ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

@quicker37 does the fps drops happens as soon you start playing or after sometime?

Post a screenshot of your benchmark result

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

@haybai so... is the stuttering really gone? also, do you notice more stuttering with hd texture on?

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts

RTX 3060 12GB VRAM desktop with HD Texture ON same big stutters:

HWINFO printscreen with temperatures, clocks, of my laptop:

-> https://imgur.com/66P3hxD

• DHO_N1
    3 posts

Извиняюсь, что пишу на русском языке.

У меня тоже периодически падает ФПС до 10-20, тогда как обычно 50-60 на высоких настройках.

Ноутбук Asus ROG G713
    Ryzen 5600h
    2x8 Gb DDR4-3200
    RTX 3050Ti

Падение ФПС не происходит лишь на настройках пресетом "Low". В остальных пресетах: "Ultra", "High", "Medium" - рандомные дропы.

• simpsons_lover
    2 posts

@quicker37 This is caused by autosave. There is no fix for this and it has nothing to do with any settings or hardware.

• Quicker37
    5 posts

@simpsons_lover Oh okay. That would make sense. I am hoping they come out with a fix soon. Can not really play the game without it.

• DocHoliday69
    1 posts

@quicker37 I have a i7 9700K Samsung 860 evo 4TB and 32 gig ram and EVGA RtX3090.
    When I first played the game it ran great on ultra. After upgrading my driver to 472.12 it ran terrible, a day later out came 496.13 even ran worse. Today I went back to 471.96 and guess what, runs fantastic again.
    With the other 2 drivers It was unplayable in even high settings. I'm back on ultra and enjoying the game again. Hope this works for some others with the low FPS issue.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for telling us of your FPS experience in the game so far.

The system requirements for the game can be found here, for both 30fps and 60 fps recommendations >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/far-cry-6/article/system-requirements-for-far-cry-6/000098943

To help see if you can improve your FPS results in general, please follow all the steps in our Far Cry 6 guide here >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000099056

When you post about this, to help us investigate this further could you please tell us the following 4x details, so we can see if there are any patterns >

• What are your specs for CPU, GPU + Vram, Ram
    • What kind of FPS do you achieve in-game, using the on-screen Ubisoft FPS overlay?
    • What are you doing in the game when you notice these drops?
    • Can you please upload a jpeg screenshot of your in-game settings (in full) from the 'Monitor' tab, 'Quality' tab and the 'Advanced Settings' tab

If the troubleshooting listed above does not work for you, I recommend creating a support case with us, as advised in the link above, so we can give you a more personalized support one-to-one and double-check your system set up.

Official Response
  • Quicker37
    5 posts

@Ubi-Milky
    I believe the community has already figured the issue out for you all. It has to do with the "Auto Save" feature.
    If I uploaded a picture of my settings there would be 100 pictures as I have tested by closing the game, changing 1 setting at a time, reopening and the issue still occurs.
    At this point it is just a matter of the programmers figuring out why the autosave is causing the FPS drop.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts
    @quicker37 I have a i7 9700K Samsung 860 evo 4TB and 32 gig ram and EVGA RtX3090.
    When I first played the game it ran great on ultra. After upgrading my driver to 472.12 it ran terrible, a day later out came 496.13 even ran worse. Today I went back to 471.96 and guess what, runs fantastic again.
    With the other 2 drivers It was unplayable in even high settings. I'm back on ultra and enjoying the game again. Hope this works for some others with the low FPS issue.

I bet tomorrow or in a few days you get low fps again. Maybe you are on a place in the game thats is less demanding

• Andrew_WOT1
    4 posts

Desktop PC 3080Ti (12GB VRAM), i9-9900K, 16GB DRAM, G-Sync monitor, Win11, latest NVidia driver 496.13.
    Stuttering with HD textures enabled, Ubisoft overlay is disabled, the only thing that works is disabling HD textures, after that it's butter smooth, looks better too.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts
    Desktop PC 3080Ti (12GB VRAM), i9-9900K, 16GB DRAM, G-Sync monitor, Win11, latest NVidia driver 496.13.
    Stuttering with HD textures enabled, Ubisoft overlay is disabled, the only thing that works is disabling HD textures, after that it's butter smooth, looks better too.

Thank you so much @Andrew_WOT1 for your feedback mate, when you can please share a benchmark result printscreen and post here (or a video if you want)

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • jotarodazpa
    46 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLaptops/comments/qdmryb/far_cry_6_3080_16gb_vram_hd_texture_on_huge/

3090 24GB VRAM - huge stutters

6900 16GB VRAM - huge stutters

This happens to laptop and desktop systems.

I did everything i could, shared my system files, DXDIAG, HWINFO, printscreen of my benchmark result, videos, created ubisoft ticket15537292 with all the information... 

--------------------------------------- P.S --------------------------------------------------

Could it be DENUVO?.........

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-village-drm-denuvo-stuttering/

Digital Foundry has shown that bypassing Resident Evil Village's DRM resolves a stuttering issue.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there,

I've merged together several threads about encountering stuttering / low FPS whilst playing Far Cry 6 on PC. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports and experiences with us, and for also including videos and more information about your system specs. I've taken a look through this thread, and I've forwarded all of this information to the development team for further investigation. Thank you to the following people for providing videos, as these are very helpful for understanding how you experience this issue in-game: @andi0139, @KittyLP3, @Kleindoktor, @glossectomy138

I have also passed along the benchmark screenshots, videos and system files you have shared within this thread, @jotarodazpa.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you try these basic PC troubleshooting steps. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues in-game, such as stuttering. In particular, I would recommend that you disable any background applications, as these can conflict with game files and cause issues. You can try running a Clean Boot: (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd) to establish if there are any programmes conflicting with your game files.

We have also had reports that disabling the Ubisoft Connect Overlay can help to alleviate low FPS and stuttering in-game. If you haven't given this a try already, I would recommend that you do so.

If you are still encountering stuttering in-game after trying these steps, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are you system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Does the stuttering only occur when carrying out certain actions (such as picking up items), or in certain locations?
    • If you have any videos which shows the stuttering happening in-game, these will be helpful for further investigation. I would recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

We can then forward these additional reports to the development team for a closer look. Additionally, if the development team requested any further information, we will let you know within this thread.

Once we have any new details to share from the investigation, we will reach out to you all within the forums. In the meantime, we encourage you to provide all of the requested information if you have not already.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • craftercis
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis If we disable the overlay. Is it still possible to earn achievements?

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@kurea_hasumi Do you have FSR enabled?

• Skormy-Skormy
    5 posts

@rizz768 I regret looting everything. I should have farmed materials with Spec Ops and animal hunting T__T

• Andrew_WOT1
    4 posts

@jotarodazpa , sure thing.
    Everything on Ultra, RayTracing on, no DLSS or FSR, HDR enabled

Top HD Texture On
    Bottom HD Texture Off
    https://imgur.com/a/BKqayZ6

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there!

You should still be able to unlock achievements as normal even if the overlay is disabled, @craftercis. You won't receive any pop-up notifications that you've unlocked these achievements in-game, though, as this is part of the Ubisoft Connect overlay.

Thanks for sharing a link to those images of your framerate in-game, @Andrew_WOT1. I've added this to your report to the development team.

We are still interested in collecting reports from players who are encountering stuttering in-game after completing all of the suggested troubleshooting steps. If you haven't already, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are you system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Does the stuttering only occur when carrying out certain actions (such as picking up items), or in certain locations?
    • If you have any videos which shows the stuttering happening in-game, these will be helpful for further investigation. I would recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

We can then pass these reports along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics