Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RazielKanos
    Original poster 17 posts

I am at a Shrimp farm - i spot a sniper, kill the sniper, move across the water part, around the building and BOOM get shot by the sniper - respawn in less than 40 seconds...

I can't clear the spot since all the emenies keep poping up again the moment i move out of sight... Is that a Bug or a feature?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2913 posts
    Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I understand that you are unhappy with the enemy respawn rates in Far Cry 6 and apologise if this is affecting your experience.

As we have previously advised in this thread, the development team are currently investigating high enemy respawn rates in the following locations:

• Tobacco Valley
    • Costa Del Mar
    • Acunana Farmland
    • Savannah Fields
    • FND Radio Bunker
    • Restricted area between Palma Springs and Oasis Plains

As well as animal enemies respawning too quickly in-game.

We want to continue to investigate specific locations and situations, instead of a blanket change to enemy respawn rates within the whole game. Yara should feel alive and dangerous, and we think that overall, it’s currently in a good spot. We are however aware that there are certain instances where it may feel overwhelming and repetitive, and that's where we need your help! 

If you are experiencing a high enemy respawn rate in another location, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Where does this happen? Please provide the specific location, and if this happens during a specific Operation.
    • Can you provide us with a video that shows your exact location on the map, as well as the respawn rate being too high in this location.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. Additionally, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud? You can check our support article here for more information on how to do this if you are unsure.

We can then forward these new reports to the development team for further investigation.

Official Response
  • igrvks
    61 posts

I am doing a mission where I have to search for information in a beach resort type of area, the search area is pretty large. I silently take out a sniper at the far end of the area, move deeper and take out few additional guards. Then after maybe 3 or 4 kills all the guards I have already passed and taken out respawn in their posts. This creates a tedious whack-a-mole situation where I can't truly clear a area when the minimap shows that additional guards are constantly spawning in. They don't even arrive at the scene, they just plop into existence out of thin air. This also applies to going loud, you are constantly getting surrounded by magically respawning enemies from all sides.

This extremely lazy game design and should be patched as soon as possible.

• igrvks
    61 posts

@igrvks

As I am only allowed to make edits for 10 minutes after the initial post I am forced to double post.

I am at a runway, tasked to take out enemy planes that are parked there. On the runway perimeter there are multiple snipers, with few roaming guards among the planes. I take out the first snipers, and them move to the other end of runway to pick up stragglers. Everyone who I took out 30 seconds ago have respawned at the other end. You can literally watch them reappear on the minimap, it's based on line of sight so every time you turn your back on enemy corpse they come back to life.

In it's current state stealth is absolutely pointless in this game because of infinite respawning enemies. This is extremely frustrating and needs to be patched immediately.

• Flanker1Six
    219 posts

@razielkanos The enemy jungle checkpoints in FC 2 were that way. Jeezo Pete, Ubi!

• Flanker1Six
    219 posts

@igrvks ---thanks for the observations and experiences! Boggles my mind that Ubi repeated this auto respawn fiasco (think FC 2--jungle checkpoints), and FC 6 is looking like another case of a major title being in BETA (e.g. bullet sponge enemies, two lame difficulty modes, borked ammo system, blah, blah, blah) state on release. 👎 Imortan Joe: Mediocre! Mediocre! 😄

• igrvks
    61 posts

@razielkanos

It's actually based on line of sight instead of time. Just look away from the corpse and walk away until the enemy position is roughly on the edge of minimap and they respawn.

I am not exaggerating, I think this makes the game unplayable since I am a stealth oriented player.

• katewatso
    2 posts

Yep experiencing same bug.

• katewatso
    2 posts

You kill a guy to see him being respawned in matter of 5 seconds. Thats game breaking for stealth

• LaMOi
    159 posts

@igrvks

Not being funny. I’ve bought the game. Reading all this — 1) I bloody regret my purchase 2) I actually can’t be bothered to play the game now. Because I know this kind of [censored] really pisses me off…

It ruins stealth runs. Kills immersion….

And I’ve encountered crap like this before in a few open world games. Shadow of Mordor had an issue with this. Whenever you turned your back, the game just start to repopulate an area. Only in set missions can you wipe out an area. In the open world it constantly repopulated the area your in with orcs. It’s annoying…

It’s not something you can fix. It’s the way the engine loads and resets assets, when the players moves their cone of vision…

I would hold your breath on this crap being fixed…

I wish I had held off. In fact I’m gonna investigate getting a refund, I haven’t even played it yet…

Sorry Ubisoft — I’m not paying £60 for frustration.

• clothears
    2 posts

@igrvks

I have to agree, this is lazy game design. Far Cry 2 was slated for the respawning camps, but this is a whole new level of annoying.

Immediate respawn. Hmm. REALLY UBI?

• LaMOi
    159 posts

Reading all this — 1) I bloody regret my purchase 2) I actually can’t be bothered to play the game now. Because I know this kind of crap really pisses me off…

It ruins stealth runs. Kills immersion…. And people like me — I know this will ruin the game for me.

And I’ve encountered crap like this before in a few open world games.

I’m not sure it’s something you can fix. It’s the way the engine loads and resets assets, when the players moves their cone of vision…

I would not hold your breath on this crap being fixed… 

I wish I had held off. In fact I’m gonna investigate getting a refund, I haven’t even played it yet… 

Sorry Ubisoft — I’m not paying £60 for frustration. 

• igrvks
    61 posts

@lamoi

The thing is, without the constant respawning issue it would be a OK action game. I have always found Far Cry games to be fun enough to play through at least once, but after Breakpoint I have made a habit of only paying for one month of Ubisoft+ to try out their new games.

This way, I only lose 15€ if the game turns out to be bad which all things considered is a pretty insignificant sum, especially compared to full retail price. I dodged a major bullet with Watch Dogs: Legion doing this...

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

The game is awesome, but this instant re-spawning is an annoyance. I'd say it was the #1 issue at the moment for me.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

We seem to have multiple threads on this.

I'm really enjoying FC6 but to restate, yes this instant re-spawning is quite annoying.

• Sleezure
    111 posts

@igrvks As long as it adds more grind to the game, then it's not a bug--it's a feature.

• Virtual-Chris
    761 posts

Inexcusable. Who thought this was good game design? I will take a hard pass on this game.

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

This instant re-spawning is an annoyance. I'd say it was the #1 issue at the moment for me.

===

Valhalla had the same issue.

Particularily in the forest where ambushers would respawn immediately after you killed the first few.

Sure, it sucked, but once I knew the game was designed that way, I would adapt. Countless games have been designed this way.

Last I checked the Valhalla forums a couple of people were complaining about it. Ubisoft responded, but acted as if they didn't understand exactly where the issue was occurring or how bad it really was. So, I got the feeling they didn't really care. I never followed up on that thread, so, to this day, I don't know if anything was done about it.

I can't say that it really bothered me in Valhalla, or any other game. As soon as I see that a game has respawn issues I'll only wipe an area once, ignore the respawns, and never return.

It basically just shortens my interest in map exploration, and ultimately, my time spent playing the game.

• igrvks
    61 posts

I think that if this amount of enemies is a conscious design choice by Ubisoft like some people on Reddit seem to think, they should at least tweak the system to seem more realistic than materializing the enemies out of thin air right next to you. Make them at least arrive to the scene by vehicles, to seem like actual reinforcements.

I think the ideal system would be that 5-10 minutes after clearing a base with stealth they send one jeep to check out why they are not responding to comms, then after spotting all the dead bodies they would call for reinforcements that arrive to the scene by troop transport. If you go loud this interval would be much shorter naturally. This would make it much more tolerable if this amount of enemies is indeed a design choice.

Edit: Here is a great video that showcases how absolutely ridiculous this respawning is:

• Bytedotexe
    64 posts

@igrvks nice now the whole Island knows Im here 😆

• Bytedotexe
    64 posts

Is the Infinity Enemie respawn normal on the Mission "Napoleon El Pequeno" ?
    fanton (@igrvks) posted this already on the forums but wanted to ask in player support again

Gameplay from fanton (@igrvks)

Suggested Topics