ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Carshald
    Original poster 14 posts

I was in the middle of the Chorizo fetch quest where you follow him around, I picked up the mysterious key but then my game crashed. When I relaunched my game the key was missing from my inventory. When I go back to the Montero base, to where the key is, the box has already been looted. So Now I'm stuck without a key and unable to reacquire it in any sort of way.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

@carshald Hey! Sorry to hear that this issue with the key disappearing has occurred. What is the exact name of the quest and could you possibly provide a video showing this issue occurring, we can then investigate this further with the dev team.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Carshald
    Original poster 14 posts

The quest is literally called "Fetch Quest" for the Amigo Chorizo. I don't know if I can provide a video with the actual bug occuring because I have no means of going back to any saves prior to this bug, to reproduce it and record it. But I can provide a video that shows the key isn't in neither in my inventory, that the box you get it from is already looted and that the chest says I don't have the key.
    @ubi-viral

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@carshald The Mysterious Keys is not in Inventory - Keys, but in Inventory - Logistics. Are you sure it actually disappeared?
    If yes, what is Chorizo doing? He should be going to the next box.
    If he's not, I can tell you that the next box is in the building with the Workbench, on a shelf; can you open it?
    If yes, then the last box is behind the other entrance to the building with the Workbench, but Chorizo has to dig it out first.

• Carshald
    Original poster 14 posts

@cskiller86 Yes t it's not in the key section of the inventory. The game crashed after I picked up the key from the chest inside the main house (the only box Chorizo doesn't dig up). I looted the key, took a few steps and the game crashed. It registered looting the box as a checkpoint for some reason and when I reloaded back into the game the box was looted and the key is nowhere to be found.

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@carshald I meant that, as per the design, the key should not be in Keys, but in Logistics. Is it there?
    Even if it isn't in Logistics, can you continue the quest? The key is just for opening a chest on Isla Santuario, which contains a unique weapon.
    But, if it works and you can complete the mission, then it's not that big of a deal, you still get Chorizo as an Amigo.

• Carshald
    Original poster 14 posts

@cskiller86 I checked when you mentioned Logistics but it's not there either. After the crash I finished the Chorizo quest and went to the Isla Santuario to get the chest but that's when I noticed it said I didn't have the key. I'm bit OCD with collecting and completing everything so the fact that I'm not capable completing the game 100% bugs the heck out of me XD

I'll have to check the next time I play with a friend of mine, because he picked the key up and didn't unlock the chest. So I'll just have to try and see if it's possible to get it that way until Ubisoft fixes this.

• Matush_SVK
    15 posts

Same thing happened to me on PS5 version. I've already completed Fetch Quest and grabbed the key, but it disappeared from my inventory after rebooting the game.

Another strange thing, I'm still getting an option to start "Who's a good boy?" and "Fetch Quest" after I complete previous quest even though I already have Chorizo as my Amigo, so it's definetly bugged.

• Mrsporo
    5 posts

After completing the mission “fetch quest” with chorizo I never received the mysterious key, now I can not open the chest on gua-gua island to get the f*ck Anton gun, which also prevents me from getting the PlayStation trophy “collect all 47 unique weapons”

has anyone else had this problem? My best friend did get the Key and the gun we both have the ultimate edition and both have PlayStation 4’s

• Carshald
    Original poster 14 posts

@matush_svk Are you able to complete them again? Makes me wonder if the chests reset because they're part of a quest, or if Chorizo is just gonna dig up empty boxes. If you are able to replay them and complete them, would you then be able to get the key from the fetch quest? Just to make sure have you checked your entire inventory, as a poster above mentions one of the other inventories tagged "Logistics", perhaps the key might be in there?

• Mrsporo
    5 posts

After completing the mission “fetch quest” with chorizo I never received the mysterious key, now I can not open the chest on gua-gua island to get the f*ck Anton gun, which also prevents me from getting the PlayStation trophy “collect all 47 unique weapons” 

has anyone else had this problem? My best friend did get the Key and the gun we both have the ultimate edition and both have PlayStation 4’s 

• Matush_SVK
    15 posts

@carshald While I can complete both quest with some troubles (as I already have Chorizo as Amigo), chests stay unlocked and after completion lf Fetch Quest, first one appears again.

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@mrsporo Did you have a crash during the Fetch Quest mission? or did you close the game / restart during that mission?
    I've seen some threads on this already, but crashes were involved.

• Mrsporo
    5 posts

@cskiller86 hey! I had no crash, when chorizo was digging up items I could interact but I would not get any items when I interacted.

• Jayall4them
    1 posts

@mrsporo
    I have this same issue it happened to me I didn't realize this was a bug until last night now I have almost beat the game I can't get that trophy or platinum because of this bug and no there was no disconnect or anything.

• Mrsporo
    5 posts

@jayall4them right and you did all that work to get all the guns, I wish Ubisoft would reply to the message and fix the issue….

• Peteness81
    1 posts

I cannot open the chest for the unique gun, the mysterious key has disappeared.

• Syr4x86
    4 posts

@peteness81 i am too, on pc

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're both missing that key, so you can't get the unique weapon! Just to confirm, is this happening on the same mission for you both? Would you provide me with a screenshot showing this? Also, does reverting to a previous save, if possible, seem to help?

Official Response
  • Syr4x86
    4 posts

Suggested Topics