ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2312 posts

Hello @jotarodazpa,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing FPS drops.

Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you please contact our team on our Support Site?
    Please attach both of the following system files:

It will help our Customer Support team to investigate this further for you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Tomas_Jari
    7 posts

Shame on you UBI. You have the same issue since FC4. Haha. Fix your god daamn game. How can you release game with such a stutter issue. Everytime I pick something game stutters. Or give me back my money. thank you

• Kopseer
    6 posts

@jotarodazpa Go into Uplay settings and disable the in-game overlay. Fixed all of my stuttering and hitching (mostly anyway, the latest Nvidia drivers also caused weirdness so rolled those back). But def disable the in-game overlay

• Skormy-Skormy
    5 posts

We really need multiple autosave options when playing solo... The stutters are horrible and the whole SaveGame folder for Far Cry 6 is under half a Mb, so it feels unreasonable. I hope Ubi gets to patch this soon 😿

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello everyone. I'm sorry to hear that verifying those files didn't work for this issue. Were any of you able to complete the basic troubleshooting steps as well? If so, would you all ensure that your saves are uploaded to the cloud to help the team with investigating this for you all? I also recommend opening a ticket on our Support Site as well, and providing a copy of your MsInfo and DxDiag files, as these files provide a lot of information that can be useful with these kinds of investigations.

Official Response
  • UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@kopseer Thank you so much for sharing that workaround! I'm glad to hear that it seems to have resolved that issue for you!

@jotarodazpa and @RoumenSp , there's a mega-thread open for this particular issue! I highly recommend keeping an eye out on that thread for further updates to this issue!

Official Response
  • BorisTheBlad3
    6 posts

@jotarodazpa You can NOT have a RTX 3080 with 16GB of VRAM, they do not exist, at best you could have a RTX 3080 TI with 12GB of VRAM. I believe you are confusing RAM with VRAM which are completely different things.
    ALL RTX 3080's have 10GB of VRAM.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

@ubi-mark  "Chat is currently unavailable. Please choose another support method."

I have tried to create a support ticket with the system files and screenshots, but the support site only lets me CHAT, theres no option to create a support ticket, so i have to wait for CHAT to become avaliable in order to report my issues...

@Kopseer thank you for your tip but i have already disabled in-game overlay (as i said i have tried everything...), also i dont think that makes any difference at all, the game behaves strange,you may think you fixed the stuttering but in fact you didnt do anything at all...
    The game may run fine because of a certain area or mission you are playing in that moment, and makes you think the stuttering and hitching is finished, but it is not
    The hitching and stuttering mostly occurs when acessing new areas, driving, flying, parachute, etc

@UbiStorm that mega-thread open is about blurry textures, i dont have that problem. My problem is huge stutters with hd textures on.

@BorisTheBlad3 well we learn new things everyday, there is RTX 3080 16GB VRAM but its only for laptops, google it my friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benchmark screenshots results:

HD TEXTURE ON -> https://imgur.com/a/0XkRDvN
    HD TEXTURE OFF -> https://imgur.com/a/CK2VzJE

I can run the benchmark over and over again, i never get that huge stutters with hd textures off, also you can see the vram usage bar is not working well.

Also, i have two more issues to report, vram bar broken and gsync off causes glitches:

-Random crashes: the game crashed a few times already randomly and i end up loosing progress on some missions.
    -Dualsense PS5 controller no vibration: adaptive triggers are working great but theres no vibration, many people are reporting this issue
    -VRAM usage bar not correct: the amount of VRAM in use in the bar is not right (digital foundry confirmed this) - NEW
    -Gsync OFF causes artifacts: if i turn off gsync the game gets crazy, textures not loading, shadows flickering, etc - NEW

GYSNC OFF ARTIFACTS VIDEO 1 - > https://imgur.com/a/yVsVlPs
    GYSNC OFF ARTIFACTS VIDEO 2 -> https://imgur.com/a/NustIDC

DXDIAG, MSINFO, NVIDIA SYSTEM INFO FILES -> https://we.tl/t-RrTeUHLWzD: (https://we.tl/t-RrTeUHLWzD)

• NoMoreBet-
    1 posts

Hi guys, I had the same issue. At first, I thought it was my Radeon setting so I try to work around with my setting. Been doing it for an hour I found out that every time I picked up the item and the game autosave it cause stutter. I had 5600x+6700XT. Fps is running at 60+ smoothly. Ubisoft needs to fix this.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Hey @nomorebet, welcome to the Far Cry 6 Discussions! Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues as well. Could you please first confirm if you were able to try out this technical troubleshooting article?

Official Response
  • jotarodazpa
    46 posts

Bump

@Ubi-Mark @UbiStorm @Ubi-Borealis

So, no word from ubisoft team??......

I have one more issue to report:

-Random crashes: the game crashed a few times already randomly and i end up loosing progress on some missions.
    -Dualsense PS5 controller no vibration: adaptive triggers are working great but theres no vibration, many people are reporting this issue
    -VRAM usage bar not correct: the amount of VRAM in use in the bar is not right (digital foundry confirmed this)
    -Gsync OFF causes artifacts: if i turn off gsync the game gets crazy, textures not loading, shadows flickering, etc
    -Low GPU/CPU usage: the game is single threaded, only 1 core is 90%-100% used, the other cores are at 30-60%. Same for the GPU only used 60-70%. - NEW

• Ywap
    51 posts

@ubi-mercury I really don´t think anyone need to try out the troubleshooting, sending dx info and other stuff. All this has been done hundreds of times for Far Cry 5 and New Dawn. It´s kind of rude to your customers to pretend it´s raining and acting surprised that people have auto save stuttering in the Far Cry games.

Resident Evil Village had the same problem with auto save stutter until they removed Denuvo in a patch. After that the game runs butter smooth.

Not saying this is the case with Dunia, who knows. Some people speculate that it´s when the save file gets too large the stuttering starts.

Anyway, hope you take this matter serious and report it to the development team.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

Small stutter when picking up items? i glady trade my 10fps stutters while driving, acessing new areas, etc, do you guys want to make a trade?

My constant stutter:

-> https://imgur.com/a/0XkRDvN

Solution is to turn off HD texture pack because 3080 16gb vram is not enough, but a PS5 or XSX 500 euros console can do it

• Kleindoktor
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rizz768
    177 posts

Ah I just made another thread about this issue, I searched beforehand but this thread didn't show up.

I'm having the same problem with stutters when looting items, but the funny thing is, I started a new game on another save slot, and the looting is smooth as butter, so this is a problem that occurs over time, might have something to do with the amount of materials the player has collected.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@kittylp3 This stutter after autosave when picking up items also happens to me. Really annoying.

My specs:

RTX 2080 Ti
    32 GB DDR4 3733 Mhz Ram
    2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD
    i9 9900ks processor
    Windows 10, most up to date drivers and OS version.

At 3440x1440p resolution and capped to 60 FPS with high settings applied.

• DevourColossus
    93 posts

@geeooff i9-10900k. All ubisoft games play like [censored] on my laptop and desktop, which are both intel/nvidia. Laptop is windows 10, desktop I upgraded to from 10 to 11 with zero changes in performance.

• DevourColossus
    93 posts

@ubi-viral you can find them in my other case files. It's the same [censored] information.

• yourecord
    8 posts

@ubistorm that´s again one of these "automated answers" you have to follow in your narrative.
    Sadly all your suggestions have a lot in common with "nose picking"
    you know that it is a problem with the game, because every gamer has this problem, no matter the hardware they are using.
    so ubisoft, get your sh** straight and work on fixing these things, instead of holding us in a "troubleshooting loop"...

• yourecord
    8 posts

@ywap i answered this to ubi:
    that´s again one of these "automated answers" you have to follow in your narrative.
    Sadly all your suggestions have a lot in common with "nose picking"
    you know that it is a problem with the game, because every gamer has this problem, no matter the hardware they are using.
    so ubisoft, get your sh** straight and work on fixing these things, instead of holding us in a "troubleshooting loop"...

Suggested Topics