ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts
    • @ubi-borealis What are you system specs (CPU/GPU)? Intel Core i9-9900k / RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X GPU playing at 4k with 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ RAM
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves? Yes in a specific scenario. When I enable Fidelity FX Super Resolution in conjunction with the HD Texture Pack, the game stutters every time I switch between weapons or just when moving within the game world. Disabling Fidelity FX Super Resolution reduces this stuttering a lot but there are blurry textures introduced instead (I realize there is a separate thread for this). My guess is the reason stutters disappear when disabling FSR is because the game stops loading high res assets. Disabling the HD Texture Pack further reduces stuttering but enabling Fidelity FX Super Resolution increases it again. Something with FSR is causing this. Bunch of videos demonstrating this below:

FSR On/Off and HD Texture Pack enabled (As you can see both in benchmark and while switching guns, stutter increases with FSR On and is lower with FSR off):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dgw5l4HenCBg94TcwMDqUP2yiGfquaZb/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dgw5l4HenCBg94TcwMDqUP2yiGfquaZb/view?usp=sharing)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SkQjBd_XP8kESzaIJFc6sRvT-oObYBOk/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SkQjBd_XP8kESzaIJFc6sRvT-oObYBOk/view?usp=sharing)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LBX8hhGvVaPmM1XpSWqxt1x8UIfoYIDR/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LBX8hhGvVaPmM1XpSWqxt1x8UIfoYIDR/view?usp=sharing)
    FSR On/Off and HD Texture Pack disabled (As you can see both in benchmark and while switching guns, stutter increases with FSR On and is lower with FSR off):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRp_WVSRNp49FdbENAXcn2lRNb7ae9he/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRp_WVSRNp49FdbENAXcn2lRNb7ae9he/view?usp=sharing)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CLOWMlRe63Ryc8E3WQCMBZTfZZWE0ztK/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CLOWMlRe63Ryc8E3WQCMBZTfZZWE0ztK/view?usp=sharing)

• Does the stuttering only occur when carrying out certain actions (such as picking up items), or in certain locations? Occurs when switching between guns, picking up items, simply walking/running around and travelling in a vehicle
    • If you have any videos which shows the stuttering happening in-game, these will be helpful for further investigation. I would recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. Shared on the above Google drive links

• TheOutsider-NL-
    14 posts

Yes same here, massive fps drop random.. Must restart the game to continue. Some i can play 30 min it happens and sometimes after a few minutes. Hope they fix it soon..

• craftercis
    60 posts

@theoutsider-nl Ubisoft is now uploading a patch to all platforms. Hope its good stuff

• Evileh
    1 posts

Whats weird on my end (2700x 3080ti) is when i'm on my monitor and am playing (gsync enabled) HD pack enabled it stutters like crazy, with it off it's perfectly fine, but heres the kicker... If I hook it up to my c7 oled and run it at 4k hd pack enabled, there is absolutely no stutter what so ever. Hook it back up to monitor and it's immediately back at same resolution. I've turned off gsync and such and it still stutters slightly but on a tv it doesn't (with hd pack enabled)

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Thanks for that information, everyone, are you only noticing the FPS drops when the game is auto saving?

Official Response
  • Kurea_Hasumi
    9 posts

@bladerunner4077 No FSR is not enabled. No HD textures either.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@theoutsider-nl You have enabled the HD Textures pack whuch is why the fps is going in the single digits. You are running out of vram and the game is switching to system ram. Disable HD Pack and check. Do not enable the HD Pack unless you have minimum 16GB of GPU VRAM.

• Charles.dg2
    36 posts

@ubi-borealis The stuttering problem is worse because of poor hardware resource management better wait till they fix it I believe
    It could brick your system

• Charles.dg2
    36 posts

@andi0139 Me too

• Charles.dg2
    36 posts

@andi0139 There's a memory leak problem too when I exited the game before it crashed I discovered Ubisoft connect was using all my 32 GIgs of ram

• Andrew_WOT1
    4 posts

Unfortunately today's patch didn't fix anything, still stuttering with HD Textures ON.
    Grabbed VRAM usage during benchmark with and without HD textures, HD textures is the top one. Looks like it's most likely due to inefficient textures loading (look at these spikes) and system memory swapping.
    https://imgur.com/a/PtF8N7M

• Quicker37
    5 posts

@ubisushivamp I will double check on this with my system. However I know that it is so random. I could be walking around and it'll just drop. I could press ESC and it'll drop. Looking at map or inventory. Initiating a conversation with someone can do it. Using the workbench to change weapons or upgrade can cause it. It is very random.
    am submitting a ticket to have you guys look into it more because it really make's the game hard to enjoy when I have to close it and reopen it randomly 1-2 times an hour if not more.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts
    Hello there,

I've merged together several threads about encountering stuttering / low FPS whilst playing Far Cry 6 on PC. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports and experiences with us, and for also including videos and more information about your system specs. I've taken a look through this thread, and I've forwarded all of this information to the development team for further investigation. Thank you to the following people for providing videos, as these are very helpful for understanding how you experience this issue in-game: @andi0139, @KittyLP3, @Kleindoktor, @glossectomy138

I have also passed along the benchmark screenshots, videos and system files you have shared within this thread, @jotarodazpa.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you try these basic PC troubleshooting steps. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues in-game, such as stuttering. In particular, I would recommend that you disable any background applications, as these can conflict with game files and cause issues. You can try running a Clean Boot to establish if there are any programmes conflicting with your game files.

We have also had reports that disabling the Ubisoft Connect Overlay can help to alleviate low FPS and stuttering in-game. If you haven't given this a try already, I would recommend that you do so.

If you are still encountering stuttering in-game after trying these steps, please can you provide us with the following information:
    What are you system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    Does the stuttering only occur when carrying out certain actions (such as picking up items), or in certain locations?
    If you have any videos which shows the stuttering happening in-game, these will be helpful for further investigation. I would recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

We can then forward these additional reports to the development team for a closer look. Additionally, if the development team requested any further information, we will let you know within this thread.

Once we have any new details to share from the investigation, we will reach out to you all within the forums. In the meantime, we encourage you to provide all of the requested information if you have not already.

Thank you 🙂

@Ubi-Borealis

In the comments section:

@Ubi-Borealis, put HD texture ON and everything on ULTRA with FSR OFF to reproduce the stutters, then just run the benchmark or driving fast to new areas.

Sometimes the stutters occur randomly too.

At the beginning of the game theres a place full of banana trees and a small eletric station, and if you drive there it causes lot of stutters, traversing that street one place to another.

In the next days i will do a video to show the stutters in this place, but sometimes the stutters are not visible in the recorded video

Thats why i shared the benchmark result

@jotarodazpa , sure thing.
    Everything on Ultra, RayTracing on, no DLSS or FSR, HDR enabled

Top HD Texture On
    Bottom HD Texture Off
    https://imgur.com/a/BKqayZ6

@Andrew_WOT1 , Yeap same as me: https://imgur.com/a/4s9wIQB

And another person with 3080 16gb vram laptop with hd texture on (scroll down to see the graph): https://imgur.com/a/qPQxK4Y

@jotarodazpa I don’t think it’s Denuvo. 6900XT runs this HD Pack perfectly without stuttering.

@Bladerunner4077, you dont saw my videos?... 6800XT, 6900Xt, 3090, suffers from this too...

6900XT

Huge stutter at the start of the benchmark

And remember not everyone posts videos or complaints online

@Bladerunner4077 3090 24gb VRAM benchmark full of stutters:

• TheOutsider-NL-
    14 posts

@bladerunner4077 No thats nonsens. There are times i can play for a half an hour and it happens, sometimes a few minutes. Have a RTX3080. But a New Nvidia driver has come out, that seems to resolve the issue. Now a steady 70-75 fps with 4K Ultra settings.
    See this video

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports within this thread. The development team have reached out and would like to collect some more information from affected players as part of the investigation.

If you haven't already, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are your in-game settings? If you can provide a video or images showing these, that would be very helpful.
    • What are your system specs?
    • Can you please open a support ticket and upload a copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag. These system files provide the team with a better understanding of your system.
    • Can you please upload a copy of your save file to the cloud. This support article can show you how to do this.

I would recommend uploading any media to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. Additionally, if you are having trouble opening a support ticket via the Ubisoft Help Portal, you can also open a ticket via Twitter or Facebook. Once you have opened a support ticket, please let us know your case number so we can ensure your system files are forwarded to the development team.

@Bladerunner4077 - Thank you for such a detailed report, and for including multiple videos. I've passed on what you've shared so far to the development team for a closer look. Would you also be able to provide us with more information about your in-game settings, as well as copies of your system files?

@TheOutsider-NL - Thanks for sharing a video with us! Would you also be able to provide us with all of the information requested above? We can then forward this report to the development team for further investigation.

@craftercis & @Andrew_WOT1 - Please note that the hot fix released on October 27 2021 didn't include any specific fixes for stuttering and low FPS issues encountered in-game. I apologise for any confusion or disappointment that may have been caused. You can read more about this hot fix here.

@Evileh - Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Would you be able to provide us with all of the additional information requested above, as this will be helpful for the ongoing investigation.

@Charles-dg2 - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing stuttering in-game. Would you be able to provide us with the additional information requested above?

@jotarodazpa - Thank you for sharing more information with us, and for including what you have found from other players as well. Rest assured that I have passed along the images and videos you have shared with us previously, as well as the system files you shared with us already. If you'd like to provide more videos, you are more than welcome to! If you could also provide us with more information of your in-game settings, that would also be helpful for the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • craftercis
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hi! Here is my information:

In-game settings:

In this video, I show 3 different benchmarks. The first is my 'Sweet Spot', good quality and good performance.
    The second option is Ultra (without Raytracing)
    The third and final option is Ultra with FidelityFX (Ultra Quality)

System specs:
    GPU: MSI Suprim X Geforce RTX 3090
    CPU: Intel i9-9900K
    Ram: 32GB
    Resolution: 2560 x 1440
    Refresh Rate: 144Hz
    OC: Windows 11

MSinfo + DxDiag files:
    Case number: 15559792

Copy save file to the cloud:
    Check!

Gameplay:

In this video, I show some gameplay with the 3 different settings I explained above. Unfortunately, he didn't record the FPS but it stayed 60+

Gameplay (MAX SETTINGS)

In this video are a benchmark and small gameplay with max settings

In these videos, you can see that my Cpu12 is doing all the work. This is due to how your Far Cry engine works, but I hope you make a fix for this too. My FPS is not that bad but the stutters take me out of the experience.

I'll leave the game alone for now. Hope the next Title update (early November?) will solve many problems.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks. In game settings have been shown in the videos. Let me know if you want me to provide them separately again. The system files have been uploaded in ticket number 15522403. Let me know if you want me to provide again please.

• arochachris
    1 posts

I have a Ryzen 5900x with rtx 3080 ti. When game boots up it runs great but not long after that I encounter severe FPS drops and even a boot out of the game back to desktop. This game is currently unplayable and is very frustrating that even well after launch I'm still encountering this issue. Are you guys aware of this if so please fix ASAP!

• craftercis
    60 posts

@arochachris
    Have you tried to verify your game files? And do you have installed the latest Nvidia driver?

• TheOutsider-NL-
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis

I cant create a support ticket, It only says start chat and that is unavailable. I see nowhere submit ticket.

Suggested Topics