Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 769 posts

Hey there @a734067901, I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have some questions I'd like to ask. Could you please help me by answering the following?:

1. When you first completed the objective and claimed the reward, did you log off straight away or spend a few minutes completing any other tasks?
    2. When you first logged back into the game and realized the objective was still on your screen, did you receive any messages such as a cloud synchronization error? 
    3. Each time you log in to the game, are you able to open the chest again? Or is it already open?

Official Response
  • GardiHuts
    1 posts

I have the sane problem, the Door is open and quest dont trigger "Open Door" step.

• Mondracc
    7 posts

I have the same bug and as well with Gran Premio signs which show exclamation mark <!>
    I think the issue is that when quitting the game, the game does not save world status, such as the map areas I've explored before becomes unexplored again (although the collectibles, chests and such stay collected).
    I discovered that just prior of quitting the game you have to fast travel for the world status to save.
    Game is quite bugged and needs a patch ASAP

• zeon47
    3 posts

same also PC

• ggt6rry
    2 posts

@ubi-viral also having this issue only I did the hunt last night alone before joining a friend and getting him leaders, also the Xbox series X. It just says find a way to unlock Luis’s stash.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 571 posts

@GardiHuts Thanks for reaching out about this as well! Would you also answer the questions given by @Ubi-Gizmo ? That way, I can provide that information to the game team. Thank you so much!

@Mondracc Thank you as well for providing that information. When mentioning that areas you've explored don't seem to save, do you also get any sync errors as well? Or does it only ever save the world status when fast travelling before quitting? Would it also be possible to get a video clip showing this?

Official Response
  • Sp3cialSauc3
    1 posts

@ubi-viral I have one for the Xbox (I am on a series X). It won’t let me share here. Is there somewhere I can send you the video?

• RheausVX
    2 posts

I know this has been posted before, but no real satisfactory answer from Ubisoft. So, thought I’d try.

Basically, per the title, my cousin and I have played through a lot of the game in coop mode, including several of the treasure hunts, all but one of them has been fine when going from coop to single player and back again.

The other night I was in my cousins game and we completed the Crocodile Tears treasure hunt in his game, I got the reward of course as is normal. In order to remove the mission from my map, I did what I have done with plenty of others, and that is complete the Crocodile Tears mission myself. However, when I get the key, open the door and open the chest, the chest is empty (as expected( but the game does not recognise that the mission is actually complete. The result is that it remains as a waypoint on my map which is extremely annoying. Restarting the game doesn’t help, it just puts it back again.

Like I said, this is the only treasure hunt where this has been an issue, I can’t provide video but, I simply cannot give any more detail other than the sequence of events as described. Hoping this glitch can be fixed so that it checks that you have the weapon already. (Surf and turf?) and if so, automatically sets it to completed and takes it off the map,

Cheers,

RVX

• AngelLongobardi
    1 posts
    I am also having same issue please help fix this do not wish to restart at all. There is a video on YouTube so Ubisoft should watch it it’s how it is for all of us

• DiabloBlanco617
    1 posts

Having the same issue on PS4. Completed solo but still showing incomplete

• XDGamler
    2 posts

@kyrkbymannen I have the same problem after completing the mission i wanted to take a base and pressed "withdraw from operation" then "crocodile tears" was open again and i can no longer finish it.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 571 posts

Hello @kyrkbymannen and @XDGamler ! I'm sorry to hear that you're both stuck in Crocodile Tears! Thank you for the video as well, @kyrkbymannen . As a first steps in trying to get unstuck, would you both try verifying your game files? I also recommend running through some basic troubleshooting steps as well. Is it also allowing you to track other missions?

Official Response
  • XDGamler
    2 posts

@ubistorm
    I do it but it doesn't work. I have the gun but the mission is open. From both a picture.

And i can do other missions.

spoiler
    spoiler

• reneemarie
    1 posts

Has a solution been found for this? I am trying to clear this out from treasure hunts remaining. I did receive the surf and turf rifle already though, it just isn't registering that I completed it. I was able to go inside and open the chest but it is still showing on my map that it needs to be complete. I am still able to go to other treasure hunts and complete them without any problem. Crocodile Tears Treasure hunt has been I'm only one and I think I am way it has been way too long now to revert to last to checkpoint saved.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing this information with us. Our teams are aware of this issue and are investigating. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, however I appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime!

Official Response
  • kyrkbymannen
    3 posts

@ubistorm Thanks for your response. I've now tried both verifying the files and following your guide.
    The screenshot below is in Swedish but it says thet files are verified.

Here is a clip showing that when i start the game it's in "Crocodile tears" and even if I leave operation it's still stuck:

Is there anyway to get my money back if you don't manage to fix this because now i've bought a game that i only scraped the surface on and then got stuck in, and i don't want to spend another 15 hours on a retry and get stuck here again since there is a lot of people here stuck in the same situation.
    I enjoyed it so i'd rather just play on, but i'm stuck in this mission now although i got the gun in the chest.

Perhaps i can send you the save file and you can fix it?

Please.

Br,
    Ulf

• WesleyR08
    2 posts

Hi , I have a problem with the mission Find Luis's stash in Far Cry 6 the mission is frozen I help a friend to complete it but then when I am going to try to complete it I go my way and kill the crocodile he throws it at me key then I go I open the door but when I enter the house the chest is open when it says to me to open, but in truth it never opens and it remains there is a bug and it does not let me continue with the mission, I have searched the internet and some people too The same thing happened to him, that some helped some, friend to complete the mission and after they are going to complete their own mission they have no way to complete it this bug

• AXT3L
    2 posts

@ubistorm The mission cannot be completed, I have completed the whole campaign and the only task I have is the one that will not disappear from the list, although I did everything I had to play on xbox x / s gt / AXT3L please fix

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1113 posts

Hello @WesleyR08 sorry to hear of this issue you have encountered with this mission.

Could you please tell me where on the map this issue occurs, with a screenshot if possible, or describe its location?

Can you also upload a video you have captured, or a video of another player that has had this issue, showing the chest is unable to be opened?

When you switch to your solo playthrough and reach this chest, can I confirm you also, are unable to open this chest on your solo playthrough too?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4166 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I have merged several threads about being unable to complete "Crocodile Tears" into a single Megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us regarding this treasure hunt. The development team have been investigating this issue further, and they will be deploying a fix in a future update! We don't yet have an ETA for when this update will be released. Once we have more details to share, they will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics