Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hralex1951
    Original poster 56 posts

I was doing Roosevelt Island Legendary and one guy said for me to take down my turret because it was stepping on his hive. I did but don't know what he was talking about. My turret does 250K damage and I thought the Hive buffed the turret. It took a lot longer for them to kill the quads, I was healing continually. Why would he want the turret taken down. On another point, why do you have to tag every post, its stupid.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    371 posts

It was stepping in his hive? Hum. Maybe he was afraid that the turret might get the drones' aggro and that his hive might get destroyed in the collateral damage of explosives fired at your turret?

• Adrian-11
    700 posts

@hralex1951

This doesn't make a lot of sense 🤷

• fs_slacker
    22 posts

@hralex1951 Was there something he was buffing with the hive for himself? There's a limited number of microdrones once you place the hive. I've never used it in group play, but maybe your turret was sapping the charges he was counting on.

• V4MPiR1
    65 posts

@hralex1951 What was his other skill?

• hralex1951
    Original poster 56 posts

Don't remember what his other skill was. I thought the hive boosted the team. He also told a guy using a shield not to step on his hive. I think he didn't want anyone else using his hive. I played another Roosevelt Legi and a guy had a hive, but he never said anything like that. I spend all my time in the boat spamming healing and watching the door for aholes. You have to work as a team on Leg.

• Adrian-11
    700 posts

@hralex1951

What the heck "don't step on my hive" even means?!

• hralex1951
    Original poster 56 posts

LOL I think he means don't use a skill inside my hive radius because I want it all to myself.

• V4MPiR1
    65 posts

@hralex1951 That's exactly what it means. To 'step' on something is a colloquial analogy to placing your foot down on something (ie. your dog barking aggressively at a nearby pedestrian or similar stimulus) to exert control/influence over it (ie. preventing attack). So Adrian, the guy, as Alex deduced, wanted all the hive charges for himself. Hence, why I asked what his other skill was; to begin to determine if there are any mitigating variables to the account, without which, turns into a 'he said, she said'. The fact that he threw the hive out, however, suggests the guy has little to no case; the hive became a team asset, again, as Alex stated.

Moreover, it's just a Legendary. If it was a raid, and he had some specific reason for it that 'stepping' on it could lead to an 8-man wipe, OK. However, due diligence would have necessitated him advising his teammates of that BEFORE the engagement.

Suggested Topics