Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AurioDK
    Original poster 11 posts

We all have individual preferences, a guilty pleasure of mine with Fallout 4 was spending over 400 hours building bases, I know many have spent more time doing it, Youtube is full of examples and some are rather creative. In fact it became such an obsession to get the best base possible that I entirely forgot about the main story at some point, what was I supposed to do? It was however very satisfying to accomplish the impossible, to get the limited settler AI to actually function with your base setup.

At first when I started playing Fallout I never imagined base building would be something I would approve of, not my cup of tea usually, somehow things changed and I got furious when a bunch of no good mutants destroyed a lot of my hard work. The best thing though, it was optional, you didn´t actually have to do it. If it was mandatory I probably would never gotten into base building in the first place.

Bases have been around in Far Cry for a while, although in preset conditions, why not take it a step further and incorporate it into the story? Optionally with some presets people could just place down in order to avoid building stuff if it isn´t their thing. You expand your base/bases with materials, build houses, techno facilities etc. with inventory etc.

Would this be a good idea or should Far Cry´s innovation which many seem to asking for go in a different direction? I know it´s a "story shooter" but so is Fallout.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

Fallout 4: 400 hours building bases.

====

I did the same.

Fallout 4 was complete trash, but I spent hundreds of hours as a budding architect in that game. Designing bases.

It's the only thing that Fallout 4 was good at.

There is no comparison to be had between Fallout 4 and Far Cry 6.

Far Cry 6 is a visually stunning game with an incredible amount of variety when it comes to combat. Land, sea and air. Not to mention all of the individual departments that blow Fallout 4 away. Like the writing, animations, sound, voice acting, sound effects, music, quests, side games, puzzles, technical aspects, etc...

Every category of game design that you can think of stomps Fallout 4. Aside from the base building.

In Far Cry VI you build six structures and upgrade them each three times. In Fallout 4 you can build almost anything.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

Ah...

The time I spent building structures up to the flyovers.
    A roof penthouse at Bunker Hill.
    Endless re-builds of the Red Rocket...

Doesn't seem very Far Cry, but still a nice idea. 😊

• AurioDK
    Original poster 11 posts

@sofajockey It would definitely be innovation within the Far Cry series, while I agree with the fact that they are two very different games think about how pretty you could build your bases in Far Cry, gives me the itches.

• carshop22
    42 posts

@auriodk the ability to place turrets, mortars and mine fields ect... and have base defense activities/missions could be good!?

• GameGuru2018
    136 posts

@sofajockey Resurrection mod was amazing.

It changed atmosphere.......nature was reborning, forests, cuckoo singing....

If someone wants to bother with building the game should give the person that opportunity.
    But building for what?

It should have sense in the game.

• KrayZee_
    77 posts

@auriodk If you want to build in Far Cry, use Far Cry 5's Arcade map editor. Unfortunately Far Cry 6 does not have a map editor, but the map editor has been around in Far Cry since the first game in 2004 and widely used in original Xbox games Far Cry Instincts, Far Cry Instincts Evolution and Xbox 360 game Far Cry Instincts Predator back in 2005 and 2006. Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 also have a map editor.

• KrayZee_
    77 posts
    Ah...

The time I spent building structures up to the flyovers.
    A roof penthouse at Bunker Hill.
    Endless re-builds of the Red Rocket...

Doesn't seem very Far Cry, but still a nice idea. 😊

Doesn't seem very Far Cry? Map building is a staple in the series since the beginning. As I mentioned before, unfortunately Far Cry 6 doesn't have a map editor. The previous games did and Far Cry 5's map editor is where your creativity goes wild. It may not be like Fallout 4's, but it's way more advanced.

Suggested Topics