ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• theimacman
    Original poster 20 posts

Hi,

I was running around the world and accidentally started the mission Paradise Lost (btw, it's a horrible design decision to automatically start a mission when the player just happens to run across the area, without having them press any button to confirm starting the mission).

I did not want to start this mission, so after the cutscene played, and they wanted me to plant some bombs, I just stopped tracking the mission, and continued on with what I was doing. I figured I could come back and plant the bombs whenever I wanted.

While running around the area, I did come across one bomb location, so I went ahead and planted that one.

I then completed the FND Base in the area, and also a Criptograma chest in that same area.

When I was done with that, I fast traveled far away. When the world loaded, a message came up said I was going to fail the mission (Paradise Lost) because I was leaving the area. Then about 2 seconds later, the game reloads, puts me right back at the same camp, and again tells me I am going to fail the mission... repeat forever.

I am obviously way too far away to run back to the mission area, and fast travel is not available during the mission (despite the fact that I was allowed to fast travel AWAY from the area). I have also tried using the "Withdraw from Operation" option in the pause menu, but it just reloads the game and the mission still fails after the reload. It does not actually abort the mission. I have also tried reloading my last autosave, but that just reloads the same camp and fails the mission.

So, my game is now unplayable because I am stuck in this mission fail / world reload infinite loop. Please help! I have put so many hours into this game already and I don't want to start over. Oh, and I am playing on the Xbox One X.

Thanks,
    -Ryan

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4733 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, 

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have contacted us and have confirmed that the issue where you can become stuck in a respawn loop during the mission "Paradise Lost" should have been resolved with the release of Title Update 4! You can read the full patch notes here.

The patch was deployed on February 1st. If you are still experiencing this issue after installing the new update, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can notify the development team. When sharing a new report, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• That you have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the left-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That you are unable to complete "Lost and Found"

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud.

We can then use these reports to reopen the investigation should the issue persist following TU4.

Official Response
  • Jeboda
    1 posts

Hey... i was playing with my Friend and he acidentaly starded a Mission in "Esperanza" so i doesn´t want to spoiler me and i´ve portet away... i am on the other side of the map now and it is reseting me to this pint after 10-15 seconds again so iam stuck at this Spawn location... this is a big problem because i cant move and cant port me to another location and so i cant make the mission. (I have restartet the game and tryed to restart the mission but i am always at the same point like before). (Name Ubisoft: Jeboda) (Bearbeitet)

• kemistry007
    1 posts

Had this same issue happened to me this morning, on the exact same mission and I was stuck in the same situation, my issue was on PS4 though and I found your post via a google search.. only way I could resolve it was because my saved game was backed up to the PS4 cloud from my previous nights play so not sure if XBox has this feature or not but that's the only way I fixed, so I only lost a few hours rather than a week's worth...hope this helps because everything you say about auto starting missions above is correct

• theimacman
    Original poster 20 posts

@kemistry007 Xbox does have a cloud save, but I'd imagine by this point it has been written over by my current save, which has me stuck in this loop. Especially since I've played co-op since this bug occurred. 😕

• ScreaminSilence
    12 posts

i have the same problem! add me please: ScreaminSilence

• theimacman
    Original poster 20 posts

Soooooo... any response from support staff??

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 690 posts

Hey there everyone. I am sorry to hear that you're all stuck in this Operation Failed reload loop. This issue is currently being investigated.

@theimacman You mention that you played Co-op since this started happening for you. Did you join a friend's game, or did a friend join you? If it was the former, try having a friend join your game to see if this resets everything and gets you out of this loop. If you already had a friend join you, or this doesn't work, could you grab me a video clip of this happening as well?

@ScreaminSilence I also recommend giving this workaround a try! Let me know how this goes!

Official Response
  • theimacman
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubistorm Hi, and thank you for responding!

I have tried having a co-op buddy join my game, and it made no difference. I actually worked in video game QA for about 5 years, so I've tried just about every single thing my QA brain could think of, heh. When my buddy joins my game, or comes into the game with me from the lobby, the loop continues the same as it does when I'm by myself.

Here is a clip of the fail reload (saved to my OneDrive), and then me also trying to abort the mission, but then that still loading me into the same camp and still failing the mission:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkE5ctYJmBYzgXFF1UMowQkTG31X: (https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkE5ctYJmBYzgXFF1UMowQkTG31X)

• PhaaxVoom
    7 posts

@ubistorm Same bug has happened to me (different mission though).

Both autosaves are identical. Having a co-op player join results in both players being stuck in the same loop.

My video of the issue:

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

@theimacman - thank you for your input there and sorry that the workaround didn't help. I have forwarded video footage you've provided and the investigation regarding the issue is on-going so we do not have any updates just yet, however as soon as we do, details will be posted here, in our official forums, so keep an eye!

@PhaaxVoom - thanks for bringing this up and sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue as well.

Taken into account that this is a different objective, for reproduction purposes, do you recall what happened initially and how did you get into this position?

Official Response
  • PhaaxVoom
    7 posts

@ubi-karl I started the Chicharrón quest line a long time ago. Finished the part where you destroy the military archives, then talked to what's-his-name afterwards... That's when yet another quest with Chicharrón started and I wasn't interested in doing that - so I fast traveled away.

Forgot about it for a bunch of hours and when I fast traveled back, to the area in the video, to do some other stuff - that's when I got stuck with the "Mission failed" bug.

• koffiegast
    9 posts

As I entered the Paradise Lost mission, I went through the cutscene, then because I still had some other missions to do I fast travelled to another part of the map. After fast travel, I get the warning "You are too far away from the mission, return or you will fail". Considering that I am 4000m away from the mission it fails within a few seconds. It then respawns me back at the faraway location rather than in Esperanza.

• I am unable to fast travel back "not allowed during mission" (then why let me fast travel first in the place!).
    • Savegame is already overwritten so reloading gets me back far away and failing.
    • Withdrawing from operation doesn't work: it just reloads my savegame

There is just one savegame (even on PC!), no cheats, and I don't see any other fix possible (besides start from the beginning...)

@Ubisoft please fix asap because the game has become unplayable. Thank you.

• koffiegast
    9 posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/114100/paradise-lost-fast-travel-infinite-loop

I have the exact same issue.

• Paradise Lost started
    • I fast travelled after cutscene cuz wanted to do different quest
    • After fast travel, I am no longer allowed any fast travel, I am still in the Paradise Lost quest, and I am too far away so it fails in seconds.
    • Savegame was automatically overwritten (PC), no backups (there is only one savegame in the whole design), abandoning the operation just reloads the same savegame.

This is game breaking and not secured design... why did it let me fast travel in the first place and then cannot even abandon...

• Rowdy_Runner
    2 posts

+1 now having the exact same issue on the "Paradise Lost" mission. Exploring parts of Esperanza for fun and it automatically started the mission, I fast traveled far away because I don't want to complete that mission yet, and now my game is broken. Cannot abort mission, cannot fast travel back to the area, can't even summon a plane in time to try flying there.. It fails the mission and loads me back into Valle De Oro over and over. Extremely saddening, I don't want to start over.

XbOne S

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 690 posts

@koffiegast Thank you so much for that information!

Have you, @PhaaxVoom and @Rowdy_Runner given the workaround a try? You may be able to break out of this loop if you invite a friend to join your game. If that hasn't worked for any of you, would you ensure that your saves are uploaded to the cloud for the team investigating this?

Official Response
  • PhaaxVoom
    7 posts

@ubistorm As I mentioned earlier, having someone join the game results in both players being stuck in a fail/load loop. Cloud saves are enabled, so they should be synced as far as I know?

• Rowdy_Runner
    2 posts

@ubistorm unfortunately joining a co-op game doesn't fix the issue when I go back to playing solo again, although the game functions fine during the co-op session. If I invite my friend to play co-op with me then we both get stuck in the loop.

I've verified my save file is uploaded to the cloud. Please let me know if you need anything else for troubleshooting this issue.

It's a slight bummer that there's no option to load multiple save files. If I could just reload from before I was exploring the area near Esperanza then it would be no issue.

• koffiegast
    9 posts

@ubistorm When can we expect a fix to this?
    One immediate fix I think is that 'abandoning the mission' also assures that no quest can be active + current quests in the journal are 'reset'.
    For a more longterm fix, being able to have more than one save will be essential after all. Or at least not saving at the start of a quest...

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Hello there, @koffiegast! I am very sorry to hear that you are stuck in an infinite loop with the Paradise Lost mission after fast traveling. Our teams are aware of this issue and this will be resolved with a future update. I sincerely apologize for the frustration this has caused you in the meantime, but I appreciate your patience!

Official Response
  • shinysideout
    20 posts

There is a backup save that could help you out - check ..\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\YourID\5266

I posted a possible solution for loops on PC here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/114218/stuck-in-a-death-loop-after-respawning-into-world-post-here/77?lang=en-US&_=1634918710893

Suggested Topics