ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@alejandro-10 Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about your FPS drop issue. Thank you for providing your case number, I can see you have not had a reply there yes.

I have looked over the system files that you attached to your support case and can see that you meet the minimum requirements for the game but not the recommended. You can find this information here.

As such you can expect to get in the region of 30FPS.

In regard to your GPU temperature, I am afraid I am unsure as to why it is running at lower temps. Are you able to check with the performance monitor on Windows whilst playing to see what your GPU and CPU usage is please? You can find this by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE and selecting Task Manager, from there open the performance tab.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Official Response
  • badabumpst
    12 posts

The game have constant micro stutters. For example:

car gameplay
    14:37-14:40

Im sure, that this issue have any user. Maybe, its denuvo related like in last RE8.

Seems they appear when NPC or enemies are spawning.

PC version have more stutters than Ps5 or XSX

• Alejandro-10
    4 posts

@ubi-viral Okay, I solved the problem. It's so silly but in the end problem fixed. Here's the thing; When you open the game and open your save (I mean completely open, not to the menu) pressing windows key and selecting one windows (i.e task manager) and returning to the game is solving the problem. You have to repeat this steps every time you open the game. If you don't do this, then fps drops keeps going all the time. And I also noticed that when you do this steps, gpu usage is not too high. Sometimes it goes as low as %25. When you don't do this steps, then gpu usage is around %90-80. When this happens, of course, there is a fps drop. So I can't really understand the problem right here. Maybe you can help me.

When you do don't do the steps (fps drops):
    https://ibb.co/PDvgDND: (https://ibb.co/PDvgDND)

When you do the steps (no more fps drops):
    https://ibb.co/28DPdD4: (https://ibb.co/28DPdD4)

• Dragon_Arcane83
    12 posts

Hello @Ubi-Mark ,

I've tried the troubleshouting steps, but nothing worked for me.

My specs are:
    Intel i7 9700K
    Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi
    Aorus RTX 3080
    Aorus 32 GB 3600
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU
    LG UltraGear 32 inch WQHD monitor

Far Cry 6 is installed on an Aorus 1 TB SSD

• HayBai
    8 posts

I get a lot stuttering or/and fps drops mostly in areas with many buildings. Switching between graphic settings doesnt help, yes fps count rises (not issue) but the stuttering still stays. Changing FOV doesnt effect.

Closing any unnecessary back programs, launching game as administrator wont fix this issue. GPU temps are hovering around 50-65 celsius and CPU temps are in 60-75 celsius range, so its not over heating issue.
    I have tried switching Far Cry 6 priority to high without difference. Game files has been verified and game drivers and game is updated to latest versions.

Also game did really stutter in first mission, when you were escaping to boat to get out of Yara.

EDIT: It seems like that I have low GPU and CPU usage even with ultra settings, 1440p resolution and RTX stuff ON. No idea how to fix this.

PC specs:
    GPU: Asus ROG RTX 3090
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    PSU: Crosair 1000w RM1000x
    MBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz CL14
    Storage: Crosair 2TB MP600 (Ubisoft Connect and FFC6 is installed there)

• Ubi-Viral

@badabumpst Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about the micro stuttering you are experiencing.

Thank you for the video, do you have a time stamp to a particular part that clearly shows this issue?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • badabumpst
    12 posts

@ubi-viral
    car gameplay
    14:37-14:40

Maybe, some Windows 10 settings may help?

Pls, make a special megathread like before for AC Valhalla about perfomance issues.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/pc-after-tu-1-1-0-i-am-experiencing-fps-drops-low-cpu-and-gpu-utilisation-post-here/243?lang=en-US&_=1633802564045
    thats really helpful

• KittyLP3
    4 posts

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem. The game makes an autosave after every item you pick up and therefore it stutters. When the game makes no Autosave after picking an item up, everything is fine.
    Apart from that I dont have any noticable performance issue.
    Maybe a patch, that disables autosaving after picking common items up will resolve the issue. Also, it seems pretty unnecessary to autosave after every item you pick up.

• Ubi-Viral

@alejandro-10 Thank you for getting back to us, this does seem rather strange. Does it also happen if you run the game in borderless mode? I am guessing you are in fullscreen mode as you have been pressing the Windows key.

Official Response
  • Sir.on-en-a-gro
    2 posts

@kittylp3 Same here !

• Alejandro-10
    4 posts

@ubi-viral Yes I was in fullscreen mode that time. I tried again in borderless mode after you said and same goes for it. When I click on a window and turning back to the game, it fixes the fps drops.

• Veritas_85
    2 posts

I experience the exact same problem. I got the same CPU and GPU combination (MSI Suprim) and i can't get more than roughly 35-40 fps. It actually doesn't matter if i disable hd-textures or raytracing or change the overall resolution - my fps stay roughly the same !? During cinematics i get around 30 fps and it stutters like s***.

My GPU usage is never more than around 40-50%, CPU usage is around 5-10%.

Reading some reviews, my setup should produce around 70 fps all maxed out.

• Ubi-Viral

@haybai @Veritas_85 Hey! Sorry to hear that you are both experiencing low FPS when trying to play.

Thank you both for the troubleshooting that you have done and also for sending your system specs. I would like to ask that you both please try disabling the Ubisoft Connect overlay and seeing if this helps at all?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Viral

@alejandro-10 Thank you for confirming this. Do you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled? If so can you try disabling it and seeing if it helps?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Viral

@kittylp3 @Sir-on-en-a-gro Hey! Sorry to hear that you both are experiencing this issue. Do you both have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled?

If so can you try disabling this and seeing if it helps please?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Alejandro-10
    4 posts

@ubi-viral I tried that before and it didn't work. Not relevant to this topic but also I'm encountering these problems too;

1. Amd FidelityFX Super Resolution option is not saving. Every time I open the game I had to open that setting again.
    2. When I open ubisoft connect overlay in game and return to game, fps drops 70-80 to 40-50.Doing alt+tab fixes it.
    3. What triggers this I don't know (maybe ubisoft overlay) but when I play game after a while, a problem occurs in the upper left of the screen. You can look screenshot. - https://ibb.co/t4G2rqC: (https://ibb.co/t4G2rqC)

• DevourColossus
    83 posts

@andi0139 the stutters are happening outside of the timing that the graph updates it's info, from what I've read. but yes, im having that problem as well.

• DevourColossus
    83 posts

@true_coverage they should just have a whole section for PC problems. 🙄

• olalaquebien
    Original poster 69 posts
    Hi there @olalaquebien

Thank you for providing further details on the micro-shutter you've been experiencing.

When reporting to our game teams, we like to make as much information available to them as possible. We greatly appreciate the in-depth explanation here and this can be forwarded as part of the report too. With this being said, gathering videos helps the team to paint a better picture, and aids with their investigations.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you.

I guess it is too late for you guys now to make the game create a shader cache file, that needs to be installed only once (and again anytime you install new drivers) in order to get this sorted, right?

What was it, a Dunia engine limiation due to its age?

Make the game create that shader cache file in an update please, and all those micro shutters once the game has to load new situational stuff will be a bad memory only.

Anyway, and due to experience with past FC tittles suffering from the same issue (fc3,4,5 primal and new dawn) where you did absolutely nothing to fix the problem, one can perfectly expect nothing coming from you, but just that polite correct words in this forum as if you were kind of showing any interest in the problem (and asking for videos and blahblah), when you already know what the issue is perfectly well (with the PC version again, doesn't happen on consoles) since the days of fc3.

• KittyLP3
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics