ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@justmerino @Ywap Thank you both for getting back to us. At the moment this issue is still being looked into.

Once there is more information to share we will update you.

Thank you.

• JustMerino
    34 posts

@ubi-viral thank you once again for the quick response
    Joseph

• AoshiSama
    1 posts

Hi Ubisoft, Since the last update of 20 GB. i have a lot of screen tearing on PS5, never had that much before the patch.

• Clupas
    3 posts

@aoshisama Yes,same here on ps5.I have some microstuttering/frame drops as well.Hotfix will be very welcomed.

• Met4lmilt
    10 posts

@aoshisama Good luck on them fixing it, i tried multiple ways to bring these issues to their attention and they either don't care or they know there is a problem and don't have the skills to fix it, i'm banking on the latter. Literally every PS5 native Ubisoft game on next-gen hardware has issues with screen tearing and a plethora of other issues that i won't bore folks with. Valhalla still has tearing to this day and never was addressed, so what does that tell ya? My response to Ubisoft was by selling off all my PS5 Ubisoft titles last week and spending my money elsewhere in the future. Hopefully i didn't come off too harsh but when i pay a premium price for a so called premium AAA product then i expect a premium experience in return. Take care and thanks for reading my thoughts.🤙

• JustMerino
    34 posts

@met4lmilt it’s also the same for the series x 😞

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to share your reports about screen tearing you have encountered on PS5. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue in-game.

I'd like to take a moment to reassure you all that the development team have been notified about this issue, and that they are actively investigating further. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation at this time. Rest assured that as soon as the development team have any new information to share, we will post these details within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum once they are made available.

@JustMerino - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing screen tearing on Xbox Series X as well. Would you be able to start a new thread about this issue? This will allow us to investigate the screen tearing you're experiencing on your Xbox without us going off-topic within this thread about screen tearing on PS5.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • darkcult
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis
    screen tearing is out of control at the moment for me (6-7hrs in to the game). Any official word on fixing this? It’s horrendous.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2661 posts

I can certainly appreciate that you are eager to hear updates on this issue of screen tearing on PS5, @darkcult

We don't have any to share for the moment, but I can confirm that our investigation is ongoing. In the meantime, I'd recommend keeping an eye on News & Announcement for updates by way of patch notes. My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Official Response
  • steven850818
    19 posts

I have the same issues
    There's lots of stuttering during gameplay, and happen very randomly, sometime just walking around, or in battle, on autosaving or not even on saving
    most of the time happen when driving, plus a lot of serious screen tearing.
    Does anyone also has random micro stutter issue like me or it's my ps5 hardware issue

• bentleym33
    1 posts

Yep, I'm also having alot of screen tearing and plenty of stuttering. It's definitely the game and not a hardware issue. Shame, because it's actually ruining the game for me. I'm tempted to put it on hold until it gets fixed (which I doubt)

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @steven850818 and @bentleym33,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing screen tearing and stuttering whilst playing Far Cry 6 on PS5. The development team is still actively investigating this issue further. As soon as we have any news to share with you all regarding the investigation, we will post within this thread or let you know via patch notes shared within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • steven850818
    19 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I have to mention that there are very similar issues also happen on AC Valhalla like random stuttering and screen tearing problems.(mostly stuttering issue
    At first I thought my ps5 was defective, but after testing these issues only happen on ubi games, other than that it's all fine. Just said that incidentally.

• Ubi-Borealis

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering stuttering and screen tearing on PS5 whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla as well, @steven850818. If you haven't already, I'd recommend sharing your report in their dedicated Megathread for this issue, so they can take a closer look at your experience.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • jacob1234432112
    5 posts

@ubi-mark I still get screen tearing and stuttering as of 12-17-2021 on ps5 version of Far Cry 6 with the latest update. Also when riding a horse the friendly vehicle ai seems to freak out on the road a lot and runs me over when I am on the opposite side of the road as if they purposely try to turn into me like the enemy ai should do.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @jacob1234432112!

Thanks for sharing an update with us following the release of Title Update 3 and the December hotfixes. The development team are still investigating screen tearing on PS5 further, which is why there hasn't been any fixes for this issue released. Rest assured that the team are still investigating screen tearing on PS5. Once we have any updates to share with you all, they will be posted in this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

I'd recommend creating a new thread about the issue you're experiencing with friendly AI seemingly targeting you and your horse. This will allow us to investigate this trouble further without going off-topic within this thread about screen tearing.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • yjsnpkmr
    8 posts

@ubi-mark
    Excuse me. Stutters and the screen tearing in FarCry6 on Xbox series X have not been fixed until now. 2021 12 30

I encounter those drops when I use helicopter , airplane or swingsuit.
    I think they are caused by too many polygons and textures on a screen.

Could you prepare 1080p60fps performance-mode? 
    If those issues sill occur even on performance-mode, I will write feedback again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @yjsnpkmr!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing stuttering and screen tearing whilst playing Far Cry 6 on Xbox. Would you be able to create a new thread about this issue? This will allow us to investigate this further without going off-topic within this thread about stuttering / screen tearing on PS5.

When opening a new thread, please include a video which shows the stuttering and screen tearing you're experiencing in-game, as this will be helpful for further investigation. I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • yjsnpkmr
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis
    OK. I'll capture my gameplay soon or after next update.
    If I capture my gameplay after next update ,
    should I post a link , on a new thread within the Player Support forum or ,on an official thread within the News&Announcements forum?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2661 posts

Hey there @yjsnpkmr , thanks for coming back to us about this.

Right here in the Player Support forum would be ideal - thanks for checking, we really appreciate it!

Let me know if you've any other questions.

Official Response

Suggested Topics