ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thesuicidefox
    Original poster 11 posts

My button mapping keep resetting randomly, sometimes literally mid fight. All other control/game options remain how I set them. Xbox Series X.

Here is my mapping:
    -default unless noted elsewhere
    -melee/takedown as tap B
    -carry body as hold B
    -zoom as tap B while aiming
    -crouch as toggle Right Stick Click
    -parachute as tap RSC while falling
    -camera as toggle up dpad
    -photos as hold up dpad
    -holster weapon as tap down dpad
    -holster/equip PGX as hold down dpad

The game for some reason considers is a conflict to have tap down dpad as holster weapon and tap down dpad to select 4th gadget in weapon wheel, even though you can't directly holster from weapon wheel (you have to select holster in the wheel itself). I think this has something to do with the reset, but I want to report both because the first is definitely a bug and the second seems like a bug too since it's not a real conflict.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 664 posts

Hey there @thesuicidefox . I am sorry to hear that your button mapping keeps resetting on you! Would you confirm for me the exact model of Xbox controller you're using? Do you also recall when this started happening? Was it right from the beginning of the game, or did a specific mission seem to trigger it as all?

Official Response
  • thesuicidefox
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubistorm I am using an Xbox Elite 2 but it has happened when using a standard controller too. I will be literally mid fight and it resets, I never even went into a menu.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2678 posts

Thanks very much for confirming that for us, @thesuicidefox - I've gone ahead and reported the holster/weapon wheel gadget conflict to our teams to look into further.

For the resetting binds issue, this isn't something that has been reported, so I'd like to invite you to run through our troubleshooting guide. In particular, please make sure you've fully updated the console and all its software, performed a power-cycle, and reset its network connection.

After those steps, can you let us know if the issue continues to happen? If so, I'll be able to reach out to another team to seek some further guidance on this issue. Let me know if I can clarify those troubleshooting steps at all.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@thesuicidefox Hey! Thank you for your patience whilst we have looked into this issue.

The game team would like to know the following:

Are you aware that you can select "Unassign" to change the holster input to the specific input in conflict (e.g. tap down d-tap as the holster button)?
    Are you simply reporting that there's a conflict screen that appears when trying to do this input change?

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Suggested Topics