Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bladerunner4077
    170 posts

@sausbert There is also the blurry textures issue on PC. Theres 2 game breaking bugs here and am surprised its not patched almost a month later

• Mullsen88
    1 posts

I have the same respawn issues. sneaky gameplay - isn't 😕
    can one roughly estimate when this will be fixed?
    kr Mullsen

• DaWu11
    6 posts

The internet is full of people complaining about the stupid respawn system and how this is ruining the game. And here we are with UBI asking us about details and where it happens. Is this a joke?

ITS EVERYWHERE. Do you even play the game? Obviously not or you wouldnt ask such questions

• a22ghooligan
    42 posts

@dawu11 yea Im having difficulty seeing how this was missed before release. Making me think that some bright spark at UBI thought this was a cool new 'feature'......

And then asking for help too find whats going on. A small dev team I can understand and I would happily help ( like everspace 2) but the multi-millions UBI have and they cant even be [censored] to look at the hundreds of posts and videos about this is just crazy.

Back too waiting for a few months before buying any new game from a 'AAA' dev again.

• Nomadski
    7 posts

I'm not surprised this happens considering you actually see vehicles spawning ahead of you on the road.

• moznessk
    6 posts

I have just realized it's now three weeks since i bought this game and not been able to play because of this bug and all I see from the support team is the same response to everyone enquiring on this matter(provide video clips). It's like they are copy pasting this answer for everyone. What is going on here, this is simply unacceptable. At the very least provide us with a timeline when you expect to patch this and I am 100% sure the devs know what the issue here is because you only have to play this game not more than an hour(like I did) to realize there's something very wrong with the respawns.

• Merlinmagi
    4 posts

@vahndaar I would say the problem is the respawn radius is off by a factor of ten at least. instead of 100 meters, it should be 1000 - 2000 IMO.

I shouldn't have to deal with respawns until I leave and return to an area and some of these basses are quite large.

• viggenras
    8 posts

i am happy that we finally get an official respons but i am not to happy that the beta for this game starts after the release...this issue would have been spotted instanly if they hade done any kind of testing before launch..so it is clear no testing was made and this is scary...how can they charge full price for an unfinished game? mind blowing! i am lucky though since i only rented it from uplay+ so not all my money is lost.

• vahndaar
    62 posts

Yeah time based respawn would be the ideal with respawns taking an in-game day or similar but if that's not an option then yes, the despawn distance should be pushed out much much farther. A factor of 10 would be ideal really.

• tcarlisle2012
    115 posts

I just dropped in to say I don't really see this issue very much. The only time I have seen it, is when doing one of those complexes with all the tabacco fields and poising sprayers. The snipers in the watch towers tend to respawn, and so do the poison sprayers. That is where I noticed it first.. You just can't clear those areas because as soon as you down one sniper and then do the next, the sniper re-spawns.

Definitely an issue, but not to the extent that "the entire Internet is posting about". lol.

Otherwise, I haven't seen this at all. I have a feeli9ng they designed those fields this way, in order to make it infinitely repayable.

I have not seen the same in any of the missions, checkpoints, or various enemy camps.

That said, there are some situations where the game will continuously spawn stuff. The checkpoints will have enemies driving up pretty much indefinitely until you blow up the billboard. Some of the missions have an objective such that the NPCs will continue to appear until you achieve said objective. But that is different.... it isn't that the dead ones are re-spawning.

The infinite NPCs on some of the missions is a little over the top IMHO. But top say the entire game is broken/unplayable etc. is a stretch. As far cry titles go, I have seen less mission glitches in this one than any in the past. So I'd say their release management practices have improved.

That said, I also don't get the frequent crashes that many seem to be experiencing. Not saying that isn't an issue, but it certainly isn't an issue for all. And if I had to place bets, I'd say the majority of those cases will be rooted in bad PC building practice, e.g. not stress and stability testing at the time of build.

• normski7a
    10 posts

@jakeo10 100%, I tried taking the AA zone just NE of the mission you mention. I clear the entrance area, move down the jetty, come back and everyone has respawned. Unfortunately buying the game on Uplay I have option to refund.

• Je5ter007
    11 posts

Of those saying they don't see this issue much - thats probably due to your playstyle - I can't comment on later into the game as I stopped playing at 14% progression due to the bawked re-spawn - literally everywhere.

I'd wager 80 - 90% of the complaints come from people who either want to play stealth or mix and match....at the end of the day, whats the point of silencers if you can't...you know...be silent.

I can totally understand the hesitancy on Ubi's part to bullrush out a "fix" only to find you then pi** off the other "half" of the player base by making encounters too boring.

Seems to me a good compromise would be:

1. Increase the max range before respawn by at least 8 to 10 times OR Increase the respawn timer to around 60 minutes - whichever occurs first

2. If the enemy manages to get an alarm/flare out because you messed up stealth - throw the kitchen sink at the player ramping up over 2 mins - you already have a heat system to trigger this. Those who like "quiet" will be forced to bug out or die and those who love (and go equipt for) "the chaos" will be in their element

3. If you take an outpost - increase the range of enemy spawning around that outpost by at least 10 times. Pablo rocking up on his jack jones on a horse doesn't seem very well thought out from an AI perspective....if the scope is there to do this: what about free world "random counter attacks" when you get in X spawn distance of the outpost?

Just my 2 Pesos worth.... 👾

• Zoopels
    17 posts

@dawu11 No. Why would Ubisoft employees play their own games? They're so broken and buggy! xD

• JohnnyR72
    2 posts

@varjag31 Not during my gameplay. Every time I travel to a checkpoint, I have nothing but respawning enemies which include choppers and tanks. Also, the respawning enemies occur ALL over the map, not just to specific areas.

• Varjag31
    11 posts

@johnnyr72 Yeah that's what I ment, I didn't word it well probably. For me it is everywhere except the conquerable areas like checkpoints, while you are in the process of taking them over. Once you take them over and they're bluee, the respawning starts and you can get a never ending stream of enemies coming to the chekpoing.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us regarding high enemy respawn rate, as well as sharing your feedback and suggestions. I'd like to reassure you all that the development team are looking into this further, and that the Player Support team is forwarding the reports that you are sharing with us to assist with the investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all, including any news of a fix. As soon as we have any more details to share, they will be posted within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum, so please check out these locations regularly.

@Varjag31 - Thank you for sharing where you've experienced a high enemy respawn rate. I've shared your report with the development team.

@Abhishek2812 - Rest assured that the investigation has been going on for some time now, and that the development team are looking into this further. We don't yet have any updates to share with you yet, though as soon as we do they will be posted within the forums.

@Merlinmagi - The development team have been able to reproduce this high enemy respawn behaviour in-game, and are taking a closer look at this issue. They're interested in collecting additional reports from other players to assist with the investigation. Once we do have any new information to share, such as an ETA for a fix, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we are able to.

@Sausbert - The development team has requested that we ask these question on all platforms we are contacted on, including Twitter, as this will help us to collect reports for the investigation. We don't yet have an ETA for when any fixes are to be deployed. Once we have more information to share regarding any fixes, we will let you know within the forums.

@vahndaar - Thank you for re-sharing your earlier post with us, and for including so much detail about your findings. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look as part of the ongoing investigation.

@Jakeo10 - Thank you for sharing your report with us, and for providing us with more information about your experience with "Napoleon El Pequeño" Operation. I'e shared this with the development team.

@Mullsen88 - We don't yet have any news to share regarding a fix for the enemy respawn rate. As soon as we have any new details to share, we will let you know within the forums.

@DaWu11 & @a22ghooligan - The development team have requested that we ask for additional information from players for their investigation, including any additional images or videos. If they no longer require additional reports, we will let you know within this thread. In the meantime, we appreciate players sharing their reports with us, and including additional images and videos if they're able to share these.

@moznessk - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the investigation. I'm sorry to hear that you feel our response are copied and pasted. Please be assured that we take the time to try and read every post made within these threads, and we do our best to address any questions or concerns that have been made. The development team is aware that there is a high respawn rate in-game, and they are currently investigating this further. Once we have any updates to share from the investigation, including any news of a fix, we will let you know within the forums.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Sausbert
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks. In that case I am refunding the game and will pick up a used copy in the future.

• DaWu11
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis I appreciate your feedback. Its just frustrating that I havet been able to play the game for 2 weeks now as I refuse to play it in this condition (kills the fun). I like the game besides this spawn mechnism and I hope you can push for a hotfix. Its taking too long to address this issue in my opinion

• Zoopels
    17 posts

@ubi-borealis Do you have any feedback on whether the development team even considers it a bug that they will fix?

• Sleezure
    87 posts
    @ubi-borealis Do you have any feedback on whether the development team even considers it a bug that they will fix?

100% this. I have a very strong suspicion that this entire issue is a "working as intended" situation, and this whole "we're looking into it" is perhaps a bit of gaslighting from the development team who really are not planning to make any substantive changes to these systems.

Suggested Topics