Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hern_the_Hunter
    Original poster 19 posts

I don't recall when these inane messages about New Quests and Multiple Quest started, but they are all linked to hapless fallen Vikings. In my opinion they are completely unnecessary. For the most part I relied on Eivor providing a clue to a fallen Viking with a comment, such as "Interesting!", "What This?", or "Well Now", along with a few other short mutterings. Not to mention keeping an eye out for the tell tale icon just in case.

The repeat reminders about a New Quest are annoying to say the least, even before you get to interact with the body. Even more so are the constant reminders about multiple quests, which I think should actually read; "You Have Multiple Perpetrators". Usually triggered by looting something on the way to the body and even after interacting with the body.

Then of course there is the case of getting the message of a New Quest on Saturday the 23rd of October while in Colchester. As per usual Eivor starts a slow 360 degree turn, only to find nothing. Going to the map, again no fallen Viking icon anywhere on the map. For the duration of my time in the town Eivor is getting constant reminders.

On the following day, Sunday the 24th of October, while causing havoc and mayhem in Lincoln, the same thing happened again.

Earlier this evening (25th of October), shortly after arriving in Glowecestre I get a message that there is a fallen Viking somewhere. I do a slow scan and sure enough an icon appears at the western end of the church. I dash to the spot and interact with the body. One of the perpetrators is lying near the Viking (who's already been assassinated!), the other is nothing more than a dagger sticking up out of the ground a short distance from the south doorway of said church. You cannot interact with a dagger that is sticking up out of the ground. In fact this is the 12th time I've encountered this bug as I've been keeping a record of such happenstances. Not that I should complain too much, considering that 747 Vikings have been successfully avenged to date.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @hern_the_hunter

The development team has been made aware of this issue with the notifications and they are currently investigating it, though, that's all the information I have at this time. Once we have additional information available, we will share this on the forums and in patch notes once resolved.

Regarding the other issue you mentioned with the perpetrators body missing and only showing a dagger in the ground, if you can capture a clip or some screenshots of this next time you see it happen (if you do see it happen again), please could you post it here and we can forward this on to the game team.

Official Response
  • Hern_the_Hunter
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-froggard Thank you! The fact that the problem of these streams of unwelcome messages is being looked into is good news.

As to the daggers in the ground, all I can tell you is that so far as I'm aware, it only happens in the proximity to the south side of the church in Glowecestre and the entrance into Thieves' Warren. I'll do my best to let you know if it happens again. As an add-on piece of information. The faulty quest remains in the quest log until you travel out of England.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1044 posts

Thanks for getting back to us @hern_the_hunter !

Appreciate it, please keep us in the loop if it does happen again and in the meantime, we'll keep an eye out for other reports!

Official Response

Suggested Topics