ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LMAOfaz
    1 posts

I have been not able to hear most voice lines in game. I have tried to verify the game files multiple times and it didn't fix it. I don't know what else to do.

• andrewbell63
    1 posts

Howdy - posting here even though I'm on PC because the PC audio troubleshooting link seems to have a 403 error. My game's dialogue for Dani and certain other NPCs became very, very quiet after this week's update. I've checked all sound settings and verified my install.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/114189/pc-missing-audio-sounds-in-game-post-here/1?lang=en-GB

• infinitium
    2 posts

@christophermcne I have the same problem as you. No sound at all. Attempting to Verify files now. Hope that works.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are missing your in-game audio following the recent hot fix. Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us.

If you haven't already, please can you ensure that you try these basic troubleshooting steps for PC. In particular, some players have reported that verifying their game files has helped to resolve the issue. Additionally, I would recommend trying these basic audio troubleshooting steps, as they help to tackle a number of common causes behind missing audio in-game.

If you are still encountering missing audio after trying these troubleshooting steps, we would like you to provide us with some more information so we can investigate this issue further. Please can you provide us with the following:

• What is your audio set-up (Speakers / Headset etc)?
    • The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards.
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all?
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random?
    • Are you playing in solo mode or co-op mode when the audio disappears?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

@christophermcne, @Ridley600, @JustXcalibur, @LMAOfaz, @infinitium - Have you been able to try all of the suggested troubleshooting steps? If so, please can you provide us with all of the requested information? This will allow us to investigate further.

@andrewbell63 - I've moved your post to our ongoing audio thread for PC, and I've also updated the link I provided in my other post. I apologise for any inconvenience that was caused.

Have you been able to try all of the troubleshooting steps provided above? If so, would you be able to provide us with some more information about the suddenly quiet dialogue you've encountered in-game? This will help us to take a closer look at the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JustXcalibur
    3 posts

After I validated the files, and after redownloading 500 MB worth of damaged files, my sound is back.
    I can´t say for sure, because I was only in the main menu, but it is a good step forward.

I feel a little bit dumb for not finding the "validate files"-button before 😐

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing an update with us, @JustXcalibur! I'm glad to hear that your sound has returned 😄

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further trouble in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DonDarra
    1 posts

Dialogue is barely hearable in the cutscenes and dialogue of the main character during the game.

@ubi-borealis

• The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards.
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all?
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

4.1 Sound system. Nommo Pro 2.1 and Nommo Chroma as rear speakers.
    Disabled all enhancements
    run as administrator
    Dialogue is barely hearable in the cutscenes and from the main character during the game
    Solo
    https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/q50yl1/muffled_audio_issue/

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @DonDarra! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I apologise for my delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for including a video.

Before we forward this report to the development team for further investigation, would you be able to provide us with some more information? This information will be useful for the development team as they take a closer look at this issue.

• Has the dialogue in-game always been muffled? Or did it become muffled following a game / system update?
    • Is all dialogue affected by this issue (such as dialogue spoken whilst exploring Yara), or only dialogue during cutscenes affected?
    • Would you be able to send us some images or a video that shows your current in-game audio settings? In particular, it would be useful to see your "Volume," "Interface and Language," and "Communication" settings.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HanFred
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • HanFred
    7 posts

@bovinedeath Similar problem (and setup) here (apart from the game not even launching after the recent update). If I set the game to 120 FPS, I have no audio at all. At 60 FPS, the sound is there though. Curious. Also, sounds go missing after a few hours of playing, which is also weird. A restart fixes this.
    LG CX
    Ryzen 5900X
    RTX 3090
    Logitech Z5500 Digital (old but works just fine)
    Audio output via HDMI
    Drivers and OS are up to date

• Andrew.Russell
    4 posts

@hanfred Same problem. Ryzon5 3600XT, PNY GeForce RTX 3080, etc. If audio is playing in the background in another app (Youtube, iTunes, Windows media Player classic, etc) the audio from them stops as soon as FC Launches. I've ensured that "English" dialog is selected in UBI COnnect. I've gone in to my services control pannel and started/stopped Windows Audio Service (just in case). I've reinstalled my sound drivers. I've reinstalled my NVidia Drivers. I tried giving UBI Connect Admin privledges Upon launch, all sound stops on my PC until I quit... then it returns upon exiting. The intro, the game menu, the game if I begin to play. All silent. Strangest thing ever. This is the only game I've ever had this problem with.

• Andrew.Russell
    4 posts

@hanfred So, I was running 4k@120hz. You were indeed right. When I dropped to 4k@60hz (in video settings) the audio came back. I actually did this in the video options of a game with no audio. Once I scaled back the refresh rate, everything was fine. The problem does indeed to be related to HDMI Audio at refresh rates above 60hz in 4k. Thanks for posting that hint.

• kevcalif
    17 posts

It seems to happen at random times. Ambient sounds and sounds from player movement are still heard but character dialogue is missing. Here is a video showing this happen. I noticed it on several different missions. Exiting the application and restarting does fix the issue.

https://streamable.com/91npmk: (https://streamable.com/91npmk)

Note that none of the characters can be heard speaking but the sounds of the player moving around, and climbing the ladder can still be heard.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @HanFred & @Andrew-Russell!

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered missing audio / sound in-game whilst playing Far Cry 6 on PC.

@HanFred - Thank you for letting us know more about your system specs, as well as that increasing the framerate to 120 FPS seems to disable the sound in-game. I've shared this information with the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

I'd like to take a look at the other issues you've encountered. Are you still unable to launch your game following a recent update? If so, I recommend that you take a look at our ongoing crash / freezes Megathreads to see which of these matches the issue you're experiencing. We have shared troubleshooting steps in each of these threads, and we can continue investigating this issue further there rather than going off-topic in this thread about missing sounds.

You mention that "sounds go missing after a few hours of playing." Is this when you have the framerate set to 60 FPS? If so, would you be able to provide us with some more information about this:

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then include this in your report to the development team.

@Andrew-Russell - Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and for providing an update that changing the framerate seems to bring the audio back. I've passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this framerate issue.

Just to confirm, has your missing sound issue now been resolved, or are you still encountering missing audio / sounds in-game even if you lower the framerate to 60 FPS?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @kevcalif, I've just merged your thread into this one, I have merged your thread so all updates can be posted in one place. I can confirm that the development team are currently investigating the audio issue. Can you please help us out by answering the questions provided by my colleagues above? Let me know if you have any questions!

• Andrew.Russell
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis As long as I keep my settings at 60hz, I can hear sound perfectly. I am playing over an HDMI connection using an RTX 3070 connected to an 85" LG TV. If I change to 120hz, the sound does go silent again. I'll just stay at 60hz for now!

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for clarifying that for me, @Andrew-Russell! I'm glad to hear that you're able to enjoy the audio at 60hz, though I understand that this may not be your preference.

The development team have been taking a closer look at this, and they would like some more information from you. Would you be able to let us know the following:

• Can you confirm your HDMI Version?
    • Can you confirm your LG CX TV's Firmware version?
    • Are you able to hear audio with other output (such as speakers or headsets)? Or is the audio missing at 120hz no matter which output you use?
    • Is your TV always running at 4k@120hz? You confirm by looking for "view advanced display info" in the windows search

The development team would also like to take a closer look at your system files. To allow us to collect these, I've opened up a support ticket for you. You can find this by logging into the Ubisoft Support website and selecting "See All Cases" on your homepage. I've also sent you an email with instructions on how to provide these system files. Once you have updated your support ticket, please let us know within this thread so we can ensure your system files are forwarded to the developers.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • slappula
    1 posts

I've been playing FC6 for about two weeks via Ubisoft Plus with very few issues. Last night, there was no sound at all from the game (starting from the title screen). I went through all of the troubleshooting steps here (and from Reddit). I managed to get sound for about two minutes and then it died again. I tried some Steam games and downloaded other Ubisoft Plus games, and they worked fine. This seems to be specific to FC6. My specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
    RAM: 32 GB
    GPU: HP Omen - Nvidia RTX3080
    TV: LG CX

I have also logged a support case. The only significant change that I can think of that occurred before this happened was that I updated to the latest Nvidia driver.

Edit: I figured out a work-around. The problem seems to be related to the Full Screen setting in Video. If I select Borderless, the sound comes back. I've been playing for about two weeks in Full Screen, so I have no idea why this has broken now?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @slappula! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been missing your in-game audio. Thank you for taking the time to share your report and findings for us, and for letting us know more about your system specs. I also appreciate you taking the time to try and troubleshoot the issue as well.

I've passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this. If possible, would you be able to provide us with a video that demonstrates the audio disappearing/reappearing when you switch between full screen and borderless mode? This would be helpful for further investigation.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @slappula!

The development team have reached out to us and would like some more information from you. Would you be able to let us know the following:

• Just to confirm, have you tried verifying your game files?
    • Do you use the same audio device for the game with the one selected as primary from the windows settings? 
    • Does you use a wireless or wired headset? 
    • Have you ensured that your audio drivers are up to date? 
    • Can you please upload your save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Can you please send us a screenshot of your audio settings in-game? 

We'd also like to collect your system files for further investigation. I've opened up a support ticket for you, which you can find by logging into the Ubisoft Support website and clicking "See All Cases" on your homepage. I've also sent you an email which has further instructions in it, so please check this out when you're next able to.

Once you've uploaded your system files, please can you let us know within this thread? We can then ensure that these are included in your update to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics