ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 135 posts

I'm not sure why there's no option to sleep or rest to pass time in Far Cry 6.

I love the day/night cycle, and Yara is beautiful regardless of time of day, but if I'd just like to get through the nighttime faster, why can't I stop to rest, sleep, or meditate or something and choose the time of day to continue in--like I could in Far Cry 4 and Primal?

While I'm on the subject, I wish sunrises and sunsets could last longer. The lighting system in this game is absolutely gorgeous, and I want to see Yara awash in its orange glow more often.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    233 posts

I experienced this exact issue yesterday and yearned for Valhalla's mechanics for a split second.

Then I shrugged and moved on. There are so many things to do if you need to kill time, and fast travel is a great time killer.

I needed to fight that black panther at night, so I did other things nearby. When I returned I still had to stand around like a fool, waiting in the darkness. It was probably midnight Yara time when the panther finally showed its face.

I thought to myself, if I die during this fight, this is really going to suck.

Waiting for Godot.

It's the save system in this game that sucks. Not the day and night cycle. A proper save system would cure everything.

• AnimusLover
    313 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Um, no. This is open world design 101 . If you put a day/night cycle in your game the player should be able to cycle through it as opposed to being expected to do activities they don't want to do to kill time.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 135 posts

@animuslover Exactly. Allow us the option to have our character sleep or rest to advance time. The more specific, the better. I'd like to rest just until just before sunrise so that I can watch Yara glow in beautiful orange.

Also, the save system sucks too, but that has nothing to do with the fact that this is an open-world adventure with a full day/night cycle and no advance-time mechanic. Sometimes I want to keep my action going while the sun is up.

• OxIdOAC
    35 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Funny thing is, i killed black rare panther during day time, and it was supposed to appear only at night... I was at the location with my Champagne sniffing around and panther just jumped me...

Suggested Topics