Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• XMdead
    Original poster 92 posts

At one point I found the text chat settings and changed something that I thought would let me see chat outside of safehouses, but instead it seems that it enabled some kind of worldwide chat across servers so I now get mostly ideogram symbols that are meaningless to me instead of letters. And I can't find the setting again to turn it off.

Also I have several questions:

CHAT

• My ideal settings would be to see anything posted in the area I am in, or at least "just the server I am in", but more than just the safehouse and team. Is that possible?
    • What settings (full path through the settings menus) should I set to get as close as feasible to my goal?

CALL FOR BACKUP

• At my current stage of gear and skill I normally play solo on Challenging (often boosting control points to Heroic) and love Heroic missions when playing with a partner. I would love to receive calls for backup ONLY for Heroic (even better if it is Heroic Missions). But lately most calls for backup are for Story missions or worse... from people still at the White House or safehouses... which I promptly ignore.
    • Are there settings to specify what kinds of calls for backups I want to be notified about? If yes, where?
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• the_Kettle
    140 posts

Regarding chat:
    There's currently no way to limit the local area chat to just your language or region. You can mute the channels entirely by opening the chat, right-clicking (on PC at least) on the channel name and selecting 'mute' from the options. There's possibly another option though, if you don't want to mute them entirely: I noticed recently that the vast majority of the Chinese chat was actually just a few accounts repeatedly spamming the same messages every few seconds (presumably advertising hacks or something) - you can right-click on their names in the chat and mute them individually though, which will reduce the messages to a much better level.

Regarding shepherding:
    I'm fairly sure that currently the only filter you can apply to calls for backup notifications is to choose between 'all players', 'friends and clanmates only' or 'noone at all'. You can visually filter using the SHD map as you've presumably noticed, which will show you where the player is calling from and if they're endgame (orange icon) or story mode (blue icon). It is perhaps worth noting that opening that SHD map when you get a call for backup will actually show all recent calls on your map, so if the first isn't your thing, scroll around a bit and see if there are any others. That map only refreshes every few minutes though, so calls can easily expire in that time. It will also only show you calls in your local area (eg if in DC,you'll see all in the main DC map but none in NY or offsite locations like the Summit). You can increase your chances of finding a call and the area it checks in by using the Matchmaking 'answer the call' option, but that will give you no choice over when or what calls you answer.

There's definitely a lot of room for improvement in both these systems and they do regularly appear in feature request threads, but only time will tell if those wishes will ever be granted.

• hralex1951
    58 posts

Do match making and you can pick the mission.

• Noxious81
    385 posts
    (...) I would love to receive calls for backup ONLY for Heroic (even better if it is Heroic Missions). (...)

I translate this as "I'd love to play heroic missions with others via MM." – and in this case I'd suggest either just venturing to your desired mission and activating MM from the mission's tab. This was you will have other agents join your session/team/mission.

Or go to the mega map, navigate to the respective matchmaking tab here and select your desired activity, for example missions. Then choose heroic as your difficulty and you will soon receive an invitation to a random heroic mission from another group looking for agents.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics