Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 2 Likes/100 Replies/7128 Views
    FGx1988
    101 posts

@aanthony0329 Could not more agree! We already knew that it was not a bug and just a poor choice in game design. As already said from other users, it killed the immersion, because it is way too noticeable.

• afewscarsmore
    78 posts

funny it got 9 month to reply from team it was designed like that

@norwegian90 Odyssey did it much better in many ways comparing to valhalla: prg system, perks, weapon types and sizes, ship, crew and even helix gear.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about weapon size, @aanthony0329, @FGx1988 & @afewscarsmore.

As shared by the development team, this is not a feature that they intend to change in the future:

We can confirm that the weapon resizing is working as intended. Weapons becoming smaller as they're sheathed is done to help avoid major clipping issues during parkour, combat, and other common actions. As a result, this is not a feature that will be changed.

I understand that this may not have been the answer you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. We have forwarded the feedback you have shared with us with the dedicated teams for further consideration.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    533 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 I never liked what the devs did by making sheathed weapons look smaller. Especially spears... it’s ridiculous that they look so tiny on Eivor. My solution is to simply ‘hide’ the weapons when sheathed so that you only see them as they are intended when you pull them out.

• Larianltp
    14 posts

@thenorfolkian That sadly doesent change how oversized the weapons are in general. It might make things less noticable, because you dont actuall see a nicely sized weapon (on your belt) all the time, but the weapon sizes are just off.

Thats the part hard for me to understand, nobody asked for bigger weapons when sheated (which could cause clipping issues), but just not Final-Fantasy J-RPG sized weapons over all. Next AC will be with backflip attacks while your sword shoots thunder and lightning at whole group off enemies.

But jokes aside, it seems like theyd leave the 'old' fanbase behind them (because they seem to ask for more realism since AC Origins and get ignored) to attract new players. And thats mainly achieved throug Fortnide-like realism concerning the weapons, a extremly easy combat system that doesent realy feel like AC in any way and stupid WoW like mounts and armors.

Sadly, that makes this game very blend and mush for me. The stupidly sized weapons were just the one drop too much, i just cant ignore it.

• aanthony0329
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis I understand. Thank you for looking into this. Out of curiosity, do you know if cloth physics are in the works?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Hello there!

@TheNorfolkian - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding the weapon size, and for sharing your own workaround to the issue. You could certainly hide your weapons so you only see them when unsheathed in combat, if this is your preference.

@Larianltp - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding the weapon size as well. I'm sorry to hear that the weapon size has impacted your gameplay in this way. We will pass this along to the dedicated teams.

@aanthony0329 - You can read the development team's official update regarding cloth physics in our Megathread for this topic.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    254 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-aBrDAL0O
    1 posts

@raphaelzoren Thank you! I don't want to be swinging the Tiny Tim toddler tonker hammer, I want it to be Thor's mighty bone-crushing hammer. Every time it goes back on my waist it's a toy again though. It looks hilarious. Also, why would we want small great swords? Those things are supposed to be about 6 feet long

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @guest-abrdal0o,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I'll pass it along to the team! 🙂

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    254 posts

@ubi-mark
    The size from the new weapons in the Paris DLC are also ridiculous. The scythes are very big. I am always afraid of a thunderstorm and the lightning strikes the weapon.
    Holy crab this game have no soul. Odyssey and Origins have better inventar , dont know why Ubisoft didnt use it. I am happy the game is finished after Paris for me.
    I hear many times the DLC after Paris arent include in the Ultimate Version. For sure i dont buy more from Ubisoft. Hope many other have the same oppinion.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 701 posts

Thank you to everyone who shared their feedback on the game's design of weapons shrinking, when sheathed or placed back on Eivor's person.

As this visual is working as intended, I will move this post to our general discussion area, as feedback, for our community team to see your suggestions on this mechanic.

Official Response
  • guest-ek2XEb0O
    1 posts

@tony-hawk-1996 The sizes they are when unsheathed are more realistic to the weapons (besides every war hammer but Mjolnir). They only shrink in size so that the weapon isn't going through things on your body or "clipping". While I'm bothered by the shrinking, I think that making a longsword the size of a regular sword, or wielding a tiny spear would be much worse to look at. Mjolnir shrinking to the sheathed size would also be dumb as hell since it was originally supposed to be a two handed weapon.

• Larianltp
    14 posts
    @tony-hawk-1996 The sizes they are when unsheathed are more realistic to the weapons (besides every war hammer but Mjolnir). They only shrink in size so that the weapon isn't going through things on your body or "clipping". While I'm bothered by the shrinking, I think that making a longsword the size of a regular sword, or wielding a tiny spear would be much worse to look at. Mjolnir shrinking to the sheathed size would also be dumb as hell since it was originally supposed to be a two handed weapon.

Sorry to tell you, but they very clearly are not. While the argument might be valid for the spears to a point, its 100% not the case for all the other weapons. I dont know how much experience you got with medival weaponary, but i acted as a hobby at medival faires and such for a few years.

Even the heads of 2 handed warhammers (actually the only realy used version of warhammers) were a quarter of the size the hammer-heads have when unsheated in the game. Same goes for axes. Just the amount of steel that would be needed to forge such giant axes would be absolutly crazy. Norse axes were in fact pretty small, since steal/metal was extremly expensive.
    There were bigger 2 handed axes with heavier heads, but then again we have 2 handed axes in the game that are even bigger and look more like the staffed version of a battleaxe (regarding the lenght). Which also existed, but had very similar heads like the one handed axes had. Its just a mess overall.

Concerning Mjölnir, i wouldnt be too sure if it was intended as a 2 handed weapons. It is said that the handle came out too short, and regarding the fact that basically all wathammer were 2 handed, you could be right there anyway. But then again, as i said, even 2 handed warhammer were faaaar from what the one handed counterparts look like in the game. With Mjölnir beeing the weapon of a god, it might have actually bine thougt to be bigger thoug.

I guess another thing showing that Ubisoft doesent realy care about the realism in weapon size is the quiver for the arrows which havent bine a topic here yet. Its waaaay to small, like way way to small. It just looks like a joke, its like half the size it should be. Sure, clipping and blabla, but it none the less is wrong.

It realy is sad, at least for me. But i guess you are not alone with the impression the weapons look good as they are, and thats fine and i am happy you can enjoy the game like this. But still, it is far from beeing anything related to realistic in any means.

• Seth_Greigis
    7 posts

Another abnormally HUGE weapon ("Bedale-Gilling Sword" from Discovery Tour) is clipping through the hand 'cause you can't undo the hillarious choice of resizing the weapons when unsheathed... Let's stay with the "abnormally inflated" weapons .... pathetic Ubi... Thanks by the way for the feedback and brought OH-Swords... Now we can see them too inflated in our hands... OMG

Δεν υπάρχει διαθέσιμη περιγραφή για τη φωτογραφία.

• Seth_Greigis
    7 posts

see it in every weapon

• Seth_Greigis
    7 posts

Our beloved Ubi's response

• conan429
    31 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • conan429
    31 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Seth_Greigis
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for your answer but I got it the first time I saw it in another post... The problem is that it is probably something easy like the parameters you can change on the options/settings menu (close camera option etc), 'cause since AC Origins I can understand that the upgraded (or downgreated) ANVIL graphic engine you use have become simpler but more customisable... So I believe it is easy for the Devs to just have a "on/off" option in settings. I realy lose immersion when I see the hand of the main character not to be able to grab realistically (with his/her fist closed and without clipping each other) his sword due to the fact that is like a trunk. And I LoL with the fact that the Devs use the excuse of clipping with the clothes when sheathed but it's ok to clip with the hand.. OMG.... And the problem is not that the huge weapons must decrease in size to sheath them...We want the size of the weapons to remain just as they are when they are sheathed. You really have lost it Ubi and you destroying the hardcore fans' love of the franchice!!

Suggested Topics