ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

undefined
    Water looks rly bad, how i can fix it?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@prophe Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with pixelated water.

We appreciate the image, however, can you also provide a video of this issue as it will give us a clearer indication of the issue, especially with flickering.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts
  • prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-viral settings high/very high, res 2k ( but i tried full hd and 4k, still looks bad )

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@prophe Thank you for the video. Can you also provide your system specs, I forgot to ask for these before sorry?

Official Response
  • prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-viral rtx2060, intel core i5 9400f, 16gb ddr4, ssd wd green

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Thanks for providing your system specs @prophe! Would you please try out this troubleshooting guide to see if it helps?

Official Response
  • prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-mercury how this can help me????? far cry 6?????
    fix water in valhalla, i see a lot of people who have this problem.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2561 posts

Hey @prophe

I think @Ubi-Mercury was intending to link you here, though, we have shared your feedback with the game team regarding the water anyway.

Official Response
  • prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

i hope someday ubi fix the water, because it destroys the atmosphere of the game and many people talk about it.

• prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-froggard

without space reflection shadows flickering , but water looks better ( 4k res ) in 2k looks still bad.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks very much for getting this further video across to us, @prophe - I've gone ahead and fully reported all this to our teams now, so we'll get this looked into internally.

I hope you've otherwise been enjoying Valhalla! Let me know if you run into any further issues.

Official Response
  • prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

@prophe water still looks like trash after update

• prophe-
    Original poster 13 posts

water still looks like trash 

• Ice_breaker007
    4 posts

@prophe I don't know why they don't fix it, it's been like that since release. But I have now found a way to fix it completely. The magic word is reshade. I activated 2 things there that completely fix the pixelated flicker water. First use the fimematric filter with the sharpness filter, and to get rid of the flicker you have to activate taa in reshade. Reshade taa also eliminates the last flicker. Ubisoft aa is not working well (high). Not even on 6k (200% tested) does the water look as nice as it does now. I activated hdr for the optics. It takes 3 minutes of work and the water looks completely different. Important: You have to set anti aliasing to high in the game, as this also renders the water and also smooths it a bit. In no case aa on low / medium, then it will be very pixelated. And possibly deactivate the reflections (test it, its broken shader. On 1440p with reshade runs fine). (1440p, rtx 3070) Please repair the water ubisoft. Thank you.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1665 posts

@ice_breaker007 Hi there.

Please be assured the team are still investigating issues with the water's graphical quality! You're welcome to keep an eye on our News and Announcements for more information on this.

Thank you for taking the time to let others know what you've changed in your settings to help with this in the meantime.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions.

Official Response
  • kilyan82
    60 posts
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

Hello @kilyan82,

Thank you for the update and for sharing the video with us!

Can you please confirm if you're still experiencing any water-related issues including flickering, as after checking your video I didn't notice any anomalies?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • kilyan82
    60 posts

@ubi-mark nope, looks fine for me

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 835 posts

@kilyan82 Glad to hear that! Please feel free to reach out if you encounter any other issues.

Official Response

Suggested Topics