ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@ubi-thrupney If the devs believe the game is "currently in a good spot," then it would seem that the issue is closed. The devs are happy and proud of their new enemy-respawn system (never mind that Rook Island, Kyrat, Hope County, etc. also felt "alive and dangerous" without said system), so it would appear that this thread only exists as no-cost QA to help the devs explore very minor tweaks to the new system, as the devs do not intend to change things in any real, substantive, or fundamental way.

So why couldn't the devs simply say, "working as intended" from the start? What was so damn hard about that? Why all this non-communication from the development team when the rate of enemy respawns is clearly something the devs think is just oh-so great for the game? This entire pointless exercise in gaslighting was almost as frustrating as having my refund request denied.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thanks for confirming you guys are still looking into this. I am seeing this in multiple red dotted bases but as an example, I have attached a YouTube video of my gameplay at the FND Radar Bunker area in the Aguas Lindas area of Madrugada, where I am quite literally going around in circles shooting respawning enemies

Sorry for the 7 minute long video (its a bit long) but I felt it was important to show the dev team how game breaking this issue is. As you can see, I am on a stealth playthrough and I spent approx. 4 minutes meticulously clearing out the area only for this to be entirely undone in the next 3 minutes. The sniper on the tower respawned 3 times, while the one on the building 2 times. The guards at the entrance of the base respawned twice and when I went back to the tower for the third time, there were 2 completely new enemies which had spawned when there was no alarm raised at all.

I could literally keep doing this for 60 minutes on a loop and this is just 1 area. I will continue recording footage and post in this thread but it seems to me the issue affects the entire map.

This is very frustrating and I wish you guys would include a blanket setting where we can tone down these respawns across all regions of the game. Yara must feel alive and deadly I agree, but at the very least tone down the respawns at least until the player has exited 1-2 miles away from the enemy red dotted areas.

• Umbrella-UC
    6 posts

@bladerunner4077

I don't play this game anymore because of this issue especially since I like to play stealth.

and ubisoft fail to understand that it is happening everywhere and not just in specific places.

it's like playing Call of Duty in multiplayer.

buying a game for 100 euros and not being able to play it is unacceptable.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@umbrella-uc At least the Call of Duty enemies are somewhat challenging and the AI is not this dumb

• Dustin1280
    6 posts

How is this still confusing, to you guys and the devs.
    The respawn rate is NOT working as intended it is FLAT OUT BROKEN.

It doesn't matter where you are in the world, respawn rate in ANY location (but particularly ANY "restricted" areas) is broken. You want a specific location? How about EVERY SINGLE RESTRICTED LOCATION IN THE GAME.

Stealth is a huge pain in the [censored] in this game because every single time I try to clear out the base stealthily a sniper respawned in a tower somewhere (even if I killed him already).

The ONLY way to play this game right now that doesn't involve a MASSIVE headache, is guns blazing because your respawn seems to be based on line of sight and not location/proximity.

I am going to re-iterate, this happens EVERYWHERE this is a CORE problem with your respawn system, not a "patch each location individually." If you play this game for 1 hour and visit ANY restricted based you will see what we are talking about. How you guys still fail to understand the problem is beyond me.

I am about to quit playing this game because of this nonsense.

EDIT: Also this isn't about difficulty, it's about stealth being possible but a massive headache because you need to kill the same enemies more then once in the same location without even leaving the location in the first place. Then if you take more then 2-3 minutes (not having left the restricted are mind you) to collect various containers and resources, you have to kill the same guys you just killed 3 minutes ago. All the current system does is discourage stealth because it will be faster and more efficient to go in guns blazing and wipe out everything in short order (rather than taking a bit more time trying to be strategic and stealthing an entire base)

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@dustin1280 I have already shown them a video above. If they don’t fix it, it’s just a case of you can force a horse to come to the pond, but you can’t make it drink the water.

• PSYCHOxxx69
    5 posts

@ubi-thrupney it happens everywhere whole FC6 map is fast enemy respawn and i hate playing like this pls give us fix ASAP its almost 2 months like that 😢

• Jakeo10
    24 posts

@ubi-thrupney You do realise that asking me to list locations would be asking me to literally list nearly EVERY restricted area in the game?

No one is asking for your dev team to turn off Respawns.

What we are asking for, PLEASE, is to change the enemy respawn radius & time to respawn for every restricted area so that they do not respawn while you are still within the area.

I will try to make this simple for your Dev teams to understand:

Enemies have NEVER respawned like this in any Far Cry game except Far Cry 2. It is universally hated in FC2 to this day.

The enemies, when killed in a restricted zone (anti aircraft or other secure area that can't be taken over), should only respawn once you are a certain distance away (say 1km in game) or even just have them Respawn when you die, reload the game etc.

Enemies SHOULD NOT respawn while we are trying to kill them all in an area. NPC enemies respawning just because I turn around is absurd. Not other good game does this other than MMOs and Call of Duty like games where non stop enemy waves is a game mode.

Please...just please listen.

We just want enemies to respawn when we leave the vicinity. They shouldn't be able to reappear 10m behind us when we are trying to clear a restricted zone.

I just don't get your Dev teams mindset. No one is asking for respawn rates to be turned off. We just want a similar respawn system as Far Cry 3/4/5 where you can clear areas temporarily and enemies respawn when you leave.

• The_Sherrif
    5 posts

@jakeo10 Thank you for explaining it so well! The Devs simply don't seem to care. This game is unplayable like this, it's a waste of money. I get that the Devs aren't happy at Ubisoft, but they don't have to take it out on the players.

• Callidus80
    1 posts
    @bladerunner4077

I don't play this game anymore because of this issue especially since I like to play stealth.

and ubisoft fail to understand that it is happening everywhere and not just in specific places.

it's like playing Call of Duty in multiplayer.

buying a game for 100 euros and not being able to play it is unacceptable.

Just uninstalled the game for the same reason. Shame.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2836 posts

Hey there @bladerunner4077 , thanks very much for getting this video across to me. I can see how it clearly shows enemies respawning unusually while you are there trying to capture the base, and that will be very useful for our teams to see, to help them with the investigation.

Thanks again for recording this and sending it across - I really appreciate it!

For everyone else, just to be clear, we agree that there is an issue here for us to look at. The best way for us to do this is with specific examples of the issue. Even if it's an issue that seems like it is happening everywhere, we'd nonetheless appreciate you telling us your experiences at a specific place - where were you, and what sort of respawns were you experiencing at that specific place? This is actionable feedback, which is ideal for getting this looked at.

Please let me know if I can further clarify this at all.

Official Response
  • The_Sherrif
    5 posts

@ubi-thrupney I get it that you want very specific information. However, the only actionable feedback I can give you is that the only time this DIDN'T happen for me was during the 'Blood Ties' mission where I needed to take out everyone in the restricted area before the mission could advance. Then the game behaved like it should and enemies didn't randomly respawn. I can't give you more information because I stopped playing the game because it's so broken.

It's a very easy issue to recreate - just play the game. Or just search on youtube - you'll find ample examples there.

• Dustin1280
    6 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    The problem, is this can be EASILY reproduced at every single restricted area in the game. The only exception seems to be bases that you can actually take over, those appear to have proper spawning in them. If you want I can name every single restricted location in the game for your "specific examples."
    Just search youtube "farcry 6 respawn" and you will see tons of results.

-- in this one he didn't even leave the yellow area and things respawn WHILE he was clearing it

-- here is a ridiculous example of him just circling a base and getting constant respawns.

This can be reproduced ANYWHERE this is NOT a "patch each specific location" individually thing...

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

It looks like I will have to keep Geforce experience overlay active when running the game as I will need to record every 5-10 mins xD

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@ubi-thrupney What exactly is the "issue," as you and the dev team understand it? You've already stated that enemy respawns are "in a good place." How is this matter not settled then?

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thanks. Here is another video I recorded of a red dotted area where the sniper keeps respawning on a loop literally every time I turn my back. The area doesn't have a name but I have shown the map location in the video

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Enemies respawning whilst in the middle of enemy bases should not be considered normal behaviour. Location based enemies should only respawn when players are well away from them or on death.

Random encounters and spawns in the wild seem fine, it's spawns associated with specific bases that should be tweaked across all locations.

I'm struggling to understand why the team thinks this is working as intended, if that's so then that indicates a bigger issue with design and designers and their understanding of what players expect in their gameplay.

Take a look at Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Fenyx Rising, The Division or any of your other open world titles and speak to the teams to understand the problem and what good looks like.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences regarding high enemy respawn rates, and for letting us know the specific issues wherein this happens in-game. Rest assured that we are forwarding all of the reports shared with us for further investigation by the development team.

The development team are taking a closer look at where high enemy respawn rate occurs, which is why we request that you provide us with as precise information as possible when sharing your reports about this issue. In particular, the development team are looking for specific locations or missions where the enemy respawn rate feels high. This information could help the team to find any bugs or areas that might not have the right tuning. You can read more of their statement below:

We want to continue to investigate specific locations and situations, instead of a blanket change to enemy respawn rates. Yara should feel alive and dangerous, and we think that overall, it’s currently in a good spot. We are however aware that there are certain instances where it may feel overwhelming and repetitive, and that's where we need your help!

If you have more than one location to share, please don't hesitate to let us know. Additionally, the development team have requested for videos that demonstrate the high enemy respawn rate happening in these areas. If you could provide these with your report, that would be very helpful.

When sharing your report, please can you ensure that you have uploaded a recent version of your save file to the Cloud, as the development team can also use these as part of the ongoing investigation. This support article can show you how to upload your save to the Cloud.

@Sleezure - The development team have already made specific fixes to José's Island and Martínez (Philly's) Airstrip. These are two areas that got reported quite frequently, and internal tests verified that something was off. We are aware that there could be other locations like these that might not have the right tuning. This is why we're interested in collecting information regarding specific locations for further testing.

@Bladerunner4077 - Thanks for sharing a video that shows that sniper respawning infinitely, and for including the location of the area on the map! This is very helpful for further investigation. I've now passed this along to the team for a closer look. Would you be able to upload a copy of your save file to the Cloud as well? We can then include this in your report.

@vahndaar - You mention that you've experienced this high respawn whilst in the middle of enemy bases. Can you let us know which specific bases you've experienced this issue in?

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • viggenras
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis how can you answer like this when you know it is all the locations in the game?????

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @viggenras!

As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team would like to continue investigating specific locations and situations, instead of implementing a blanket change to enemy respawn rates. If you can provide us with specific areas where enemy respawn rate seems high, please can you share these locations with us within this thread? We can then pass this along to the development team for further testing. Additionally, please include any videos that showcase the high respawn rate in these specified locations, as these are helpful for the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics