Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tijnz
    Original poster 3 posts

Is Mystic Light fully implemented? It seems to be in FC6, but It doesn't show up in MSI Center (Linked Games).
    I've had 2 updates on Mystic Light, since FC6 release, but still can't seem to link the game.

I've got Division 2, Latest 2 AC's and Legion all there linked and working.
    All my pheripherals are MSI nowadays and I'm looking forward to using Mystic Light with FC6

In the 3rd Party option in FC6. Tobii Gaming and Corsair are greyed out and status 'ON'
    MSI Mystic Light is the only option I can toggle. Since i don't have Anything Corsair or Tobii, it feels like something should be working, right?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1503 posts

Hey @tijnz , welcome to the forums, and thanks for reaching out about this.

Mystic Light should indeed be fully implemented, and you should see Far Cry 6 available to choose in MSI Center. Please see this MSI page, and choose 'How to Enable' to see some screenshots showing what options to choose in MSI Center.

If it still doesn't work, can you let me know? In addition, I'd recommend reaching out to MSI, to see if they are able to suggest why the game might not be showing in your program - indeed, I can't find any other reports of this issue in regards to Far Cry 6, so I'd hope it is correctly working for other players (although I'd still very much like to know if the above steps on MSI's website solve the issue).

Please let me know if I can clarify this at all 🙂

Official Response
  • Tijnz
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thank you for the reply, I have to figure out how to be notified on this through email, because I just decided to check if there was a reply.
    Both Gaming Mode and Mystic Light had updates in the MSI Center App
    It did now appear in the seperate Gaming Mode app (from MSI Center), where Mystic Light is shown as supported.
    Unfortantely Far Cry 6 is still not in the Ambient Link -> Game Mode with all the other Ubi games I have.

I was just wondering if it was just me, but if nobody else has the same problem, I'll try MSI/work it out myself.
    I've has some other RGB software running in the past (Trident Gskill and Corsair iCue) and leftover stuff might just be getting in the way.
    So thank you for mentioning there are no other reports.

I did find one on the MSI forums, to which user i replied, it's hard to actually figure out how that Game Sync of MSI works and how to trigger a refresh in the Mystic Light App.
    Time to Upgrade your Software – MSI CENTER (Bug Status) | Page 8 | MSI Global English Forum - Index

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks for the response, @tijnz - I appreciate you updating us on your progress with this issue.

One of the steps in our troubleshooting guide is to check for conflicting background programs - you'll find our explanation of how we recommend doing that here - so checking for similar programs that might be conflicting is definitely a worthwhile step (in addition to reaching out to MSI about this).

For email updates about responses, you'll find a setting for that by clicking the three dots at the top-right, choosing settings, and then checking the appropriate drop-down under 'Notifications.'

As before, I'd be keen to hear if MSI are able to suggest anything that solves this - just in case other players run into any similar issues 🙂 If not, I'll reach out to our teams too to see if we can recommend anything else.

Official Response
  • Tijnz
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Hey, I just thought, I'll just see what FC6 does now, after seeing Far Cry 6 in the Gaming Mode app.
    And it does seem to work. Mystic light reacts mostly to what I'm familiar with to the Division. Not like Valhalla where lights would be tuned to looking at the sky or grass, but It's definately doing something.
    So even though the game is not recognized by the Mystic Light part of MSI center. If it's found by Gaming mode, then the rest also seems to work.
    So that was after I updated Mystic Light and Game Mode apps from within MSI Center.

BTW, I'm sure there are no (at least obvious) conflicting background programs, but I wasn't sure if there was some stuff left by Trident GSKILL/Razer iCue left over.
    But it seems to work now with the latest version of Game Mode at least.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey @tijnz , it's good to hear you've discovered that Far Cry 6 does indeed seem to be working, even if it is not showing up in the Mystic Light UI. I appreciate you letting us know - that'll be very valuable information for other players finding the same issue with their MSI setups!

Let us know if you run into any further issues with it at all.

Official Response

Suggested Topics