ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nathanmnm
    3 posts

This "feature," where enemies respawn within seconds of being killed, is not so much a game breaker as a window onto the mind of the game developers - at best it is disappointing, at worst it is insulting. Is the game really that shallow that the only way to give it depth is to kill the same enemy over and over? Why would that ever make sense? How could it ever fit in a game of this type?

It makes me question what the point of the game actually is, the story is sometimes fun but I find myself asking "do I care?" a lot. The vehicles are actually pretty lame (breakpoint does them much much better, particularly helicopters, so so dull to fly). The weapons are average, and the concept that an Armor piercing round from a 0.5 inch sniper rifle wont kill a high level enemy when shot through the heart is, well, lame. In all honesty it plays like a second rate "made for console" budget-game. The "difficulty levels" are a joke.

Right now I have been waiting for a download to "initialise" for about 15 mins, after having to verify my game files which were corrupted by todays update. The irony is that the single, only, mention of the 1.5Gig PC update in the patch notes were "fixed game crash" and the single, only thing that the update has so far done to my install of the game is make it crash 100% on game startup. There was me hoping that the update fixed the crazy instaspawn of dead enemies and in reality al it does is instacrash the game.

• c.j45434
    1 posts

pls someone answer me... today's update fix the enemy respawn bug or... 😢

• VuulfCom
    1 posts

This is just an Ender's Game scenario and Ubi needs to figure out how the xenos are spawning so fast. 😂👍 👽🛸

• KrystalisOakswd
    1 posts

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one living that situation.

Yeah, the respawn is kinda all over the place. You try to clear a place and it takes 30sec for NPCs to respawn behind you. I got killed a lot by cars or just plain NPCs coming out of nowhere behind my back.

The spawns also happened when I'm in a tank (I think it's worst too). The cars and NPCs just respawning and respawning... I was doing a quest in a tank, saw a chest nearby so I got out, checking myself before that no NPCs were around, got out, walked 10 meters and suddenly getting shot, turn around and saw 2 cars with NPCs on foot like a whole army just spawned, when there was no one 10 sec before! This is kinda stupid if you ask me, makes the game act like the cops in CP2077.

The helicopters are a pain in the butt too. They always know where you are for some reasons. You can hide in a house for 5 minutes and they will stay there hovering around till you get out.

Beside that, the textures, it's like if the game plays on 0.5 scale. I'm on PC and I got an 3070. I can well darn play that game on HIGH settings no sweat. I heard that it's worst with the High Def Texture ON so I didn't even bothered on that one.

Also playing on a 3440x1440 monitor got me a bug that when getting in a tank, the screen crop to 16:9 with black bars on each side (if I put the HUD area to fit my monitor, I don't see most of the HUD anymore) and when I get out of the tank, sometimes the screen stay at 16:9. I tried changing resolution but to no avail. To fix it, I have to restart the game completely.

Damage wise, snipers are useless when you can put a X8 scope on the riffle and do the same if not more damage, at range, without having the long reload or short ammo capacity.

Combat feel nice, way better than FC New Dawn in my opinion. The movement are faster and responsive. But yeah, the respawn rate is awful, and break the game. You don't get the feeling that you matter when you try to clear a objective. This is sad and need to be fixed asap!

Beside those problems, overall the game's great.

• Merlinmagi
    4 posts
  • Jakeo10
    24 posts

@merlinmagi The hotfix didn't rectify the respawning enemies problem so.

• Jakeo10
    24 posts

@sleezure "100% this. I have a very strong suspicion that this entire issue is a "working as intended" situation, and this whole "we're looking into it" is perhaps a bit of gaslighting from the development team who really are not planning to make any substantive changes to these systems. "

@sleezure You definitely need to look up the definition of gaslighting because telling us they are investigating it and not being able to give a timeframe or detailed update isn't gaslighting.

Gaslighting is manipulating someone, usually emotionally, into thinking they are going insane/are already insane or are going crazy etc. It's where someone makes you doubt your own sanity by manipulating you.

For Ubisoft's development team to be "gaslighting" us they would have to have told us they were investigating it and working on a fix, then turn around, delete all their replies or posts and then tell us they never said they were investigating the issue or working on a fix and that we are making it up that they ever said something like that.

Or they could tell us there is no issue and we are wrong, then ignore any of the proof videos or other evidence provided, maintaining that we are all just overreacting or similar.

Another gaslighting example would be that they could tell us they don't understand what we're talking about (they do) when we continuously report the respawn rate and issues.

Right now we have only a few weeks since launch and as far as we can see they are actively seeking information to try and investigate the respawn rate and potentially deploy a fix if they deem it necessary. I can't see any manipulative or indeed any abusive behaviours by Ubisoft Dev team towards the players as yet.

If it had been 6 months of them promising a fix and never delivering it I might be inclined to believe they were intentionally stringing us along but it hasn't even been a month yet.

• Sleezure
    140 posts

@jakeo10 Another gaslighting example would be that they could tell us they don't understand what we're talking about (they do) when we continuously report the respawn rate and issues.

That's pretty close to what they are doing. The respawn issue is pervasive across the game and seems very baked into its Destiny-like nature. Yet, the dev team pleads for additional help to "reproduce" it. So when I said it may be "a bit" of gaslighting, that's what I meant. And I'll remind you that my comment was in response to another post which rightly indicated that dev team has not acknowledged that the respawning issue even exists, let alone whether it is unintended behavior, some sort of bug, or any problem whatsoever. Merely, they are "investigating." And let's be real, it would strain credulity to think the devs shipped the game all the while having no idea this enemy respawning behavior was present. So when they say they are "investigating," I honestly have no idea what that even means.

• Zoopels
    18 posts

I'll also mention that there is currently an ongoing thread about the sound quality issues in AC Valhalla, that was opened shortly after release and a year later the Ubisoft reps in that thread are still telling people that they're "investigating" and asking for bug reports. So there definitely is a precedent for stringing users along for bugs they won't acknowledge as bugs and don't intend to fix.

• Syphadeus
    15 posts

@jakeo10 As mentioned by someone previously, it doesn't take long for an apologist to crop up.

What is your angle on this and what do you get out of making excuses for a multi billion dollar corporation? Do they give you free candy or something? Please don't come to the rescue of all the people reporting this with a definition of gaslighting. It's not necessary. The user you're referring to alleged possible gaslighting and the reason they have given is credible. Ubi are very much taking a stance of not knowing this was a problem and looking into it. Given the number of reports and the wide ranging prevelence of the issue, it is not impossible that the devs didn't know about this, it's just highly improbable.

If I - a lowly player - can pick up on something not being right within 2hrs of playing the game - then how do YOU explain that a product of AAA production value has managed to get through thousands of hours of testing from hundreds of testers without it being noticed? Unless of course they don't invest in testing and the extent of testing the product was not anywhere near that.

See, the thing is, you're trying to defend the indefensible with this because whichever version of events is true is a poor look for the company.

• They know about the issue and knew before releasing and their statements about looking into it are puffery and merely an attempt to make it appear as though they are investigating an issue now that they knew about at launch but didn't want to delay pushing the game out so they could start making money on it. They are gaslighting. Or...
    • They didn't invest enough in testing and bug fixing the game and genuinely didn't know it was an issue, in which case they aren't gaslighting, they are just money grabbing and incompetent.

So take your pick. Either way you aren't winning an argument that defends them.

I resumed my Ubi+ subscription for this and have played 6 hours of the game. I've cancelled it because it's pointless and no fun the way it works. I won't re-sub until this is fixed or another game is released that I'm interested in. Waste of money.

• Jakeo10
    24 posts

@syphadeus You clearly didn't understand my point.

I wasn't defending Ubisoft's development practices nor the state of the game.

What I was challenging was the use of a very serious word - gaslighting - in a situation that doesn't fit the definition.

A someone who deals with victims of gaslighting on a daily basis, I find it incredibly offensive for people to throw the term around so flippantly, especially about something as trivial as a bug in a video game.

I've been unable to play since launch and I am [censored] at Ubisoft for not playtesting the game adequately and for their lack of standards which has led to something as game ruining as the respawn rate being so high. Whether or not it's a bug or intended, we won't ever know unless Ubisoft officially admits it. Either way, it's unacceptable that it's been left like this for so long since launch - should've been hotfixed right away.

Not entirely sure why you're being so overtly hostile given my stance is perfectly reasonable about the use of a very serious term in the wrong context.

You, like the other individual, have failed to provide any proof of gaslighting and it's all based on completely subjective personal opinions about what Ubisoft may or may not have done, have known or did not know. It's ridiculous to throw around such a serious term that is used to describe serious, life ruining behaviours in real life. A video game bug and the way Ubisoft have acted so far in no way constitutes gaslighting. Anyone using the term is being hyperbolic and should be ashamed of themselves to minimise the seriousness of the word by using it to apply to this situation.

Ubisoft haven't denied the existence of the respawning enemies issue. They have been actively seeking more information. The people replying here are most definitely not the QA team. They are at the very least being as polite as possible and are taking the time to reply to everyone they can. I can speak from personal experience that they responded to my support ticket about the respawn issue multiple times asking for more details and videos etc. They have acknowledged on twitter that the respawn issue is being investigated as well.

I cannot see how their behaviour thus far in any way shape or form constitutes the serious nature of gaslighting at all.

I am not defending the state of the game, the development practices of Ubisoft or otherwise. No matter which way you swing it, they [censored] up with this game like many others.

Anyway, not sure why you assume I am shilling for Ubisoft without even taking the time to ask why I am so upset with the use of the term. As someone who was the victim of gaslighting, who now spends their life helping other victims, I find your entire argument offensive.

• Jakeo10
    24 posts
    @jakeo10 Another gaslighting example would be that they could tell us they don't understand what we're talking about (they do) when we continuously report the respawn rate and issues.

That's pretty close to what they are doing. The respawn issue is pervasive across the game and seems very baked into its Destiny-like nature. Yet, the dev team pleads for additional help to "reproduce" it. So when I said it may be "a bit" of gaslighting, that's what I meant. And I'll remind you that my comment was in response to another post which rightly indicated that dev team has not acknowledged that the respawning issue even exists, let alone whether it is unintended behavior, some sort of bug, or any problem whatsoever. Merely, they are "investigating." And let's be real, it would strain credulity to think the devs shipped the game all the while having no idea this enemy respawning behavior was present. So when they say they are "investigating," I honestly have no idea what that even means.

The problem here is that the "Ubisoft employees" replying here don't seem to be a part of the QA team and seem to be generic moderators / community team employees. I think their responses are off a script which makes it seem like they aren't listening sometimes. Or they could be trying to imply the issue isn't there. Who knows. The problem is that we don't know - it's all opinions at this stage. Using a serious term like gaslighting shouldn't be based on a few opinions that don't have any basis in evidence. We can't just assume that they knew about the issue in development - because it may have been considered a feature and that the internal testers liked it. Or maybe they hated it and Ubisoft didn't want to waste time fixing it till post launch. That's the problem with the situation right now. So many possibilities and no proof. We need to wait for the Title Update to see what action they take. If they don't address it and then pretend like the issue doesn't exist, remove all their posts confirming they are investigating etc then the gaslighting angle would hold water but that hasn't happened yet.

As for them asking for help to reproduce the issue:

Whether you believe it or not, this bug is allegedly not happening to everyone. There are thousands of players claiming that the issue isn't as severe for them or that it doesn't occur in the same places for them. I find it hard to believe personally but it wouldn't surprise me if the bug is inconsistent between users in some areas due to different playstyles and other variables.

It is most likely that the testers have been assigned to test the respawn rate in every region reported and these requests for more info are so they can comprehensively list and then investigate the issue in every reported area. I mean, it could just be that the people communicating the request for info so they can "reproduce" the issue misspoke or otherwise. It's hard to say. The bottom line is QA is a time intensive process and they likely want to fix the respawn issue across the board so they are gathering as much player feedback as possible before finishing any fix. After all, I have the respawn issue progression blocking a main mission yet others don't have the same issue.

Clearly there are some caveats to the entire issue otherwise they would've hotfixed it already given the sheer number of complaints.

My personal bottom line is that Ubisoft has sold me the last broken piece of crap at launch that I'll be buying. I won't be picking up any of their future games until a year after release from now on if this is the standard by which they will be releasing games moving forward. It's just despicable to expect paying customers to alpha test their games every single time. What a joke.

• Sleezure
    140 posts

@jakeo10 My personal bottom line is that Ubisoft has sold me the last broken piece of crap at launch that I'll be buying. I won't be picking up any of their future games until a year after release from now on if this is the standard by which they will be releasing games moving forward. It's just despicable to expect paying customers to alpha test their games every single time. What a joke.

On this point, we are in absolute agreement. Ubisoft incinerated its last remaining shreds of faith and goodwill on this one.

• muhammad_91
    1 posts

Its it confirmed that, newly released update didnt fix the issue?

It they dont want to fix it, they could maybe add a slider for enemy respawn?

• Jakeo10
    24 posts

@muhammad_91 It would seem the issue isn't as simple as people assumed or that they wanted to spend more time collecting player reports before they finalise any fix. So many possibilities really.

The upcoming Title Update that is coming out "soon" should be when we get a fix. They are asking everywhere (Twitter, here, Subreddit) for more info regarding the respawn bug and others. So we can assume the Title Update will be it.

I can't see them pushing back a fix unless it's a very difficult problem.

• Jakeo10
    24 posts

@sleezure 100% agree with you. We appear to have the exact same attitude and views regarding Ubisoft and their behaviours the past several years.

Successive games releasing in completely unacceptable, often broken launch states. Bugs that should never make it into a day one build. Performance issues that any playtester would notice immediately and should have been addressed long before the product made it to the customer.

The fact that they would know these games are not of acceptable quality and instead of delaying them to release an acceptable and high quality product on day one they push it out and expect their customers paying TOP DOLLAR to alpha test it. To add insult to injury they often charge insane retail prices for their non standard editions for additional content that should be priced at half the price they charge.

Their half baked, lazy development approach has really [censored] off a huge chunk of their dedicated fanbase. To think this is the same studio that made Assassin's Creed 1 through Revelations...how far they have fallen.

• stolash
    9 posts

Plz i just wanna know. Does ubisoft hired homeless people for testers or how its possible to dont notice THE RESPAWN RATE make this game unplayable !! It nocticed it in 1 hour ! How much your homeless testers did test the game ? Maybe they are blind ? Did your hired blind people for testers ?
    And second question. How many weeks after realese you need to fix this respawn rate because its 3 weeks now. Do such a big company like ubisoft need more ?

• vitcons
    1 posts

I think I understood the issue. You cannot kill all enemies on the enemy territory if you dont have a mission on this territory. Enemies in this case do almost Immediate infinite respawn. For example there is a viviro factory on the very first island. You just cannot go to this area and clear it. You only can do it when you are on the mission to clean up this territory and during the mission you can normally clear this territory. It seems the World in not that open as you may expect. You tighten to follow the scenario. I think this is a main issue. You cannot do anything what you want in terms of enemy areas elimination. I took me 3 hours to undersood that. I tried to clean up the viviro factory zillion times and ofcause never won. I read comments and I think in many cases beginner players are trying to do the same.
    Maybe there is another bug with quick respawn, but I only found this game behavior.

Hope that helps the clean up some issues with similar situations on the map.

• Assassiiinuss
    3 posts

@vitcons It happens during missions, too - several people have posted video evidence of that here in this thread.

• ArthusDrake
    4 posts

Hello,

Same problems of respawn for me, even on missions. Last one I did yesterday is the one you have to clean the 2 boats to escape the island, I've been sneaky all the way destroyed the 3 alarms on each boat, but on the second boat after having destroyed those alarms, I got myself seen and somehow, instantly, new red "clouds" appeared on the minimap. I had spotted all the enemies before, so I suppose it's a bug, or the npc that were sleeping on the boat :D.

Suggested Topics