ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OrcD3vil
    Original poster 1 posts

First off I've waited for Far Cry 6 for a while was all excited for it! I've clocked in 5+ hours now I know its not a lot compared to most people but so many things make me not want to login at all for FC6. The intro was ok nothing special to be honest, got my pre-order bonus and put on the Dragon Sniper Rifle and Explosive Gun, was like oh nice good little guns lets ROCK THIS. Try to snipe something with a straight 100% face shot and it doesn't register at all, no guards alerted no damage to the NPC nothing. Ummm Ok maybe a fluke right? Nope emptied a FULL clip into one guard and its not dead at all. Then I'm shotting a guard in a truck its a little on fire no HP bar on the truck doesn't look like its on fire to much approach it and get ready to repair it "BOOM" I'm dead. So Can't tell when vehicles will blow up, can't snipe anything, now trying to sneak into a base and they can see me while in the middle of bushes and kill me when I'm like 100 yards away! I remember that sometimes with FC5/New Dawn annoying as hell to be honest, figured maybe they would fix that but nope. Now the radar doesn't show people most of the time just a red BLOB in the area and can't see anyone through tree's but yet they can shoot my bogger hanging in my nose in the middle of a bush and kill me. This is crazy can't use a sniper rifle, vehicles blow up with very little damage and so much more. Don't get me started on the pets that are suppose to help you. They summon randomly even though I unsummon them, they RUN inside the base and alert the guards so I have to fight instead of being stealthy. Honestly I just want my money back this game is not finished in the least bit its buggy like nothing else. I loved playing from the Original FC to New Dawn the only one I didn't like was Primal. THIS game honestly is trash I hate to say it really.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

Wall of text. TL, DR.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@orcd3vil I struggled to read all the words, but no I disagree after dozens of hours and finishing the game. I find it the best in the series but your mileage clearly differs, so ok...

I'm seeing nothing in your post to justify that the game is '100% broke', just because it's not to your taste (which is fine).

• katzenkrimis71
    230 posts

-Can't tell when vehicles will blow up,

-Can't snipe anything,

-Don't get me started on the pets that are suppose to help you. They summon randomly even though I unsummon them, they RUN inside the base and alert the guards so I have to fight instead of being stealthy.

====

So, what you are saying is that after only five hours you are too impatient to learn how to play the game properly.

It's common sense that you do not, under any circumstances, hang around vehicles during, or after, a firefight. It's the dumbest thing that you can do in this game. I died a couple of times from vehicle explosions in my first five hours. I'm at 78 hours now, and I made sure to never let it happen again.

Stealth is difficult in this game, which is good, because it's pathetic in most games. Including Assassin's Creed, where stealth is supposed to excel.

You need patience for stealth to work, which is a skill that you are lacking.

As far as the pets go, you can direct them to stand anywhere that you want, and they will stay put. In my first five hours playing this game, when I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I would direct my pets to stand in a corner somewhere while I attacked the base alone. 78 hours later, after unlocking and fully levelling up all five of my pets, I realized that three of the pets are great for stealth play. Boom Boom, Chorizo, and Osulu especially.

In fact, if you had the patience to unlock Oluso and the Supremo backpack that comes with him, you'd be raving about stealth play because that backpack skill, when fully upgraded, is the most overpowered stealth ability that I've ever seen in a video game. Add a fully upgraded Oluso to the equation and it becomes the most overpowered stealth combo in the 50-year history of video game design.

So, before you puke up a bunch of nonsense about how stealth play sucks in this game, know that you are the problem, not the game itself.

• ophtho77
    26 posts

Now I know why the game is so easy on active, would not want to be a developer for games and make a game this easy and still get that type of reaction.

Im 30 hours into a permadeath run (if I die I start over) and have not died yet (not 1st playthrough).

Every enemy I shoot dies in 1 shot (rifle) or 1 burst (assault), the enemy is slow to react so can easily use machete or silenced rifle without being detected. And in rare occasion they spot me first, I get first shot off because they react too slowly.

few things you learn with patience
    1) Headshots with correct gun/mod/armor piercing rounds = 1 shot death for every enemy in game. Some guns with correct mods will allow 1 short burst for body shot deaths.
    2) find the best guns (ssgp58), mod them, and use them.
    3) use clothing to help stealth or armor
    4) use explosive rounds with lmg to down any chopper.
    5) stealth like prior mentioned requires different skills than running/gunning
    6) there is only 1 stealth companion, but for stealth you shouldnt be using companions. Juan (character in game) at the beginning clearly says to leave companion behind if you want to go in quiet.

For me the ideal difficulty is you barely survive with beginning gear/guns, then game becomes impossible without learning mechanics, leveling up, and exploring to find best guns/gear. Cyberpunk did this correctly on "very hard" mode. That is what makes finding the right gun/gear exciting and the game challenging.

However far cry is so easy on active that you CAN easily beat game without exploring or using best guns or any armor/special clothing and only rarely die (usually from falling/wingsuit issues not enemies)

edit: and if you want to play in basically god mode and never die:
    1) ssgp58 with AP rounds, ms16L with AP rounds, use mods increase damage with aiming/body shots.
    2) lmg with explosive rounds for choppers
    3) desert eagle pistol with scope or 50 cal both silenced for sniper
    4) health supremo, allows for 7 med kits with quick button (in grenade slot) + V revive after "near death" fully leveled with animal perks.
    5) use early guerilla helmet from beginning of game that does AP/soft/blast protection + munitions jersey that does all 3, even though says minor protection, no difference between major/minor armor, each armor does ~15% protection for AP/soft, ~10% blast, regardless of the description, either bugged or major armor was too strong in testing and scaled back, then never changed wording. ie all mkII higher level armor is a downgrade since same protection as minor and only does 1 or 2 of ap/soft/blast.
    6) build la cantina, eat food to protect burn/ap/soft/blast/regen health/increase ammo, it is bugged allows all active once you close game and reopen.
    7) wear gloves for rebound + supremo with rebound.

you will regen health instantly after each shot, very difficult to die even if purposely running in middle of combat, makes the game so easy you think you are in god mode, then you will get bored and scale back or quit. All those can be obtained before doing any main missions by level 4.

• GameGuru2018
    214 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Better this way........

• tcarlisle2012
    179 posts

Well, let's not be over dramatic with the subject title, OK? LOL.

While I have seen times when the sniper weapons classes do no damage at long distances, I haven't seen any of the other things you are raising. Best I can tell, the sniper class weapons do not have a realistic range, and that probably is a bug.

The animal fangs for hire will not break your stealth. Well, for the most part. There are two which are as a type "combat", and while they don't give you away most of the time, sometimes they do. For example, if you are trying to stealth take an enemy base, playing with Chicharron, that rooster will walk right through a tripwire and set it off.

But the animals that are listed as "stealth", I've never had them give me away.... and stealth is how I prefer to play this game.

Another issue you list out is basically being detected while in stealth. You are doing something very wrong, because stealth works well in this game. I'd spend some time and try to help you identify where you are making mistakes, but it doesn't seem like you want to learn the game and enjoy it.

• LatereJeugd
    23 posts

@orcd3vil I think that you are broke.
    Played several hours and nothing what you said happens over here.
    Every game has small bugs, what you described and don't believe it's true at all.

Suggested Topics