ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• r2d2ec
    1 posts

Its been 5 month and its still not fixed, this is a AAA title! I just started to play the game and stopped because of this level:

• xtracker85
    55 posts

Yeah, I don't understand why the respawn system is such a mess in these Far cry games. Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla got it right with the respawn system, so it's not like it can't be done.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for your continued feedback, it's appreciated and has been noted to the team.

There are no current plans to amend the respawn rate as previously advised, but should any further announcements come from the team, we will let you know here.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • vahndaar
    129 posts

Booted up the game after several months to see if this was fixed.

No.

Enemies still respawn half way through clearing a small base.

This is atrocious, has ruined the entire game, and somehow the devs cannot see why this is dreadful design as it's now clearly intentional.

I was so excited to play this but I simply can't while this issue is a thing. The simple possibility of enemies respawning whilst attempting to complete an activity or objective as a design choice is utterly baffling and completely circumvents any point of stealth or even trying to progress in any meaningful way.

As to the comment that extending the spawn ranges globally makes the world feel dead. Go look at ghost recon breakpoint. That game successfully manages to not respawn enemies whilst clearing locations. The despawn distance is around 800m for that game. At no point does the world feel empty as there's always random encounters in the wild.

Placed enemies in locations don't respawn until the player either dies or is a considerable distance away. This gives a sense of personal progression and accomplishment and meaning.

Respawning enemies when you're 100.feet away from where you killed them does not. In fact it makes pretty much everything pointless. Why kill an enemy when they will simply respawn? Why attack anyone at all? Why engage in combat in any way when the result is completely ineffectual.

Can you see why this is so bad in a game that focuses on combat?!

Even Doom, the most arcade of arcade shooters does not respawn enemies during a level.

I really don't understand these design decisions sometimes, particularly when the team has simply given up and said they're not changing it.

Why is it devs seem to be at odds with players where the community has a better grasp of what the game should be like than the team themselves. Honestly, a 30 minute playtest by anyone would have thrown this issue up. A simple tweak or option in the menu would solve the problem.

To watch the dev team stubbornly refuse to implement something that would clearly improve the game and bring players back - even as an option - is the very definition for frustration.

At the very least, can we have an option in the menu to influence global enemy spawn/respawn distance. That would be the best of both worlds.

I want to play this game, I really do, but I simply cannot until this is addressed because it is such a huge oversight and immersion breaker. I won't invest time in a game that simply reverses my progress seconds afterwards.

Imagine playing chess where pieces 'respawn' a move after taking them and you can grasp the problem here. It renders everything utterly pointless! At no point am I worried that the chess board might start to feel 'empty'. I feel reward and satisfaction at dismantling the opposing side and opening up new objectives and tactics. It would not be a good mechanic to have infinite pawns spawning off board to keep my attention occupied. It is not cool to be sniped by a queen that magically respawned behind me whilst trying to manoeuvre on the opponents king.

This is game design 101 for goodness sake!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @vahndaar

I'm sorry to hear it has such a negative effect on your view of the game. If we hear of any planned changes to this based on the feedback we've received, we'll be sure to let players know. I hope this is something that can be addressed for you all to enjoy it more in future.

Official Response
  • Borkaman87
    36 posts

The rate and distance by which enemies, npcs, events, animals, corpses etc etc spawn/respawn/despawn has been pathetic ever since FC3. Just now in FC5, an entire situation of hostages, enemies and a rampaging bull got removed *like that* because I turned by back to skina cougar some meters further away. The chaos was barely 80 meters away- I turn, take a few steps towards the cadaver, loot the skin and turn again. No sign of bull, hostages, enemies or the vehicles that stood nearby. I allso remember this engine glitch was especially hideous in FC4 during the mission "City of Pain" which takes place in a tiny village where enemies would respawn ontop of eachother, completely annihilating the satisfaction and immersion of going full stealth hunter.

DEVS, in FC7 this has to end! At least the distance by which this worthless spawn system operates. No spawning/respawning/despawning within a 200 meter radius- plus a cooldown for any spawning/despawning taking place outside that radius. Corpses, vehicles, weapons left in an arrea should stay for a good five-ten minutes. Otherwise the gameworld will feel fake and therefore soulless.

• ipko98
    1 posts

Got this game at release date, liking the theme. However I think I played a couple of hours before uninstalling the game. My biggest issue: dumb AI and strange spawn-system. I installed the game a day ago to give it another shot.. and those two big issues are still not solved. Clearing a base and still enemy’s are respawning as soon as I I walk around for maybe a minute (note this is one of the starter missions, the one where you burn the tobacco), enemies are still driving in captured checkpoints.. I mean free-loot.. but lame and the AI is just so basic. Enemy dont take cover, they just run into you or stand wide in the open and it still takes them an hour to get out of a car while just sitting completely still.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

@Borkaman87 - appreciate your feedback and input, as I can see that you have been a long-time player of Far Cry series and will ensure this gets forwarded over to our team accordingly!

@ipko98 - welcome to forums!

I have looked up and can see that our team has been working on addressing the specific matter regarding enemy respawn, therefore would I be able to kindly check the following with you:

1. Was this the case in a single base or did you experience (recently) this by going to any location/base? If this has occurred only a specific location, could you advise what it is?
    2. As far as AI feedback you've shared, I can see that we have received more input about this from other players too, therefore will ensure to add this too!

Should you have any further queries or run into any other difficulties, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • SiKiTtOyA
    48 posts

@ubi-karl It is def not an isolated issue with a single base. Its anywhere and everywhere you go. I just did a mission where you have to download data off a laptop from inside a bunker. When it was complete I went outside and was surrounded by enemies which spawned literally right in front of me. As I seemed to be at the spawn location and it was quite terrible having them just pop into game right in front of you. I really wish I was recording this at the time.

I know its been stated that it would make game feel empty but the game is empty anyway. This spawn system doesnt make it feel any better.

• Ubi-Karl

Hey @SiKiTtOyA, thanks for providing the requested details there.

For reproduction purposes, if you'll have a chance, would I be able to kindly ask you to upload your save file to cloud? To do so, just follow steps outlined in the following article.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Official Response
  • SiKiTtOyA
    48 posts

@ubi-karl Done!

• Ubi-Karl

Great stuff @SiKiTtOyA, can see that you did indeed therefore it has now been forwarded accordingly

Official Response
  • Borkaman87
    36 posts

@ubi-karl awesomesauceome 👌

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

No worries, thanks borkaman87

Official Response
  • Gwynei
    1 posts

I stopped playing Far Cry 6 because of exactly this. This issue is just so immersive breaking..

What I've been doing the past few months whenever I saw an update for Far Cry 6, is to check out this topic if something regarding this issue was addressed.

Now I've come to a time to uninstall the game. 😞 For Far Cry 7 I will seriously read reviews regarding this issue, and if it has it, I won't buy it.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@gwynei Ubisoft have fallen from being great game developers to being a fast food of gaming. Poor quality with a disregard for consumer feedback.

Things like the dumb respawn rate can't even be rectified now.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there @Gwynei & @Sparhawk122,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the enemy respawn rate in Far Cry 6. I apologise for any impact that this has had on your gaming experience.

As confirmed earlier in this thread by @Ubi-Keo, there are currently no plans to adjust the respawn rate overall. This being said, the dedicated teams are actively looking into the enemy respawn rate in certain areas, and are continuing to monitor reports of the respawn rate in-game.

I would like to assure you that the Player Support team is continuing to monitor this thread, and we will keep forwarding any feedback you have to share regarding this issue to the dedicated teams so they have visibility of this.

If there are any changes made to the enemy respawn rate in-game, this information will be shared in patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Syphadeus
    15 posts

I revisited just now to see if this issue had been fixed. I had hopes when I noted that respawn rate of enemies was no longer featured in the megathread of issues. The disappoint to find that it's taken off, not because it has been fixed, but because Ubisoft simply do not consider it an issue.

Firstly, this is poor form because as this thread attests, Ubisoft has gaslighted it's players into making them think that they care about the game experience, or that any of this feedback gets passed on to the dev team. There is no evidence that it does and, if it does, the dev team are either unwilling to accept that the players know better, or they're ignorant and incompetent. Prove otherwise. They've spent so much time and money making a game that is rendered terrible because of an oversight on a fundamental, core gameplay mechanic. "The dev team feel that it's in a good place". Great. Do they dev team make up the majority of paying customers? Do the dev team make up the player base? Finally, do the dev team have what it takes to make sure that the FC franchise performs well if they're not open to honest, clear and frank feedback? I posit that the answer to all of these is an absolute no.

I'm so glad that I cancelled my Ubi+ subscription after the first month of this trash. I have spent a great deal of money on Ubi games in the past and would have been a continued subscriber were it not for their crass ignorance about their own products. Don't count on seeing any of my money again any time soon. You can take your franchises and nosedive them full speed into the ground.

Far Cry had so much potential but is rendered a pile of hot trash because of dev mismanagement. Whoever signed off on this respawn system needs firing and to be let out of the industry because they don't understand the first thing about games.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there @Syphadeus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the enemy respawn rate in-game. I'm sorry to hear that this has impacted on your gaming experience, and I've passed on your feedback about the enemy respawn rate to the dedicated teams.

As mentioned in my previous post, there are currently no plans to adjust the enemy respawn rate in-game overall. While testing internally, the dedicated teams noticed that reducing the enemy spawning on a global scale made the game feel empty and without life. However, the dedicated teams are still actively looking at ways to improve the enemy respawn rate in certain locations.

If there are any more changes made to the enemy respawn rate in-game, either overall or in specific locations, then this information will be shared in the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Sleezure
    139 posts

@ubi-borealis Apologies, but I do not believe there are any "dedicated teams" still working on this title. And even if there were, what does it matter if they are unable/unwilling to act on player feedback?

Suggested Topics