ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• aKawaiiLizard
    Original poster 3 posts

I am not sure if this is my audio drivers or the game but audio during cutscene dialogue is randomly cutting out like on the last sentence in the cutscene

posting here to see if anyone else is noticing an issue

PC Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core 4.2 GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Super w/ 6 GB VRAM

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into missing audio / sounds in-game on PC. The dedicated teams have been looking into this further. They have been unable to reproduce this issue when carrying out testing following recent game updates. As this issue can no longer be reproduced in-game, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."

If you are still missing any audio / sounds in-game, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What is your audio set-up (Speakers / Headset etc)?
    • The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards.
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all?
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random?
    • Are you playing in solo mode or co-op mode when the audio disappears?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at. We can then forward these reports to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ciaossu-
    29 posts

@akawaiilizard same here, t

• piZtol-A
    2 posts

@akawaiilizardhave you fixed it? i have the same problem

• piZtol-A
    2 posts

someone else having problem with sound? its cutting all the time! please help! 🙂

• BovineDeath
    3 posts

I am playing FC6 with a GeForce 3090 via an LG C1 TV and have no audio at all. System sounds work, other games work, but FC6 is completely silent. Tried restarting PC, disabled on-board audio (so HDMI is the only audio output).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there @BovineDeath! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing audio whilst playing Far Cry 6 on PC. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what troubleshooting you've tried already.

Can you please try all of the steps provided on this audio troubleshooting support article? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind audio issues, such as missing sounds.

If the issue persists, would you be able to provide us with some more information? This will help us to investigate further:

• What is your current audio set-up? Do you use speakers or a headset? Can you also let us know the make/model of the speakers/headset you use?
    • Have you been able to try an alternative audio output? For instance, if you use speakers, have you been able to test using a headset?
    • Can you please send us a video which shows your current in-game audio settings, as well as the missing audio in-game? This will be helpful for understanding your personal configurations.

I recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RegulationB
    1 posts

@bovinedeath I had this issue as well. The initial menu had sounds then as soon as the game started all sounds went away. When I went into my sound settings I noticed my headset had one device for playback and one device for microphone even though they were the same headset. Once I marked the headset that I use for audio to do both playback and microphone the audio started working in-game. I have never experienced this issue with any other game.

• BovineDeath
    3 posts

Hi. Thanks for the help guys. I went back earlier and actually disabled Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output as well as the Realtek Digital Output, and the sound works now.

• BovineDeath
    3 posts

@bovinedeath And... It's gone again.

• Samrinho
    5 posts

this needs attention asap, I've got this as well

• FallenActual
    4 posts

Just like the title states for some reason you can't play this game using surround sound as it cut's out the audio for player and NPC voices, was real off putting in the opening of the game since I couldn't hear any of the voices in the intro cutscene and wasn't able to narrow do the issue till I appeared on the island after the boat cutscene ended, but it seems this game doesn't properly support "surround sound" or "stereo surround sound". Will this be fixed soon as playing in stereo is not normal for me and I have see quite a few posts regarding player and NPC audio issues on pc which are likely due to being played in surround sound

• GT-ASH
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • akarnokd
    10 posts

I had many cutscenes skip audio on dialogues (the boat scene, the first guerilla camp).

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Hi there @piztol-a, I'm sorry to hear that your sound is cutting out. Could you please let me know if this occurring after a specific action, or during specific points in your game? Also, please give this troubleshooting article a try to see if it helps. Thanks!

Official Response
  • mrsleep0000
    29 posts

Been seeing this issue too, in the middle of a sentence it just cuts out.
    All other sounds are playing fine, just dialog is gone.

• Gneen
    2 posts

This for PC:
    1) In new game, no audible dialog during intro scene (speech/etc)
    2) In opening scene (char selection, roof/sewer run) the audible dialog is lagging the video and the sub-titles by several (10-15) seconds
    3) this lag continues after boat ride and on opening shore ... I haven't played further since this problem makes it unplayable for me
    4) problem persists when checkpoint or save is loaded

I use CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) Bluetooth to drive my headphones ... my audio works fine with other games/apps. No alternative audio options.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello @gneen thank you for your post and welcome to the Far Cry 6 forums.

We have been made aware of some missing audio or lagging audio when it comes to dialogue in some of the beginning of the game cutscenes.

Are you able to capture a quick 1 minute or less video of this when it happens with a tool such as Xbox Gamebar on Windows 10, then post a link in the forum for us to view/hear this?

Official Response
  • bonoisu2
    2 posts

Booted up for the first time playing after fresh install on PC. The dialog audio during the opening cutscenes and gameplay sounds like it is in a tin can. It is delayed from the characters speaking, and the audio level is so low compared to the main sound, you cannot hear anything said during the scenes. I have seen a couple other reports but no solution.

• GoldGloveTV
    2 posts

So as soon as I boot Far Cry 6, audio on my entire system starts cutting out. Not just the game audio. Music on Spotify, Discord chat, etc. As soon as the game is closed, it goes back to normal. I checked every thread, help guide, etc. Still can't figure out why Far Cry would be causing this issue. Game is unplayable with how often it's cutting out the audio. Everything I've tried hasn't worked. Any help would be super appreciated on this.

• FallenActual
    4 posts

@ubi-milky hey there milky I've been scouring the forms seeing people post audio issues like this I experienced it at the beginning and later found out I could hear when turning off DTS (surround sound on my headphones) it may be an issue with the game not picking up voices when in surround sound as going to stereo sadly resolved it for me.

Suggested Topics