ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts

Hello.
    It's impossible to also report or mute them as there are too many of them. I tried muting 10 spammers in single minute and more kept writing 😞
    Is it so difficult to block any Chinese language spam on a EU server?
    It would take only minutes for me to code this...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    662 posts

@xlastovi Spambots on the chat has been a problem since the first game, no efforts were put in fixing that

• xlastovi

It was not this bad a few days ago. Maybe because it is a weekend.

• XMdead
    144 posts

I don't even understand the point of global chat.

I could understand chat that is server specific, or better yet specific to a district on a specific server.

But one chat shared across the world... is just plain absurd, and it begs for abuse like these spammers.

At least fixing would be easy... limit it to a server or district on a server.

• Sock_Monkey
    458 posts

@xcel30 No doubt. I recall in the terminal (in Div 1) there was such a constant excess of Chinese spam I took a vid and posted it for the support group to see - and they did nothing.

I ended p disabling global chat in the first game and left it off for Div 2 for the same reason.

• xlastovi
    @xmdead I don't even understand the point of global chat.

Wait. I have thought that the Central chat is server specific. Is that chat really shared across the globe?

• xcel30
    662 posts

@xlastovi Pretty sure yeah, or it just has that many bots in every goddanm server

• XMdead
    144 posts
    @xmdead I don't even understand the point of global chat.

Wait. I have thought that the Central chat is server specific. Is that chat really shared across the globe?

If I am in America and 95%of all the chat I see on most sessions is in asian ideograms, the conclusion is logical... either the game is stupidly putting me on asian servers or the chat is global. At first I believed it was the first, but further observation made me conclude it really is the 2nd.

Either way I could no longer stand it, so I turned it off. Hampers communication when matchmade, but so be it.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

Hey folks!

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing spam in the in-game chat. So we can look into this further can we ask that you provide some screenshots of this happening.

We can then look into this further with the game team.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • the_Kettle
    216 posts

It's not necessarily all spam, just Chinese-speaking people having conversations. Some definitely is though - if you look at the chat in detail, you'll sometimes see the same person posting exactly the same message repeatedly, which I assume is a bot advertising some hacking service or something similar.

I agree that the chat does seem to be global, I play on EU servers and see the same thing there. It definitely varies from day to day / time to time, seems a lot busier on weekends when more players are about.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

@the_kettle Thank you for your reply and for providing more detail into this. Do you think you could share some images showing the spamming, especially the bots?

Official Response
  • HaywardGG
    95 posts

@xlastovi I've had global chat disabled since day one. I turn it on every now and then but I'm always greeted to spam, so it gets turned right back off again.

• XMdead
    144 posts
    @the_kettle Thank you for your reply and for providing more detail into this. Do you think you could share some images showing the spamming, especially the bots?

I believe this was probably on EU server (as my teammate who hosted is from there), but he might have been placed on a different server as I almost never get "poor connection" to EU.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@xmdead Thank you so much for that screenshot! If you could, would you also confirm with your friend which Datacenter they were using, if they can remember?

@haywardgb I'm sorry to hear that this is such a constant thing for you as well! Would you be able to send us some screenshots in addition to @XMdead ?

Official Response
  • XMdead
    144 posts
    @xmdead Thank you so much for that screenshot! If you could, would you also confirm with your friend which Datacenter they were using, if they can remember?

The screenshot should be for EU, he is in England and when he hosts we always get EU, although there are times when we can't tell what datacenter it is. For me, the datacenter is MUCH more random, solo I seem to get either US East or a datacenter that does not say where it is.

This screenshot happened in D1, but the same occurs in D2.

• Sock_Monkey
    458 posts

@xmdead Um, that's Div 1?

• XMdead
    144 posts
    @xmdead Um, that's Div 1?

The screenshot is (since we are during a Global Event for Div 1 I am playing that this week instead of Div 2). The location of the screenshot is at The Terminal.

The exact same asian character chat spam happens in both games.

• SuspiciousPixel
    192 posts

@ubi-viral Dude who are you kidding? This is a kick in the teeth since this has been a known problem since Division 1 days.
    The spam advertises boosting and cheating services. Do you guys take a slice of their pie since nothing has been done after people have been reporting it for years.

I reported this in 2019 for Division 2 and the devs don't give a [censored]

• davidhines1
    22 posts

i play division 1. i hereby give ubisoft permission to look at my in game ignore list of chinese spam bots offering some service or other, which i never bothered trying to transate. 99% of my ignore list is from spam bot chat in penn district. whenever i go to base of operations, i end up opening chat and ignoring one. i used to report them like i have to report hacking, but its clear nobody looks at reports from division 1 game at all, let alone investigates and takes action. i believe i would be breaking the law locally not to try reporting the hacking which is why i do it, but the spam i have no clue what it is - offering to use your account to farm a classified set seems a good guess, when they actually just want to hijack the account, spend money of the player and use it to spam the chat for other gullible players. but all i do is ignore now. guccixxxx one name comes up, where x = various numbers. but i guess division 1 is close to being abandoned so maybe nothing will happen.

• SuspiciousPixel
    192 posts

@davidhines1 Don't get your hopes up. They'll do nothing.

Div 2
    Chinese Chat Spam is a Serious Issue | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2191738-Chinese-Chat-Spam-is-a-Serious-Issue)
    Feature Request - Foreign language Filter (Please) | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2182034-Feature-Request-Foreign-language-Filter-(Please)?highlight=spam%2C+foreign)
    (REQUEST FEATURE) Language filter for Foreign language request | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2173233-(REQUEST-FEATURE)-Language-filter-for-Foreign-language-request?highlight=spam%2C+foreign)
    global chat box | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2249285-global-chat-box?highlight=spam%2C+foreign)
    Chat spammer | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2030919-Chat-spammer?highlight=spam%2C+foreign)
    (2) Can we please get the Chat fixed, im sick of getting spammed by Chinese ads and spam on chat. Region lock and foreign language filter the chat. : thedivision (reddit.com)
    (2) So, about the massive amount of chinese spam in the chat... : thedivision (reddit.com)

Div 1
    PC Chinese chat spammers. | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2279571-Chinese-chat-spammers)
    Chat speaking cooldown. | Forums (ubisoft.com): (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1442100-Chat-speaking-cooldown?highlight=spam%2C+chineese)
    (2) Massive fix the Chinese spam in district chat : thedivision (reddit.com)

and there are lots more reports, suggestions, feedback, complaint threads on the same topic.

Suggested Topics