Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shaiky1681
    Original poster 5 posts

After a while of trying to even find where to have some sort of customer support, here I am.

I've been trying to farm and get all the shareable weapons available Online, even making my own charts to try to keep track which can be shared, since operators with similar weapons can use one another's. This can be especially fun if the player owns Wrench and Aiden as Wrench can use all SMG weapons including the silence MP5 while Aiden can use all other weapons period.

The game is structured so that even if you release an operator with a gun (let's say the P9), your operators with access to it will still have access to it (say, an operator with the REX 359 will still have access to that P9).

Now, I've only been missing two weapons in my farming, since they're not exactly easy to find. But today, I simply logged out and back into Online after a particularly glitchy server, and all my weapon collecting progress is gone.

I have backups, but this is Online mode, those backups do not even help me here as the progress seems basically tied to the online servers. I don't know what to do other than start from 0 or try asking for help directly from customer service. I'm strangely disheartened as it's something I've been working on for such a while, and the way I described such niche mechanics can attest to how much effort I ended up placing in this part of the game only to have it disappear.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Hey @shaiky1681, welcome to the Watch Dogs: Legion Discussions!

I'm sorry to hear that your weapon progress has disappeared. Would you be able to try these steps here and keep me updated if they help restore your progress? Thanks!

Official Response
  • Shaiky1681
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mercury Just tried everything except "rebuilding the database" due to the sheer time it will take. Sadly after having tried every single other option on that troubleshoot page, so far I simply have not gotten the weapon progress back so far. I will hopefully try it soon but the point stands that so far nothing much changed. Trying to keep you updated with the progress, thank you for the response.

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@shaiky1681

I'm sad to say this problem has been in online mode since the beginning and even though it has been reported multiple times by multiple people has never been fixed.
    It causes us to keep operatives we don't want just to have the weapons available.
    Also if you do have an operative with a weapon but it doesn't appear for another, you must equip unequip equip the original weapons to see them again. Also to change weapon skins as they will not appear even if equipped currently on another.

We feel your pain, ubisoft customer support is 90% of why ubisoft is considered a bad game company. But with patience, or just giving up on believing they will do what is right for their customers you can enjoy the love hate relationship with ubisoft.
    Just don't succumb to the feelings of rage and commit horrible acts towards them or in real life.

Remember they are only mortals and cannot compare to the wondrous nature of us demigods.

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@ubi-mercury

You should know by now that none of those steps correct the issue and should forward that info to whoever will "say" they will fix it.
    Thank you

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Thank you everyone for trying those steps. I am sorry it did not help, could you please provide me with a video showing all of your weapons missing in online mode?

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@ubisushivamp

Hmm, I'm unsure.
    *edit*
    No I just logged on to try and don't know how I can show it.
    Unless I were to spend points to recruit as well discard operatives all I can show is not having something available.
    One could argue that I've never owned a specific weapon since I currently don't have an operative with it I couldn't prove otherwise beyond my word.

I have already lost operatives mysteriously, costing me the points to replace them and never get as much as an apology or reimbursement and don't want to waste more points on something ubisoft can confirm by picking up a controller for themselves.
    Yeah there isn't any good incentives for helping you guys out on this one.
    *end edit*

I still don't understand how to properly share a link but will try my best. I should be able to have it ready by this time tomorrow.

• Shaiky1681
    Original poster 5 posts

@t1gerassassin I completely feel you on those last few thoughts. Luckily enough, I actually did get quite angry at the game when I noticed that my progress was gone but instead ended up finding a way to let Ubisoft know what happened.

Here we are now, with not much progress, but it's at least logged and I know someone inside those offices knows and is trying. Of course I'd also like my stuff back.

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@shaiky1681

Im glad you appreciate my style of humor/truth. Sometimes I can be misunderstood lol.
    I think we all hope this game will be a longer running title receiving more content. Also I feel its a great opportunity to further expand on the different modes and experiment with the new mechanics they brought to us.
    So far the results have been much lower than the anticipated expectations.
    I don't think anyone would complain about them pushing forward.

I feel like they're already distracted with other projects and possibly reduced the personnel assigned to the issues for legion.
    No actual proof just a feeling.
    Looking at it from a business perspective it is a common tactic, though its a tactic used in a poor business model in my opinion at least for this industry.

Ubi has a track record of getting too excited about new projects and lose focus, one of the contributing factors for the consumer reviews remaining low, also just opinion.

I would be surprised, pleasantly, if they were to give us some major changes in the future.
    There has been a large call for it.
    Expanding the settings and available options, placing higher restrictions to use and or effectiveness of gadgets and creating a much higher focus on the necessary use of multiple characters according to their traits.
    Also giving us some halfway decent mini games, I think the racing has been the most missed from previous titles but continues to be ignored for whatever reasons. Never do understand why they love making poor choices and ignoring popular customer opinion.

Forgive me I believe I have run off topic.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello everyone. I do understand that this issue is frustrating, and I do apologize for that. However, providing those video clips do help with investigations into issues like these. If you can provide those, the team would be very appreciative.

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@ubistorm
    Like I already explained there is no non detrimental way for me to video it on my account.
    Feel free to play it yourself and make your own videos ubistaff

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@ubistorm
    If one day I want to discard the operatives on my list that I've spent thousands of hours obtaining I'll make a video for you.
    But honestly, I doubt anyone would.

• Shaiky1681
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubistorm It happened again, I had just finished my weapon progress again last night. Luckily I was proud enough to upload a video to my YouTube about it, and just got a new one. Again I cannot help but feel frustrated about a situation like this, especially after doing enough external research and labbing; but if showing proof about the weapon progress will help the devs then here it is.

Full weapon progress from yesterday night:

Today's missing progress:

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@shaiky1681
    While I'm glad you got the video ,you rock,,
    Sorry you still have to deal with the problem.
    After bending over backwards so many times dealing with ubi I just couldn't bring myself to put in the work to show what they could find themselves in 5 minutes if they would just put in the effort.

Your great shaiky

• Elvenfighter24
    4 posts

@shaiky1681, in the online mode weapons get "reset" each time you log in to the game. More exactly, if you have any weapons that are either
    a) not equipped on any of your operatives
    b) not provided by any of your operatives as a perk
    Such weapons get removed from your inventory. And this happens each time. No "glitchy servers" are causing this. In the Online a bunch of stuff gets reset as you log in.

So, in order to retain your weapons in between logins you should either:

• equip a weapon you would like to keep on an operative (one or more)
    • have a (non-retired) operative that has the gun as theirs perk

• Shaiky1681
    Original poster 5 posts

@elvenfighter24 nah I fully disagree about them resetting every time, weapons have been staying for me for the most part for me and just get deleted after a while, heck, I recently got a new ps5 and when transferring my account I still had my then-current progress.

Though worth noting, yeah, there was a particularly glitchy server the day I first noticed my progress was gone, but I cannot say that again for this second time when I made the videos

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@elvenfighter24

I agree with your 2 solutions, especially since I said the same before.
    However,
    I agree with shaiky that it does not reset every time.
    Many times I've had to reload, crashes, auto detected bug, etc, for whatever reasons and did not have to go through the steps both for making weapons available or changing skins.

But if I shutdown for a food break for example, it will reset.
    I would give 30 minutes as a example. I have not tested for time mainly because I don't care how long it is ubisoft just needs to fix it.

Side note, you're message was very well written like you have experience with document related fields. Thumbs up

• T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

@ubistorm

Hey,
    As elvenfighter also pointed out, there are solutions we have found to cope with the issue.
    While these work, I wanted to point out a couple negatives that go along with them.

1) finding a NPC with the weapons and perks or traits that you want is not an easy task. This can take many many hours so its super convenient when we find one that can weapon swap. So if available we can recruit a "cheap" NPC that gives access to the weapons desired .

2) as such, in order to have continued access to this weapons we must retain these cheap undesired NPCs which take up space reducing the amount of worthy operative we can hold.
    Also due to being unable to choose our next playable character during co-op missions if injured or arrested we may be forced into using characters we do not want to.
    Either due to the auto detected bug, or for example the mission on London bridge where we spawn unable to change, its inconvenience can be frustrating.

3)while there are more I could point out 3 should be enough so lastly, it a big ole pain in the but.

Players,
    If you do run into this problem on London bridge, before anyone enters combat, jump off bridge into water.
    Change to who you want, when you respawn you'll be back on bridge.
    You're welcome 😉

Closing thought,
    We are basically digital scientists.
    Testing, recording and sharing observations of reactions.
    And dad said video games would rot our brains, ha.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1010 posts

@Shaiky1681 Hello!

Thank you for providing this video showing exactly what's gone missing here, as mentioned, it's very much appreciated. We're forwarding this information to the Watch Dogs Legion game team for further investigation! We'll be able to update you all when more information on this becomes available from the team.

@T1gerAssAssin Hey there.

We're happy to see the community come together to offer suggestions on how to navigate this issue. However, we appreciate that this current workaround may not be the most convenient. Thanks for taking the time to list the aspects of this workaround that impact you as a player. This information has also been passed along to the team.

If anyone has any additional questions in the meantime, please let us know!

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin
    158 posts

I believe this issue has been resolved, at least it has for me.

Great job Ubisoft on correcting this issue.

Ubisoft support, bad job on notifying this thread on resolving the issue.

Suggested Topics