ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheOutsider-NL-
    Original poster 14 posts

When I play Far Cry 6 I randomly get a huge drop in FPS. Can't play the game normally this way. I can play the game in 4K Ultra above 60fps. But often the fps drops just below 10 fps or 36 fps. Unplayable this way. I've tried everything, playing on low settings, turning off the HD texture pack. Lower resolution. Driver reinstalled, verify game files. Nothing seems to work. But then I did an installation of and older Nvidia Driver 471.96. With this driver the game runs smoothly, no problems yet. So is it an Nvidia driver related issue or Far Cry 6? Please resolve it, i'm not the only one with these problems.

RTX3080
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
    32GB
    Game installed on a Samsung 970 EVO plus m.2 SSD

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bigmanblast
    1 posts

After installing the latest Geforce driver, my game is now running at 23-32 FPS, even dropping to as low as 13 FPS in the menu. Before the update, I used to get around 60FPS, which was smooth enough for me to enjoy the game. I have changed the settings, it doesn't matter if I put the settings to high or low, it all results in the same FPS.

Help would be appreciated.

Specs-
    GTX 1070
    Intel i5 4670k
    16GB of RAM

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 652 posts

@bigmanblast Hello. Thanks for reaching out about this drop in FPS after your latest driver update. Thank you for providing your specs as well! Would you confirm for me the exact update that you installed for NVIDIA? Was it version 496.13? Would it also be possible to get a video clip showing how the game appears for you now?

Official Response
  • UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Hello, @TheOutsider-NL! I am sorry to hear that you are encountering FPS drops while playing Far Cry 6 and thank you for the steps you have already tried to resolve this. Thank you also for sharing that reverting back to the previous Nvidia driver has helped resolve this for you in the meantime. Please also try to fully update your Windows to test if that helps! I also recommend checking out this article and try any steps you have not done yet to further help troubleshoot this issue.

Official Response
  • M-bateman
    1 posts

@ubisushivamp Definitely a compatibility drivers issue. Reinstalled 471.96 and the issue is gone.

• webartist30
    21 posts

@bigmanblast Same here, these idiots are going to lose a lot of FC customers by doing this.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2678 posts

Hey @theoutsider-nl . thanks for sharing your experiences with drivers here on the forum - that's really helpful! Thanks also to @M-bateman for confirming that this driver rollback worked for you as well.

Our teams are currently tracking issues with performance in Far Cry 6, and we've been asking players to help with that, where possible. @TheOutsider-NL , I see from the other threads that you've already done this, which is great! @M-bateman , can you get in touch with our support teams directly? Please see this support article, which describes how to generate MsInfo and DxDiag files, which we can use to see diagnostic information from your system.

Once you've got those two files, please contact us via our support site, or on Facebook or Twitter, and our agents will be able to get those files from you. Once that's done, can you let me know? I'll be able to take it from there.

Thanks so much for your help with this, let me know if there's any questions at all, and sorry for the inconvenience while we continue to investigate this.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2678 posts

Hey @bigmanblast and @webartist30 , thanks for sharing your experiences with the driver update - I'm sorry to hear you've found performance issues after updating. I've merged your posts into an existing thread about this issue.

As other players have mentioned, rolling back your driver may be a working temporary solution, but better yet is to check for even newer updates (as I know I've been delayed in responding to this thread, so there has been time for a new driver version since). Otherwise, I'd like to recommend running through our troubleshooting guide, just to check for other issues. In particular, make sure you've verified the game files, your Windows install is fully updated, and you don't have any background programs which might be causing a conflict (such as system optimisers).

If there doesn't seem to be any improvement from those troubleshooting steps (besides by rolling back your driver), please get in touch. See my post above for more information about that.

Official Response
  • THE_KHARON
    7 posts

driver update not work for me make a new patch or i want to money back i will never buy again ubi's games.

Suggested Topics