ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pesto.
    Original poster 260 posts

It’s just way too bright at night.

Please give us a menu control for just general nighttime ambient light + moonlight. The direct lighting from torches etc is great as is (although fire from smashed oil jars should cast more light), but the ambient light is insanely strong.

I’m also sensitive to blue light and the way it’s set up now means even after I adjust my TV to be more yellow cast (which ruins the daytime look of Valhalla) it still comes out like a super strong blue wash. It’s also bothersome for the [censored] retentive “it’s about realism” part of my brain because at night our eyes would mostly see the world in far more muted tones and shades of grey with only well lit areas having color.

When I turn down the game HDR brightness control then the blue doesn’t affect me as much, but the other light sources in game become dull and don’t result in good “light transport”, the light just fades out too quickly from the source. It still overall looks better darker and doesn’t bother my eyes as much, but then daytime comes and I have to go and change the settings back again which becomes a PITA. So now I mostly just have Eivor meditate the night away when it occurs, which is a shame because I like the lit up streets of the villages and towns at night and I miss being able to stealth attack at night when it seems guards have slightly smaller cones of vision and some are asleep.

I realize that for gameplay many people want it to be almost as bright as day and someone in the art department must be sticking their foot down but please make this small change. I know the parameters are there, I’m not on a PC so I can’t craft or use a mod.

To give you an idea just how extremely bright the night time is then for me, with my system set to offer the full HDR range the difference between beautiful, comfortable and realistic night and day in the HDR brightness setting is a whole 1.6 (night needs to be 1.6 points lower)… that’s over a third of the total throw of the control!

Please just offer an accessibility control to reduce the brightness of the moon and ambient lighting at night for this otherwise wonderfully beautiful game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• pesto.
    Original poster 260 posts

Also I noticed that in Beauty mode night time is a tinge darker and I wonder if that’s because of shadows cast from volumetric fog.

I wish the game would switch between performance and beauty modes dynamically depending on whether I’m in combat or not.

Suggested Topics