Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chach_QOG
    Original poster 2 posts

The game could use a few more player slots, few more loadout slots, and bigger inventory and stash space.

One of best part of this game is mixing and matching loadouts and trying new things, there is just not enough space for that. Maybe adding more player slots will at least allow for this. This game is a lot of fun doing 1-40 and exploring, but deleting a character to start again is not fun.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WalkinTarget1
    31 posts

@chach_qog They already added 4 more loadouts and upped the stash space to 300 and I think the inventory usta be 100. So yea, it USED to be even worse. To be honest, I think we are fine where we are.

And to answer your question before you ask me - I have 2 Ubi accounts, 8 chars (4 on each) and 128 loadouts (16x8) and I STILL have a full stash (295/300) and inventory (140+/150) on all of those chars. Do I need MOAR SPACE !??! !HELL NO. Do I want to delete 20 max rolled weapons and numerous duplicate exotics ? Not really, but that's where we are.

• Noxious81
    391 posts
    The game could use a few more player slots, few more loadout slots, and bigger inventory and stash space.

As already mentioned, we have already seen an increase in both stash and inventory size. And since further increasing both spaces would consume too much processing power on both server and client side (simply put), this will most probably bot happen again.

One of best part of this game is mixing and matching loadouts and trying new things, there is just not enough space for that. (...)

Agreed on the first part. Creating builds and loadouts is a lot of fun and still a huge source of motivation for me. But believe me – there is enough space for that! After more than 3,000 hours in the game and with 3 level 40 characters with 16 builds each I can reassure you that there is enough space. I even used my fourth character slot for a hardcore character which I probably haven't played for months, and still I do have enough space for all my unused items and my builds.

Especially newer agents often struggle with inventory management, as they do not know which items are worth being kept and which are not. Thus overcrowding their inventory and stash. Also a lot of players waste way too much time and energy with sorting tons of loot only after having played for several hours. By using the features of looting as junk or directly dismantling items instead of picking them up, you can save a) a lot of time and b) a lot of inventory space.

I'd really recommend only keeping items with veeeeery good rolls (close to max or maxed out) or with rare combinations of attributes (e. g. a Belstone mask with CHC and CHD so that you could recalibrate the main attribute from Armor to WD) – and looting the rest as junk (in order to eventually be sold with only one click) or dismantling it right away.

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts

You guys are funny. On one hand, you’re saying there’s plenty of gear storage, on the other, you’re saying you all use multiple characters to store your stuff. LOL. If you need multiple characters to store your stuff, but only play one, then that’s really a statement that there’s not enough storage per character.

• WalkinTarget1
    31 posts
    If you need multiple characters to store your stuff, but only play one

Pardon moi ?!? Where did you get that conclusion from ?? I play EVERY SINGLE ONE of my 8 chars across 2 Ubi accounts. I have plenty of forum members who can vouch for this. You will not catch me running the same loadout on the next night as the one I ran the night before. If you want to see how often I juggle builds, you can join me in-game (same name as my username here). Most of those builds are 85% roles or higher on all gear - I've been grinding since day 1, so you really are jumping to conclusions with your comment.

I still don't see your point. We already mentioned a stash increase, and if I can make a go of it with 16 characters and 128 (!!!) loadouts, then the stash space is ENTIRELY ADEQUATE. What am I missing here ?! I think I have pointed out why the given space is adequate. Care to counter that ?

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts

@walkintarget1

A lot of players use multiple characters as a work-around for not having enough storage space. Maybe you're not one of them, but there are a lot out there that do. I think for those that use multiple characters to store all their stuff, it's disingenuous to say that storage isn't a problem. You shouldn't need to create multiple characters just to store more stuff... they should just add stash capacity.
    But who cares really?... this is minor in the grand scheme.

• dagrommit
    673 posts

Yannick explained awhile ago that a latency issue means they won't be increasing inventory/stash space any further. By "latency", I think he's referring to the responsiveness of the interface when you bring it up. Remember that the game runs on last-gen consoles, which use 2013-era laptop equivalent CPU's

• Noxious81
    391 posts
    (...) If you need multiple characters to store your stuff, but only play one, (...)

As WalkinTarget already said, that's completely not what I wrote. I regularly play every of my three characters. They are all for playing, not for storing. Everything I need to store is inside the stash (and probably still a bit more).

I actually like not having all 48 loadouts and 450 inventory slots on only one character. Because it would take me ages to for example just find another AR I want to equip instead of the one I have saved within a loadout. The inventory would be so damn crowded that it would be rather cumbersome to use. And having to load 450 items each time I open the inventory would definitely not result in a fast responding and quickly operatable inventory, especially not in an online game.

• WalkinTarget1
    31 posts

@virtual-chris Dude, its a free country. If people want to use their extra chars as mules, I don't see a problem with that. Any reason why it bothers you personally ?

@Noxious81 ^5. I like you. Need to add you to my friends list. You also sound like a kindred spirit (I am the poster boy for build diversity).

• Chach_QOG
    Original poster 2 posts

To put things into perspective, I have SHD of almost 5000, I play a lot and I experiment a lot with builds. I have very few items that are not maxed out. All 4 characters are 40, with inventory 140+ items and stash of 290/300. Stash items are mostly max rolled. I like having loadouts for different style of play, so deleting them defeats the purpose of quickly switching to a set.

That said, I am even willing to pay for an extra slot or two and extra loadouts and stash. Maybe as a DLC. So this doesn't have to be for everyone, but for people who really need it and are wiling to "throw money at the problem". One can hope.

• Virtual-Chris
    671 posts
    @virtual-chris Dude, its a free country. If people want to use their extra chars as mules, I don't see a problem with that. Any reason why it bothers you personally ?

@Noxious81 ^5. I like you. Need to add you to my friends list. You also sound like a kindred spirit (I am the poster boy for build diversity).

Of course I have no problem at all with using multiple characters to store stuff, what I found interesting was people dismissing the need for more storage who use multiple characters as a work around to extend their storage. I find that somewhat hypocritical.

A work around is, by definition, not the ideal solution… right?

Now, if no one here is actually in this camp, then my apologies. But there certainly are many players out there that use characters as added gear storage that shouldn’t have to.

• Noxious81
    391 posts
    (...) @Noxious81 ^5. I like you. Need to add you to my friends list. You also sound like a kindred spirit (I am the poster boy for build diversity).

Thanks, dude. But read through my other posts before praising me too much 😉 ... anyway: appreciated!

• Noxious81
    391 posts
    (...) Now, if no one here is actually in this camp, then my apologies. But there certainly are many players out there that use characters as added gear storage that shouldn’t have to.

You don't need to apologize for bringing in your ideas or concerns. I can only speak from my perspective, but I'd say that noone wants to silence you, as its always a good thing to discuss other players' perspectives and experiences.

In this case it's just that I think the underlying issue is not the limited storage space, but rather that some people tend to keep too many items. And this already starts when either just picking an item up – or quickly checking it beforehand in order to either keep it, dismantle it right away, or mark it as junk.

Of course it's just my perspective again, but I'd say that some people could enjoy the game more, if they kept less items (and only the reeeeeelly good ones) by thus reducing the time spent inside the inventory or the stash. Both while cleaning up the hot mess and trying to figure out what items to actually keep. Especially as loot in this game is anything but scarce. You can basically re-farm any 60% or even 70% item (speaking of overall average rolls) pretty quickly, so I'd just not bother storing or even picking up such items.

Suggested Topics