ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Haven't played this for weeks now due to this single issue. Like others I thought this would be a simple fix but it would seem the dev team consider the base behaviour of respawning all over the place to be better than actually allowing players to clear locations.

This completely ruins the experience.

And for Ubi reps who keep asking for specific examples - as many have said this issue is everywhere. All you need to do is change the respawn distance to between 2 and 5 times what it is now and that would instantly fix the problem. It's a single number that needs changed.

The respawn behaviour in Far Cry respawns and recycles enemies between 50 and 100m away.

For reference, in Ghost Recon Breakpoint the respawn distance is between 800 and 900m.

That right there is the problem and it is staggering that the team can't see or acknowledge this issue properly.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5802 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the investigation into the enemy respawn rate you have encountered whilst playing Far Cry 6. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences regarding this issue, as these are very helpful when examining this behaviour in-game. When sharing your experiences, please provide as much information as possible, such as the locations where you've experienced a high enemy respawn, or if a particular enemy seems to be respawning more frequently. We can then ensure that your report is added to the relevant investigation.

Currently, the development team are investigating high enemy respawn rate in the following locations:

• Enemies respawn too quickly in Tobacco Valley
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Costa Del Mar
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Acunana Farmland
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Savannah Fields
    • Enemies respawn too quickly at FND Radio Bunker
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in restricted area between Palma Springs and Oasis Plains
    • Animal enemies respawn too quickly in-game.

If you are experiencing a high enemy respawn rate in another location, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Where does this happen? Please provide the specific location, and if this happens during a specific Operation.
    • Can you provide us with a video that shows your exact location on the map, as well as the respawn rate being too high in this location.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. Additionally, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud? This support article can show you how to do this. We can then forward these new reports to the development team for further investigation.

@nikdbeli & @The_Sherrif - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing enemy vehicles respawning into the world at a high rate. Do you have any videos that demonstrate this behaviour in-game? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Dustin1280
    6 posts
    Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the investigation into the enemy respawn rate you have encountered whilst playing Far Cry 6. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences regarding this issue, as these are very helpful when examining this behaviour in-game. When sharing your experiences, please provide as much information as possible, such as the locations where you've experienced a high enemy respawn, or if a particular enemy seems to be respawning more frequently. We can then ensure that your report is added to the relevant investigation.

Currently, the development team are investigating high enemy respawn rate in the following locations:
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Tobacco Valley
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Costa Del Mar
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Acunana Farmland
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in Savannah Fields
    • Enemies respawn too quickly at FND Radio Bunker
    • Enemies respawn too quickly in restricted area between Palma Springs and Oasis Plains
    • Animal enemies respawn too quickly in-game.

If you are experiencing a high enemy respawn rate in another location, please can you provide us with the following information:
    • Where does this happen? Please provide the specific location, and if this happens during a specific Operation.
    • Can you provide us with a video that shows your exact location on the map, as well as the respawn rate being too high in this location.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. Additionally, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud? This support article can show you how to do this. We can then forward these new reports to the development team for further investigation.

@nikdbeli & @The_Sherrif - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing enemy vehicles respawning into the world at a high rate. Do you have any videos that demonstrate this behaviour in-game? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thank you 🙂

You guys are just the worst. This was the last Ubisoft game I will ever buy simply because I trusted the company...
    I can no longer trust ubisoft will make good decisions with new games and support in the future, I am going to have to vet every single game you release so I don't waste my money going forward.

• Sleezure
    136 posts

@dustin1280 The deception and obfuscation before the game launched followed by the disrespect and gaslighting post-launch really has soured everything.

• Je5ter007
    13 posts

Happy New Year! Just checking in to see if this farce continues to rumble on.

[Reads last couple of pages].....

At least Ubi can be relied on for a consistent approach to customer service....

I'm honestly not sure what's worse, your QA or PR dept....

Still....at least those NFT sales are going well..... 👌

• Umbrella-UC
    6 posts
    Ubisoft should pay those who do the work of their testers (if they have any) at least they will get back the money they gave for nothing for the game

• Cory681
    1 posts

The mechanics of difficulty seem to allow for enemies to spontaneously appear very close to you. I clear out an area turn the other way and then when I turn back around there is another enemy right there firing at me. WTH! This has happened several times. I wish your difficulty management was a little more natural, some areas just feel like pointless slogs.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3723 posts

Hi @cory681 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the enemy respawn rate.

I can confirm that other players have reported this and the development team are investigating.

When talking to our community about respawn rates in Far Cry 6, we often times ask for specific locations where players encounter situations that feel off, where enemies respawn too frequently, or enemy spawn feels immersion breaking. 

With Title Update 2 we made specific fixes to José's Island and Martínez (Philly's) Airstrip, two areas that got reported quite frequently and internal tests verified that something was off. We want to continue to investigate specific locations and situations, instead of a blanket change to enemy respawn rates. Yara should feel alive and dangerous, and we think that overall, it’s currently in a good spot. We are however aware that there are certain instances where it may feel overwhelming and repetitive, and that's where we need your help! Therefore could you please include as precise information as possible about the location, the mission you were on and anything else that could help us find any bugs or areas that might not have the right tuning.

If you could also provide a video to demonstrate the issue and show the location it would be appreciated, thank you.

Official Response
  • Lysvander
    146 posts

@ubi-keo Alive and dangerous does not mean respawning out of thin air. When you're at "end-game" this does not matter because 1 pistol round eliminates everything (seriously [censored]) - but the overall impression is still that when you turn around and break los enemy's will respawn.

• SagacityX1
    2 posts

Holy [censored] sh!t, this STILL isn't fixed? There is no way to play this game stealthily, as its impossible to clear out an area without more guys just blinking in and filling in the gaps I created.
    UBISOFT - get your head out of you butts and start listening to your customers. Last time I blind-buy an ubisoft game ever again.
    NO MORE SPAWNS!

• xtracker85
    55 posts

@sagacityx1

Yeah, this and and autosave stutters are my two biggest issues with the game currently. As someone who likes to infiltrate bases using stealth, having enemies constantly respawn again when I've just cleared the area 20 seconds ago makes all my efforts in vain. Feels like I'm just wasting my time.

Why couldn't the devs just make enemies only respawn again when the player LEAVES the restricted area. That would be the most logical system to have. I really hope this is fixed in a future patch.

• stolash
    9 posts

JUst give me my money back !!!! 3 months and i still cant play the game !! Ubisoft you are worst developers on this planet ! You released second DLC but still no fix ??? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF are you doing ????

• szentistvan11
    4 posts

@stolash

Issuing dlc, instead of prioritising what many people consider a major flaw, seems to me to be bordering on contempt for those who have bought the game. I don't know how dlc sales are going as a percentage of sales of the original game, but Ubisoft must be happy with the figures, given that they have now released 2 dlc, and I believe a third is in the offing.
    Let's face it, this problem is unlikely to be fixed. We are 3 months into the game and Ubisoft are currently only looking at about 8 areas out of god knows how many. At this rate the game might be fixed by 2030?
    I return to this forum every now and again to see if any progress has been made, but it seems a case of "Plus ca change...."

• Sleezure
    136 posts
    @stolash

Issuing dlc, instead of prioritising what many people consider a major flaw, seems to me to be bordering on contempt for those who have bought the game. I don't know how dlc sales are going as a percentage of sales of the original game, but Ubisoft must be happy with the figures, given that they have now released 2 dlc, and I believe a third is in the offing.
    Let's face it, this problem is unlikely to be fixed. We are 3 months into the game and Ubisoft are currently only looking at about 8 areas out of god knows how many. At this rate the game might be fixed by 2030?
    I return to this forum every now and again to see if any progress has been made, but it seems a case of "Plus ca change...."

It took Breakpoint roughly two years to get to a state that is more or less playable and basically enjoyable. Maybe check back then?

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@sleezure When enemies respawn so quickly it kills suspension of disbelief and makes the world building feel shallow and lazy. It also hurts stealth playstyle because many enemies do not stay dead and you are constantly dealing with respawning enemies and thus unable to clear some locations with stealth.

• KingBobarian
    2 posts

I just started playing Far Cry 6 now that I got my new graphics card doing the first mission to destroy the crop fields. I meticulously snuck around killing, trying to wipe out the whole base. I THOUGHT I was actually achieving something, but then suddenly noticed that sniper reappeared, and then that medic and then that guy. This kept happening until I got to the point where I ran out of ammo and died. Thinking it was some bug I came searching for how to fix broken respawns and found this post (among a LOT of others) with everyone having the same problem. 😞 I don't know which product manager or producer thought this system would make sense, but it is a complete failure and oversight to how your users play the game!

I've been a Far Cry series fan since the first and have played every one until 100% completion. But after FC3 it feels like they jumped the shark and progressively keep adding clutter for sake of adding something and changing things for the worse. They seem to be trying to serve two masters right now: One is being a loud fast-paced shooter and the other is an immersive world and story about triumphing tyranny through a lot of grit and survival instincts. Far Cry 3 was amazing because it introduced a great story and elements about needing to scour the islands for supplies to build up your armory while slowly eliminating forcings by killing off camps and taking over the island. What worked about it so well for me is that it gave me a real feel of Achievement and Accomplishment, seeing the world change for the better with every camp I take.

So now we have FC6 with this insane neverending MAGICAL respawn that eliminates any and all feeling of being able to make a difference in the world. I'm a stealth player, love going in silently with a bow and taking down bad guys one by one, but with this respawn they have effectively destroyed stealth gameplay. If this is the direction they are going to go with for future games, then unfortunately the franchise is at a loss for me and I'll stop buying into it. Hopefully, they will get some backlash and start to realize that there are tons of loud and fast shooters out there and what really made FC series fun (one of its key differentiators) for a lot of players is that ability to take over the world each section at a time. I don't want an 'infinite' game - I want a journey with a sense of helping take back the land.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3723 posts

Hi everyone,

I understand that you are unhappy with the enemy respawn rates in Far Cry 6 and apologise if this is affecting your experience.

As we have previously advised in this thread, the development team are currently investigating high enemy respawn rates in the following locations:

• Tobacco Valley
    • Costa Del Mar
    • Acunana Farmland
    • Savannah Fields
    • FND Radio Bunker
    • Restricted area between Palma Springs and Oasis Plains

As well as animal enemies respawning too quickly in-game.

We want to continue to investigate specific locations and situations, instead of a blanket change to enemy respawn rates within the whole game. Yara should feel alive and dangerous, and we think that overall, it’s currently in a good spot. We are however aware that there are certain instances where it may feel overwhelming and repetitive, and that's where we need your help! 

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. Additionally, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud? You can check our support article here for more information on how to do this if you are unsure.

We can then forward these new reports to the development team for further investigation.

Official Response
  • Dustin1280
    6 posts

xD...
    Yet another "non-reply" that ignores the concern and puts the work on us to test THEIR game and report THEIR mistakes...

If it hasn't been made abundantly clear to anyone concerned about this issue, Ubisoft does NOT care about the overarching problem. They just keep posting the same drivel that completely ignores the bigger issue at hands while requesting we submit a video of every single "red zone" in the game.

This will NEVER be fixed, so anyone that has been waiting to play this game because of this issue, just cut your losses and move on.

• Sleezure
    136 posts
    xD...
    Yet another "non-reply" that ignores the concern and puts the work on us to test THEIR game and report THEIR mistakes...

If it hasn't been made abundantly clear to anyone concerned about this issue, Ubisoft does NOT care about the overarching problem. They just keep posting the same drivel that completely ignores the bigger issue at hands and makes us the testers for THEIR game.

This will NEVER be fixed, so anyone that has been waiting to play this game because of this issue, just cut your losses and move on.

Yeah, it's weird that they keep reposting this same solicitation for "help" addressing a problem that the developers obviously don't believe exists ("currently in a good spot").

• stolash
    9 posts

Ubisoft currently suck ducks !

Suggested Topics