Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 600 posts

I’m not sure if another thread has noted this bug/glitch, but I did not see it in the megathread of reported issues.

I’ve seen this for quite a while through several updates... Eivor will sometimes attempt to walk over an invisible object in front of Reda and in the path below, as well as sink into the ground right before Reda’s rug. Today, I noticed the most amusing outcome, where Eivor’s ankle started to get twisted up. I am playing the game on my XBox Series X with no technical or internet issues.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 731 posts

@thenorfolkian Hi there!

Thanks for sharing this issue with us, and with a video showcasing the bug. Sorry to hear you've been seeing Eivor behave in this way!

Would you be able to tell us:

• If you recall when this started happening?
    • Are you able to describe how frequently this occurs?
    • Have you noticed this behaviour in any other areas of the game?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-nacho I can’t be certain when I started seeing this issue... could have been as far back as TU 1.1.2, or earlier. It happens rather infrequently, and when it does happen, it’s not really a problem. I have noticed this problem sometimes around the festival grounds on the other side of the settlement, which has led me to consider that the invisible objects are actually ghost images of physical parameters set up for additional decorations during festival events. I hope that helps the investigation.

• conan429
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • conan429
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 963 posts

@thenorfolkian Thank you for your reply. We will pass this information on to the game team.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-viral If it helps the investigation team, I’ve been noticing that the issue seems to occur most frequently when loading a save where my Eivor was already in front of Reda. After fast traveling and coming back to Ravensthorpe, the invisible barriers and sinkholes seem to vanish.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Hey @TheNorfolkian, appreciate your input there and will ensure this gets forwarded together with the rest of the report.

Should you happen to have any additional details that may aid us in reproducing the issue or if you run into any other difficulties, do not hesitate and drop us a message at any time!

Official Response

Suggested Topics