ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• To Ubisoft: Is my takeaway after 75 hours of FC6 supposed to be that the character level mechanic does quite literally nothing at all other than unlock stuff at Juan's vendors up to a certain point?

2 Likes/10 Replies/232 Views
    Akira1364
    Original poster 159 posts

I'm level 20, and have completed all unique content (like Yaran Stories, Treasure Hunts, Gran Premios, bases, checkpoints, AA guns, etc) the game has to offer. Found myself wondering many, many times whether the character level mechanic was even working as intended (or for that matter actually programmatically complete in the first place), as it never at any point seemed like my character's level relative to the level of the map regions mattered in any way.

There'd be less confusion in general if the game itself actually provided a proper, specific, non-vaguely-worded explanation of what the character level mechanic is at least supposed to do, also, which is not currently the case.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

You level up and the area's around you level up. That's about it, I guess.

• Blackwolfe5
    22 posts

@aazhyd That's not my experience at all. For me the areas only levelled up after completing all or most of the main storylines in each area. I overlevelled the areas way before that happened the first time.

• AnimusLover
    296 posts

@akira1364 Yeah, does seem rather vague. I just assumed that it increases/decreases damage done/received as well as spawned harder level enemies but the game doesn't really explain it well to be fair.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

I argue it's wwaayy out of place in a Far Cry game, and looks like Ubi blending in poorly fitting elements from their other franchises.

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

Imho, but it looks like an unfinished thing.
    It would suit well for balancing. Like adding a third difficulty level, where all enemies are 3 levels above you, making them tougher.
    Also, stronger buddies should wear special helmet, so you can't just oneshot them (only melee takedown).

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@akira1364, Dani automatically becomes stronger and becomes a bullet sponge, with each increasing level. Better weapons and gear also are a factor and fully upgraded weapons and gear, make Dani a one man/woman killing machine, with the exception of the occasional un-intended death, due to either vehicle explosions or getting run over by a truck.

• b101_uk
    22 posts

did a bit a save file combining and transposed my level 19 from one save into a fresh new save on the starter island, to give me insurgency with the entirety of the mainland undiscovered and all the mainland missions to do again.

there is definitely a marked difference between running around the starter island confronting level 1 and 2 NPC's as a level 1 and 2 player than as a level 19 player encountering level 1 and 2 NPC's.

the most noticeable is your relative stealth improvement, in that you can much closer before being spotted, and they take longer to fully spot you

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@blackwolfe5, So did I, but that's what I always do in every game I play.

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@b101_uk, I wish I knew how to do that, instead of always having to wait for a new game plus, if one is even in the works?

Suggested Topics