ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• olalaquebien
    Original poster 69 posts

One of the classic issues of FC on PC. When the game loads stuff like the area graphics/shaders/npc/enemies/general stuff you're gonna come across in an area, it produces a micro-shutter due to a poor shader implementation having trouble when communicating with gpu drivers, regardless amd or nvidia. Doesn't matter you are on ssd, happens the same.

The issue becomes even more noticeable when using a car due to obvious reason with the game having to load more situational stuff faster.

Is this problem present again in FC6?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6000 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding stuttering and low FPS within this thread. I'd like to reach out to you with an update from the development team regarding the investigation into this issue.

As we have had reports of multiple different causes for stutter / FPS drops, the development team have decided to open up multiple investigations to allow them to better investigate the potential causes. To help us to collect reports for these investigations, we will now be opening up new Megathreads and locking this original thread. Opening up new threads will make it easier for us to support you with your specific stuttering issue, and to ensure that we collect all of the requested information from the development team.

We have now have opened up Megathreads for the following investigations:

If none of the above threads match the issue you're encountering in your own game, please can you open up a new thread so we can investigate this separately. Please include as much information as possible, such as what causes the stuttering to occur in-game, a video of the issue, and your system specs.

Rest assured that we have passed on the reports that have been shared with us in this thread so far for use in these investigations. If you have already provided a report within this thread, you are welcome to share it again in the new Megathread if you wish.

Please note that the development team has also been investigation reports of stuttering / low FPS caused when picking up items in-game, and will be deploying a fix for this specific issue in a future update! We don't yet have an ETA for when this update will be released. Any updates will be shared via patch notes in the News & Announcements forums, so please check here regularly.

@MrChris - Please note that the upcoming fix is for the reported stuttering issue that occurs when picking up items (which can trigger an autosave). If you are encountering stuttering . low fps when the game autosaves after different actions, I'd recommend sharing your report within our new dedicated Megathread so we can pass this on for further investigation.

@Mr-Gepardas - I'm sorry to hear that the stuttering when moving the camera continues to persist after trying the suggested troubleshooting steps. Are you still unable to launch the game following the hot fix that was deployed on 16 November 2021? If so, I recommend that you update your support ticket so our team can investigate your crashing issue further. If your crashing issue has been resolved but you're still experiencing stuttering when moving the camera, please can you let us know if our new dedicated Megathread? We can then pass along your report, including the video and system files you've provided, to the development team for further investigation.

@Sammarok - Thank you for clarifying that this stutter occurs when the game autosaves following other actions as well. Before we forward your report to the development team, I'd like to collect an additional video from you that shows the autosave stutter occur when you're not picking up items. Would you be able to share your video within our new Megathread for this issue?

@jotarodazpa - Rest assured that we have forwarded all of the reports that have been kindly shared by @craftercis to the development team 🙂

@Snakeam - I've moved your post into our new dedicated Megathread for stuttering caused by autosaving, and have reached out to you there for more information. Please check it out when you're next able to.

@craftercis - Thank you for providing us with another video! I'm glad to hear that the stuttering has decreased since updating both the game and your drivers. I've moved this post into our new dedicated Megathread for stuttering / low FPS caused when using the HD texture pack, as I'd like to collect some additional information from you to forward to the development team. Please check this out when you're next able to.

@DHO_N1 - You're currently within the English Player Support forums. Would you be able to offer a translation of your post for me? Alternatively, if you'd like to receive support in Russian, I'd recommend opening a support ticket. A member of your regional team will reach out to you as soon as they are able to.

@Hexaven - Welcome to the forums! 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing stuttering after installing the Vaas Insanity DLC. Would you be able to open up a new thread about this issue so we can investigate this further?

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6000 posts

Hello there @olalaquebien!

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I've checked in with the dedicated game team, who have informed me that this is not a known issue with Far Cry 6.

If you do encounter any graphical issues when playing Far Cry 6, please don't hesitate to reach out to us so we can investigate further. When making a report, please include any additional videos or images that you think may be useful for the investigation as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • willman10
    1 posts
    Hello there @olalaquebien!

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I've checked in with the dedicated game team, who have informed me that this is not a known issue with Far Cry 6.

If you do encounter any graphical issues when playing Far Cry 6, please don't hesitate to reach out to us so we can investigate further. When making a report, please include any additional videos or images that you think may be useful for the investigation as well.

Thanks! 😊

It is a problem though, The same micro stutter that was in 4 and 5 is in 6!
    Very Annoying!!!

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2312 posts

Hello @willman10,

Thank you for the update and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • olalaquebien
    Original poster 69 posts

As I was expecting, again.

There's no need for videos or anything else. Your folks at develop team now very well what we are talking about, as this micro-shutters have always been there in the PC version for a while already, because you decided not to follow the system other devs use in order to get this sorted out in the PC versions of their games; to create a shaders file in your Windows/GPU files that need to be installed prior playing the game in the SDD, so the micro-shutters caused by the poor communication between the engine and the GPU drivers anytime new situational stuff needs to be loaded dissapear, once every part of the map has been loaded at least once.

And the cause of this?, of course "consolization", as your PC version still isn't optimized for PC very well, right?, I mean on consoles this doesn't happen because the engine is straight up prepared to deal with this, perfectly optimized for that. What a coincidence uh?

• jeraya68
    4 posts
    Hello,

I have a newer PC, and have never had such a hard time running a game. I have the latest Nvidia graphics driver available.

I am still at the start of the game in the sequences in town where you have to escape and the game struggles to keep the 60 fps, I am often below with drops to 50, or even less, even in the benchmark test in play. I also have micro freeze constantly when I turn the camera which makes the game not smooth at all.

Graphics parameters used: Full screen resolution 1440 P, all in medium. I tested several different parameters as well as the super resolution FX, the results remain almost identical.

I specify that I have largely the config recommended to play in 1440 P.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2312 posts

Hello @jeraya68,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please provide us with your full PC specs against your graphics settings? Secondly, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article?

If the issue persists, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • jeraya68
    4 posts

@ubi-mark

ryzen 5 5600 X
    RTX 3060 ti
    16 gbs RAM

• andi0139
    18 posts

Hi Guys,

is no one complaining about the stuttering that is happening all few seconds? Running a 3080 Ti,i9 11900kf, 32GB 3600 Mhz CL14 Ram, 4k Ultra, HD Texture Pack on or Off, RTX on or OFF, the Game is stuttering all few seconds and you can see the stutters in the afterburner frametimegraphs, saw a lot of videos on youtube with far cry 6 where the people have the same stuttering issues and frametimegraphs. Does really no one care?

• andi0139
    18 posts

Dear Devs,
    the game microstutters every few seconds with an rtx 3080ti, 11900kf, 3600mhz cl14 32gb ram, Every other game is running perfectly fine, but this game just stutters a lot.
    You can see the stutters on this youtubers video, mine is just the same, 4k Ultra Settings, Texture Packs on or off, RTX on or off doesnt matter:

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

It may not be that they don't care, it may be that it's not happening to them (it's not happening to me).
    And I'll be honest I haven't seen it in any videos, but if you have it's clearly happening to some.

Something related to your system setup perhaps?

• andi0139
    18 posts

@sofajockey

Look at this video, mine looks the same and you see the stutter everywhere in the Framethimegraph, every other game is working fine for me

Enable the Frametimegraph with MSI Afterburner and you will see that you have the same frametimespikes

• DevourColossus
    94 posts

@andi0139 same. Frame drops all over the damn place. Then again, this is everyydamn game they release. I still have frame drops with valhalla because they can't fix their [censored]. I'm certain they don't play their own ports.

RTX 3090
    I9-10900k
    32g 32000mhz ram.

• andi0139
    18 posts

@devourcolossus good to hear i am not alone 🙂

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @andi0139, thanks for getting in touch and appreciate you for bringing this up.

First and foremost, in order to troubleshoot this, did you give the following steps a go by any chance? If you haven't, try completing them and see if issue continues to persist.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    94 posts

@ubi-karl I understand you are trying to help but these are all steps most people take before coming here to [censored]. To answer simply, yes. Still an issue.

• andi0139
    18 posts

@ubi-karl Hey thanks for your response, did all of that but it doesn't change anyhting unfortunately, other Games I play are working finde also.

Best regards
    Andi

• calrid12345
    3 posts

The OPs issue sounds like a setup/card issue more than a general issue I have a GTX2070s and I have no problems with it running on 4k runs smooth as silk on all ultra... Maybe it's something to do with the new 30 range cards? Difficult to say though... maybe it will be fixed with a card update/software update, I know Graphics card companies recieve complaints from people about specific games and games companies do talk to graphics card companies although Ubisoft are probably closer to AMD atm, anyway I am sure they will try and figure out the issue if they haven't done so all ready.

My monitor always says it is running at 30FPS or less, it is wierd, as it is 4k UHD so you'd expect it to be about 60 or <. But according to the left hand corner of the screen with FPS turned it is not. Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone had any thoughts on why. I have to say it plays like its 60fps and looks like its 60fps anyway so I Don't really care, just find it very strange.

• DevourColossus
    94 posts

@calrid12345 I am also having OP's issue on my 3090 desktop and my 2070 laptop. I have this issue with ALL ubisoft games. So no, it is not his card or set up. It is ubisoft not optimizing for higher end computers or optimizing for AMD over nvidia/ nvidia over AMD. I still have problems with valhalla which is also AMD optimized. Open ticket that has been beat to death since launch on three separate computers. They will not fix this issue if the past can predict the future.

• andi0139
    18 posts

@devourcolossus the strangest thing is a sometimes also have stutter in far cry 6 that doesnt show up in the afterburner frametimegraph, usally u see stutter in frametimegraph when theres a frametimespike, but in this game it sometimes stutters and the frametimegraph stays completely flat, never seen that before

Suggested Topics