ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

The armor textures for a handful of armors are displaying incorrectly in-game. The Byzantine Greek, Iberian, Egyptian, and maybe others are having issues with textures not fully loading in. This issue is most noticeable when looking at the capes, but affects the entire set of armor. Rather than loading in at the true resolution, I believe the armor is simply loading the distant texture for the armor, or at least a lower resolution variant. I caught the issue on PC, and am playing at the highest settings, so it is not an issue with needing to turn up texture quality. Furthermore, there is also a thin blue/purple line on the newly added Ealdorman's Armor. It may be intentional, but I figured I'd add that in just in case.

The image file sizes are too large to upload here, so attached is a link to an Imgur post with my images. For the first issue both screenshots are at the same angle and distance from the camera, though at slightly different locations. I noticed the textures load in correctly in a very small spot located just outside the fishing hut in Ravensthorpe.

https://imgur.com/a/GYB65LP

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

@nickg2002 Hi! Thank you for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the textures of armor not fully loading in.

Thank you for the images these are most useful. Can you also please provide images showing your graphical settings in the game?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-viral I'm playing at Ultra High settings in 1440p

• Ubi-Viral

@nickg2002 Thank you for the image. Does this still happen if you enable Adaptive Quality?

Official Response
  • NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-viral Yes, the issue persists regardless of adaptive quality settings.

• Ubi-Viral

@nickg2002 Thank you for your reply. Can you provide an image of the rest of the graphical settings please?

Also what resolution do you have the game set to?

Official Response
  • NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-viral Game is set to 1440p

• NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

I've tested the issue a bit further this afternoon and can safely say the issue persists:

• Regardless of graphical settings (texture quality, resolution, window type)
    • Regardless of region (tested in Francia, Ireland, and England), lighting (sunlight vs shadow), and time of day
    • Regardless of whether or not the player is wet
    • Regardless of distance from the camera

I've verified my game files, and the issue continues to persist, which makes me very confident in saying that this is a bug rather than an issue on my end. The bug seems to only affect the Iberian, Byzantine, and Egyptian armors. All pieces of the Byzantine set are affected, while the Egyptian set seems to only have the issue on the cloak. The cloak of the Iberian set is affected, but I'm unsure of whether its just the cloak or if its the entire armor. Although the bug is minor, its especially jarring in 1440p. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated

• blackace78
    8 posts

Hi! im also experiencing this issue! im currently using the paladin armor. And the issue is most glaring in cutscenes, its flickering/loading between low res and medium resolution of texture but it never loads the highres texture?

• NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

Honestly, the more that I look at it the more it seems like this is an issue with every armor texture in the game, though with varying levels of severity. Some armors, like the Byzantine Greek, are noticeably worse than they should be. Others, like Thor's Armor (which I just noticed the issue on), do seem to pop in and out, especially in the Camera mode, but aren't that noticeable in actual gameplay. It's very disappointing

• blackace78
    8 posts

@nickg2002 ikr. the quality is so substandard for a 2020 AAA game. i cant think enough reason why the series has gone down.

• NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

@Ubi-Viral @blackace78 Unfortunately, I just noticed that the issue is not exclusive to armors... It appears that the texture pop-in issue occurs on quite a few textures. For example, the wall textures of one of the buildings in Amiens pops in and out depending on the angle the camera is pointed at the building. I will attempt to get better screenshots to post

• NickG2002
    Original poster 9 posts

https://imgur.com/a/GdTuo7g

Here is an example; Notice the stone at the edge of the roof, its texture changes depending on the angle you view it at. This is incredibly distracting and immensely disappointing for a AAA game

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey all,

Thanks for the images and information provided so far. I'll forward these on to the game team to report this to them. If we need anything further, we'll let you know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics