
    just like every Far Cry before and probably I will not experience haptics in this game before I finish that game...
    Becouse of that little but big problem I feel like I waste my money... I bought Ultimate version :/.
    That was last time when I bought ur game after release.
    Now I will wait for sails even for three or more years. Meaby after that time u fix ur next game.

So Ubisoft I did play a lot of ur games but never got so disappointed on u...
    First game on PS5 that I bought and haptic sucks...
    Good Luck in future I think u should be all time in touch with SONY and that should be ur FIRST thing u gonna do.
    Repair haptics becouse that function gives most fun in games. We got XXI century.. 2021 YEAR!!!!

I'm sure u gonna fix that on PC first hahaha. PS5 MUST WAIT xDDD

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Skrzypco0!

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been experiencing haptic feedback and vibrations when playing on PS5, and that this has impacted your experience when playing Far Cry 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us.

Please note that the only update that has been released on PS5 for Far Cry 6 so far was a hot fix, which didn't include any fixes for haptic feedback or vibration on PS5. I apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused by this.

Would you be able to let us know if you have two controllers connected to your console when playing Far Cry 6? If so, please can you try disconnecting your second controller and restarting the game? This should restore the haptic feedback and vibration for your main controller.

If the issue still persists after trying this step, would you be able to let us know if you use a wireless or a wired connection? If you use wireless, can you let us know if you're able to experience haptic feedback and vibrations when using a wired controller?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Skrzypco0
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

One controller is connected. Both connections wired and wireless same problem.
    I don't play until u fix that. Hope you can solve this problem asap.

• AmberSplash
    1 posts

I have a problem with the haptic on my ps5 with both valhalla and watch dogs legion neither one of them works. No vibration neither but all my other games are fine. Looking forward to the fix I just can't play without them it feels weird.

Suggested Topics