Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• davidhines1
    19 posts

@suspiciouspixel i never do because old and cynical. if i held my breath every time i made a post like that, i would be purplefaced dead by now lol

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1354 posts

Hey folks!

I have reported this once again to The Division team but we do need an image or video of this happening in The Division 2 not 1 please.

If anyone can provide this it would be greatly appreciated. This needs to be a recent video or image.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts
    @xlastovi I've had global chat disabled since day one. I turn it on every now and then but I'm always greeted to spam, so it gets turned right back off again.

And this is supposed to be a solution?? I don't have it enabled all the time neither. But I need to be able to attempt to ask simple questions or ask for help.

• HaywardGG
    84 posts

@xlastovi It was just a statement, an example in support of your post, no solution was offered. Don't be so presumptuous!

• the_Kettle
    149 posts
    Hey folks!

I have reported this once again to The Division team but we do need an image or video of this happening in The Division 2 not 1 please.

If anyone can provide this it would be greatly appreciated. This needs to be a recent video or image.

Thank you.

I recorded this today, I was on an EU server. Timestamps are all GMT. Note the repeated messages including YY followed by a string of numbers? Those are the sorts of ones that get repeated over and over (I usually mute those people though, if I've not muted the whole channel). I assume the rest is just normal talk, but the volume of it does make it difficult to track any other (English or other) conversations. This is much more of a problem at certain times than others - I usually only see it if I'm playing in the afternoon (GMT), in the evening the chat is usually predominantly English or other EU languages (Russian, German etc).

• xlastovi

@haywardgb Ok. I am sorry I misunderstood.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 720 posts

Hey guy!

Thank you for all of your input there.

This particular matter appears to have been resolved a little while back, however as clearly indicated, issue continues to persist, therefore I have brought this up accordingly and sent the video footage you've provided us with @the_Kettle.

If we will need any additional information, we will update the thread accordingly.

In the meantime, apologies about the inconvenience this may cause and if you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • XMdead
    135 posts

@ubi-karl

The key problem seems to be that the chat is global and has no filter by language.

• Makes most of the chat unreadable and thus nearly useless.
    • When chat is turned on... it causes open hostility because some of the "other language" speakers are openly hostile and often insulting. It of course usually leads to retaliation and often insult fights between people of one nation and another.

Frankly, it is a disgusting chat environment.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 720 posts

Hey @XMdead, appreciate your detailed input and can confirm that your suggestion and feedback has been forwarded to our development team for further review.

If you do have any other suggestions to make or if you run into any other difficulties, do not hesitate and drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • BARRETTY93
    3 posts

Here the proof of this spammer 23 november 2021

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/789711087158820864/912778819704873032/TheDivision_2021-11-23_19-26-05-195.webm

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1370 posts

Thank you very much for this @barretty93 , I've passed it onto the team who are continuing to investigate these reports.

When more news is available, we'll let you know here!

Official Response
  • xlastovi

@Ubi-TheBerry I don't use global chat often but it seems that ammount of those spammers decreased. I am happy there seems to be some progress.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1354 posts

@xlastovi Hey! That is good news to hear! If you need anything else feel free to let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Caboose4Life72
    2 posts

When I play I've seen what looks like Chinese chat on my screen. Is this normal???? Is there a in game chat cause I feel like I'm being hacked while playing the game.

• Caboose4Life72
    2 posts

@caboose4life72 THIS IS WHAT I SEE IN GAME [censored]

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1370 posts

Hey @caboose4life72 ,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you were posting on the original Division forums, I've moved your post into The Division 2 and merged it here where we're tracking this issue.

The team have been made aware of the current spam in the Global Chat channel and are looking into it.

Should we have any new information regarding this, we'll let you all know.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics