ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sleezure
    136 posts

@viggenras The dev team feels enemy respawns are "currently in a good spot."

That is your answer. The system is working as intended. The real question, now, is why is does this charade continue when it would seem that the issue is settled?

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-borealis I have uploaded my most recent save file to the cloud. Please let me know if it isn't visible on your end?

• Syphadeus
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis Yes, you mentioned that the dev team feels that generally the enemy respawn is "in a good spot". The issue here really is that nobody in this thread agrees with them. It's a farce.

Tell you what - since the dev team are taking individual location reports, they must be playing those areas of the game to test out and understand the issue. Why don't THE DEV TEAM post some YouTube videos of them expertly playing the game so that us plebs, who clearly don't know what we want, can see how we're supposed to be playing the game? I'd be super interested to see any such footage because, undoubtedly, there'd be nary a trace of excessive enemy spawning right? Because all of this is imagined and we're the ones with the issue not the game?

Being completely frank about it, the response the dev team have given is nothing short of insulting. If the whole point is to listen to players then may I ask...why aren't you? Your players are telling you that you spawn system is broken and they're not smoking anything, they're absolutely bang on. It's a complete mess and a waste of time playing FC6.

I'm so glad I didn't buy it and that all it cost me was a month of Ubi+ because the game is hot trash in its current state. Stringing paying customers along like this to deliver absolutely nothing after over 2 months post release is disgusting. Presumably all of the dev team are blind or live in a hut without internet access because all the evidence and reports on this that they could ever possibly need are plastered all over YT, linked to and embedded in multiple posts in this topic or have been detailed more than adequately. Guys... you've got memes. When you got memes, you got problems. How you approach resolving them is what defines how good and worthy you are and your approach is to ignore and gaslight. Says it all.

• Dustin1280
    6 posts

Ok, so at this point it is absolutely clear to me that the devs actually LIKE the fact that enemy's respawn WHILE you are in a red zone. To them this is "working as intended." Apparently enemies respawning WHILE you are in a base zone is 100% intentional.

Ultimately this means that stealth is a pointless exercise in frustration because while it's totally possible still, it is FAR less work just going in guns blazing and taking things out much more quickly and efficiently. That way you can "beat the spawnrate" so when enemies ultimately respawn in the base you are currently clearing out, you will have already been mostly done with it and you don't have to waste time stealth-killing the enemies that inevitably respawn.

Whelp, looks like I am done with Farcry 6 as the devs have made their intentions and thoughts 100% clear in this topic.

I haven't seen such a pathetic dev response since Dawn of War 3.

I will have to make sure to be more cautious of my purchases with ubisoft in the future so I don't end up wasting my money like I did with Farcry 6.
    I won't ask for a refund, it was my fault as the consumer for trusting ubisoft and buying this game before I did more research. Lesson learned.

• ArthusDrake
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for that clarification for the devs, at least now we know this respawn thing wont be fixed globally and that means I wont pay 15€/month anymore to you guys, just unsubed from the Ubisoft+, lost too much from my time to this.

• DaWu11
    8 posts

In 2025 that UBI guy will copy paste the same info in this thread that the devs are looking into it. Yeah cool. Buy some glasses

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2206 posts

Hey there everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback regarding this. I understand that this may not be the answer that some of you were hoping for, and I want to apologise for any dissatisfaction that this may have generated. I want to assure you that, while yes, the team will not be making a blanket change to enemy respawn rates, we will investigate every individual location reported and adjust them if needed. 

If you have more than one location to share, please do not hesitate to let us know. We additionally will require videos that demonstrate the high enemy respawn rate happening in these areas. If you could provide these with your report, that would be very helpful, and we will forward it all on to the team and update you when possible. 

As mentioned by my colleagues previously, when you share your report, please can you ensure that you have uploaded a recent version of your save file to the Cloud, as the development team can also use these as part of the ongoing investigation. This support article can show you how to upload your save to the Cloud.

@Bladerunner4077 - Hey there! I have checked this from my end and I can confirm that this save has been uploaded successfully, thank you.

I want to reiterate that we want to help and will investigate these reports further. However, we must treat each area individually to ensure the correct changes are made. If anyone has further questions regarding this, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Jakeo10
    24 posts

Okay everyone, let's all go to every restricted area, making video recordings of the EXACT SAME ISSUE in each zone and send the videos and report to the Devs.

I hope you like actioning hundreds of reports Ubisoft because that's what will happen now. It's beyond a joke how pathetic your responses have been and it's insulting to long term Ubisoft customers who are raising valid complaints about the game.

Just because the masses of call of duty endless wave zombie players like infinite enemy respawns doesn't mean the rest of us do.

So everyone, maybe we can work together to split the restricted zones between us so we can fill this thread and also upload official support tickets with ubisoft repeatedly until they fix every single area.

What does everyone think is the best way to split the workload?

• moznessk
    8 posts

@ubi-gizmo Before people send anymore videos, can we get an update on all those other videos we shared on your social threads like reddit, twitter etc. The reason people are frustrated is because in the last two months we feel like we are being taken for a ride. We send videos and we get zero updates. I feel like we are in a constant loop and getting nowhere fast. Since the game launched the devs have fixed TWO small sections of the map despite the many videos that have been shared by the community. A simple google search on your end will confirm this.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@jakeo10 It really seems like an excuse which they came up with because for some reason tweaking the respawn rate requires them to individually do it every single restricted area on the map which would take them months. There is no magical master switch which can fix it for all locations at one go. Now they know no one will make videos on every single restricted location so they can get away with it.

If we want to catch them, this should be posted on Reddit and all the 100s of restricted areas allocated among users who will post 100 videos on YouTube which we can post here to get rid of this excuse once and for all

• Je5ter007
    13 posts

Aaaannnddd..... thats that.

Well done Ubi, you took 2 months of dragging your customer base up and down the garden path to ultimately say....

"This is working as intended".

I will thank you for finally allowing me to save 60+GB of storage as I can now happily uninstall with no fear I'd be missing out on a polished experience further down the line.

Glad it was a "freebie" with my Ryzen else I'd be proper p'eed off right now. To those who did pay for it - remember and vote with your wallet next time a Ubi title drops that you're interested in.

It would have been easy to say: "Thank you for your feedback but we feel respawns are working exactly as designed" - thats that. Page 1. Done.

I can only assume the reason for your apparent fake interest and elongated response time was to string as many customers past the refund point as possible.

Change my mind.

• Dustin1280
    6 posts

Honestly, it's laughable how the devs think the respawns "are in a good spot" when you have posts like this topic and these:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/search?q=respawn&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

The devs clearly have no intention of fixing the issue and actually like the fact that enemies respawn while you are in a redzone near immediately.
    Time for me to move on as wasting any more time in this topic would be a completely pointless endeavor.

• closedmouth
    49 posts

@dustin1280

Wasting anymore time on this game is a pathetic endeavor. The millenial devs that work for ubisoft took our money and ran. they're laughing at us for expecting them to fix anything. so because they hate their boss and their job, they punish us instead of looking for another job. fantastic people working at ubisoft!

• Sleezure
    136 posts
    Hey there everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback regarding this. I understand that this may not be the answer that some of you were hoping for, and I want to apologise for any dissatisfaction that this may have generated. I want to assure you that, while yes, the team will not be making a blanket change to enemy respawn rates, we will investigate every individual location reported and adjust them if needed. 

If you have more than one location to share, please do not hesitate to let us know. We additionally will require videos that demonstrate the high enemy respawn rate happening in these areas. If you could provide these with your report, that would be very helpful, and we will forward it all on to the team and update you when possible. 

As mentioned by my colleagues previously, when you share your report, please can you ensure that you have uploaded a recent version of your save file to the Cloud, as the development team can also use these as part of the ongoing investigation. This support article can show you how to upload your save to the Cloud.

@Bladerunner4077 - Hey there! I have checked this from my end and I can confirm that this save has been uploaded successfully, thank you.

I want to reiterate that we want to help and will investigate these reports further. However, we must treat each area individually to ensure the correct changes are made. If anyone has further questions regarding this, please let us know.

TL;DR: "Working as intended."

The only question is, why didn't the developers disclose this before the game launched, then jerk us around and obfuscate the issue for two months post-launch?

And yes, "dissatisfaction" certainly is one way of putting it, especially when you're denying refund requests on top of it all.

• hotfeetinmotion
    49 posts

you don't need to scour every area and post videos of every enemy. ubisoft was a faceless corporation only interested in taking your money. now they have a mask and it is Giancarlo Esposito. Target him and you will find traction. This thread is the definition of insanity. Find Giancarlo find your answer.

• VIPERM123
    3 posts

Sooooo I'm guessing this bug still isn't fixed....ive hardly played the game still like in the beginning because of this......so frustrating 😡😡😡

• Viviana1975
    1 posts

I have been playing with FC6 on Xbox One for one week now and I have experienced the high rate respawning of enemies across all maps I played. It is everywhere, whenever you try to take over red dotted/restricted areas or whenever you are not following the main campaign objectives. As soon as you move a few feet away after killing them all, if you turn around or go back to check for crates or other things they are all back there the same position, doing the same things as if you never conquered the place in the first instance and no matter how carefully you planned your attack. You quickly run out of ammunitions since you have to keep fighting them non stop. So in the end I have to leave the place feeling really frustrated, thinking what is the point of going there if there is no way you can conquer it eventually. It is super disappointing as you never feel you achieved to fully overtake the different parts of the map as you could in previous Far Cry entries. This is insane and totally ruin the game experience and the purpose of the game. If it does not get fixed I want my money back!!
    PLEASE FIX IT ONCE FOR ALL

• CuckyBlokebird
    4 posts

@razielkanos yeah this is just unacceptable. I'm just rage playing the game now. Hating every second, but forcing it down because i payed my hard earned money for it. I really should just get a re-fund, but I was so looking forward to this game, and the environment is so cool and beautiful.

My most memorable respawn story: I was in the tobacco plantation, sneaking about, climbed a watch-tower to see a sniper in an adjacent watch tower. I killed them, great fun. Then look away for 2 seconds, and bam they're back. I did this 3 or 4 more times, until the tears welled in my eyes, and moved on.

PS. oh and then this in the same area: I kill a guard holding a civilian. The civ just kept awkwardly screaming, not acknowledging the death of her captor. I stood there watching for ages, then tried to break the loop anyway i could. In the end I had to kill her just to put her and myself out of our misery.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@cuckyblokebird If you are on PC, just use geforce experiece or windows game bar recording to record and post it here. As many clips as you can. They are insisting they will only fix specific areas so we may as well take what we can get

• CuckyBlokebird
    4 posts

@bladerunner4077 ok no worries, i havn't recorded a game before because im an old man but ill give it a go with windows game bar.

Suggested Topics