Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Je5ter007
    13 posts

@l-renouncer-l I posted a few pages back that I don't have a problem if Ubi would just put this one to bed once and for all. Its either by design or was somehow missed in QA (god only knows how) and needs rectifying..... I also stated that those who love the "chaos" approach were much less likely to notice this mechanic - because you're not really planning your kill strategy / infil/exfil

The fact that they keep stringing the player base along with "we're looking into it" posts only suggests to me they realise its out of balance but don't know yet how to address it without spending serious man hours on patching (man hours that could be/are being put to work churning out more DLC)

IMO the balance is totally out of whack for a game that proposes "stealth" is an option by way of stealth like mechanics (such as gear buffs, stance based sightlines, alarms that can be disabled etc) - in reality your options are "run in - go loud" or "sneak in - go loud".

I get it that some players want the chaos - when I play these "open world" type games I tend to mix things up a bit - however, giving players the illusion of being able to play it "your way" was only going to rile people up who wanted the "stealth only" experience.

As @Sleezure said - its not all or nothing. Just tweak the spawn in timer/range to player. If you want an all out firefight - there's a heat mechanic they could really ramp up - but if you don't trigger heat then the game should react so - not just pop back in that sniper you killed 2 minutes ago and made the "mistake" of walking 60 paces away from. As for being unfair on AI - there are plenty of games that punish bad stealth play.... debuff stealth based gear to make the player extra squishy is just one way....decent "hunting" AI is another.

It'll probably never get fixed - but as I was only 14% in I figured I'd stop playing so as to not ruin the experience it "could be" in the hope they re-align things. If that never happens - and I've deemed it still worthy of SSD space in 6 months, I may just fire it up again and set my expectations for a fire and fury run.

• DaWu11
    8 posts

Here is a map of all the location who have this problem. I hope this helps you UBISOFT to iron out this very hard to find bug. Good luck!

• landl0rd88
    1 posts

In my last playthrough I killed about 8-9 snipers in the same spots on an airfield, I didn't exit the area or die, just moved along the airstrip back and forth and all of the sudden the snipers respawned and respawned and respawned.... what the actual fudge Ubisoft?

• Sleezure
    111 posts

@squienigma The ammo system absolutely sucks. You can hump around an entire arsenal and wardrobe wherever you go. But if you want to nock a different arrow or load a different type of bullet into one of the myriad guns you're carrying....ohhh no....you need a "workbench" for that.

• l-renouncer-l
    54 posts

@je5ter007

Again, I have no problems achieving any stealth outcomes. Perhaps it's all about technique or the stealth mechanic is just not understood by some players. I do admit that the re-spawn antics are often "unrealistic", but...come on.... who plays FarCry for the realism?

I don't remember FarCry 6 advertised as a "play your way" game. Sure, past installments were, but not this one. While I don't like this new change ( I prefer "play your way"), I won't ask them to change 6. Instead, I'll ask them to NOT bring it back in 7. (God, I miss the skill tree)

However, there is a mechanic already built in that probably addresses things like this. In the very beginning of the game, before you start, you're given the option of putting the game on "Easy" to allow players to focus on the story and less combat. This would probably help a lot of the players on this thread who are having such extreme difficulty. Such as @jackeo10 who went as far to suggest he wanted to only fight enemies once and hour. Can you even imagine a game like that?

Actually, that may be why UbiSoft hasn't responded. They built that option already.

In the end, I appreciate your opinion(s). They actually made sense compared to others.
    ~peace~

• Sammarok
    161 posts

@landl0rd88 Exactly, I killed a sniper in an airfield too, turned my camera to look at a building and noticed the sniper re-spawned, the very same sniper I killed a second ago. Killed him again, turned my camera to spot another enemy, and bam, sniper spawns again at the exact same spot in less than a second. I am not even moving, just turning the camera.

• Squienigma
    9 posts
  • Squienigma
    9 posts

@sleezure Exactly! It's absolute garbage!!

• RedDwarfer198
    2 posts

In the larger towns this is an issue still. In an area that is not a restricted area I killed one enemy when another one was literally spawning right behind me and I hadn't moved. I had to stand there for second to wait for the guy to spawn so I could kill him and lo and behold another one spawned right behind me again! I am all for more enemies, but I would like more than 5 seconds between spawns....

• RedDwarfer198
    2 posts

@l-renouncer-l
    I had no problem with the stealth parts but when you are trying to do a story/mission and enemies just spawn literally right next to you every few seconds it does hamper gameplay just a bit..

I by no means want it too easy but a few minute respawn rate would be great.

• l-renouncer-l
    54 posts

@reddwarfer198
    I hear ya. That would annoy me as well. But I've never had that happen during my time playing. Perhaps this is an actual bug, then. A bug I'm not experiencing. The enemies always re-spawn a distance away from me in my game. And they don't start immediately attacking as some have mentioned.

I guess we'll see what happens with this.

take care
    ~peace~

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@je5ter007 I guarantee they will end up locking and closing this thread once the mods get annoyed like with the blurry textures thread. That went up to 60 pages with no resolution and the mod simply locked the thread because they didn't require any more information and a fix was planned but with no ETA. By the time the game breaking issues are fixed, I expect you could get this game for $20 on sale. Time and time again proves NEVER BUY GAMES AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AFTER THEY HAVE LAUNCHED. See Battlefield 2042, GTA Remastered Trilogy, Cyberpunk 2077, Deathloop. Stop buying their games on launch so they won't treat you as beta testers

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@l-renouncer-l The respawning completely removes any sort of "achievement" feel from the game. I see a base with 3-4 guys and I meticulously plan my route in such a way as to be stealthy and securing it. If they respawn the moment I shift my mouse, it defeats the purpose of planning in the first place. I should just run in, grab the objective and run out as I know they will respawn in 2 mins anyway, whats the point.

Its the reason I hated Just Cause 4. In JC3, when you liberated a base by blowing [censored] up, it stayed that way throughout the entirety of the game and you felt rewarded seeing the blown up canisters and bases across the map at the end. In JC4, they just respawned which completely eliminated the point of base liberation and the game was recieved terribly on Steam. You would think these AAA publishers and devs don't even play their own games before launch nowadays. Both this and the blurry textures issue on PC are readily apparent within just an hour of playing the game. Its clear this is a rushed product.

• scotty569
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney the worst I have come across so far is costa del Mar which is very early in the game, giving me little hope for the remainder. I have tried to stealth on the "clear the air" mission which is impossible because the enemy's just keep returning after killing them. This really is a game wrecker for me!

• Syphadeus
    14 posts

@I-renouncer-I

I see contributors like yourself as quite problematic. If you do not have an issue with this, then what are you adding to the conversation by throwing in your own personal experience. Let me answer for you; nothing.

The manner in which you refer to this suggests you don’t see this as being a bug and haven’t encountered it. Bully for you. Lots of players have. If you want proof, watch the myriad videos of it. Are you blind to those? Do they look like normal in game behaviour for a shooter game engine?

It is not a difficulty argument. Nobody is asking for an easy mode or even complaining that the game is too hard. We’re saying that this issue makes the game unplayable for several reasons.

Quite frankly, your response is just damaging the legitimacy of this and making it sound as though it isn’t a problem. If it isn’t a problem for you then why don’t you kindly involve yourself somewhere your contributions might actually help someone or get on with enjoying the game? Plopping yourself into the middle of a contentious point of discussion with your experience is at best misguided and at worst rubbing peoples noses in it and not helping our wholly legitimate case that this game is garbage the way it’s currently set up.

• l-renouncer-l
    54 posts

@syphadeus
    It seems I've hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intentions considering I wasn't speaking to you. But unfortunately, it has been done.
    It's odd you think my lone opinion has the weight to compromise the "legitimacy" of a forum post. Umm... thanks for the high praise??

I have enjoyed the game quite a bit, actually. Hence why I have not posted anything about it being too hard or difficult and even finished it in it's entirety despite the fact that you say it's "unplayable". In case you missed it, that's what this thread is mostly about. That's why I suggested the "easy" mode option. That suggestion IS a contribution and legitimate solution. Apparently you found it offensive. That sounds like a personal issue and definitely does not belong in this technical-related thread.
    Perhaps it would just be better for some player to have developers re-label "easy" mode to "normal" to avoid bruised egos.

Thanks again for the compliment.
    ~peace~

• Syphadeus
    14 posts

@l-renouncer-l

Come on, please, don’t flatter yourself. You haven’t offended me, I’m merely pointing out that your contribution to this topic is negative. The smarm present in your reply just highlights that you are exactly the type of person I pegged you as.

Undoubtedly this is an issue with the mechanics of the game. They’re set incorrectly. This issue does not appear in any other game of this type, at least not to the degree seen here where it is patently obvious and affecting player engagement and enjoyment.

Now, does it affect all players? No. You? No. Me? Yes. A statistically relevant number of players? Yes.

Therefore what you’re suggesting (that we stick the game on easy mode) is not acceptable. Does that work? Does that ramp down the spawn rate of enemies? Does it prevent enemies respawning near instantly in the game’s renderer and the player’s vision cone? No. It is not a solution. Nor is it something that any player should have to do in order to make a product that is broken, workable.

Your position can only be interpreted one way, which is that Ubisoft doesn’t need to do anything and that because you personally are not affected by this, there is no problem. I’m not flattering to deceive you. I’m not flattering you at all. I’m not offended by you, merely pointing out that your contributions to this are not useful, and that maybe your time could be better spent elsewhere? You’re free to do what you like of course. I haven’t posted on here to stroke anyone’s ego or to offend anyone, I would just like to see Far Cry 6 working properly, which at the moment is objectively not the case, regardless what you think.

• LeaDenLilleHeks
    2 posts

I have stopped playing this otherwise really fine game due to this issue alone.

It is very lazy design - that is for sure; it puzzles me how they can spend so much effort on graphics design, cut scenes actors and much more .. and then be this lazy on a core element of the game-flow.

Lesson learned read reviews after the game has been out for at least a week before you put down your money.

• Sleezure
    111 posts
    I have stopped playing this otherwise really fine game due to this issue alone.

It is very lazy design - that is for sure; it puzzles me how they can spend so much effort on graphics design, cut scenes actors and much more .. and then be this lazy on a core element of the game-flow.

Lesson learned read reviews after the game has been out for at least a week before you put down your money.

That's really what adds a level of frustration to the disappointment: There is some real artistry in Far Cry 6, but it's all just wasted by a laundry list of boneheaded design choices that suck all of the potential fun and enjoyment out of the whole affair. Far Cry 5 was disappointing, to be sure, but that was a case of its systems not quite working right or fitting together in a fully satisfying or cohesive way. All Far Cry 6 needed to do was iterate, improve, and refine all those things in Far Cry 5 that fell short. That would have made for an awesome game. Instead, the developers went down all the wrong directions where gameplay is concerned, and it made Far Cry 6 into a low-rent chimera of other games. If I wanted to play Just Cause, I'd play Just Cause. If I wanted to play Destiny, I'd play Destiny. If I wanted to play Borderlands, I'd play Borderlands. What I came to Far Cry 6 for was a Far Cry experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem like Ubisoft is particularly passionate about being in the Far Cry business anymore.

• Jakeo10
    24 posts

@l-renouncer-l I don't think anyone here is suggesting enemy Respawns should be turned off.

What we want is a sensible approach. The enemies should not respawn until the player either travels a certain distance away (1km or so), reloads the game OR a certain timer elapses (30mins-1hr). Most other open world games have enemies respawn shortly after you fully leave the area which would be an acceptable middle ground.

Suggested Topics